You Nerfed Telekinetic Bolt?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Rockhound665, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    WHY? A pox on all of your houses for nerfing this one cool and powerful power. I knew something was up when it didn't have Vulnerable To Interrupt. Once upon a time Psychic Flames + Mass Levitation + Telekinetic Bolt = Death to whatever it hit and you took that away. Yes the animation used to take a while(when that happened you essentially killed the power but I used it anyway) but now you made it completely useless. Thanks. Anything else you want to do to kill Mental? I mean seriously. I know of not one other powerset you messed with more than Mental.
  2. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

What happened, exactly? Mental did not need any nerfs
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

They pretty much ruined the good powers. Telekinetic Bolt, even with the ridiculously long cast time, was a very powerful power. As I said above, Phantom Flames with Mass Levitation would set about 5 enemies up and TK Bolt would finish them off. Now it's no more powerful than telekinetic push. Same with Bolt Barrage. It's animation is that of TK Push and it deals very little damage even though it drains your supercharge. This goes along with getting rid of Psychic Blades, illusory forms, and a couple of others I can't remember. They essentially took the fun out of Mental. Oh, and to make matter worse, they made Word of Power a supercharge which sucks. It used to be a part of my controller loadout.
  4. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

That’s why I have a munitions toon and scrapped my quantum/mental toons…nerfed powers. With munitions, I can dps and troll with virtually the same loadout and go pew pew at the same time.

I have a mental toon for weekly farm gathering for mats etc. and yeah, the damage out is pathetic.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I’m confused. T bolt hasn’t had a interruption sign for a while or did I miss something. I know mass terror does or did. But don’t remember that being the case for tbolt.
    • Like x 2
  6. Leonite Well-Known Player

Psychic Flames? Is that Psychic Prison + Phantom Flames?
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    They are nerfing stuff on a weekly basis it seems one thing at a time. I'm surprised nobody made a post about the big nerf to allies damage out it was a big nerf. something that nobody should have missed it happened a few weeks ago over the weekend. I don't mind the under the table nerfs but when other mmos nerf/balance stuff they actually post it and they do this with weekly to monthly game updates dcuo is one of a kind lol
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

What the F ever dude. Jesus other people's children.
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

When the game first came out T-Bolt had a cast time of about 2 or 3 seconds. Then they increased it to almost 5 seconds essentially making it useless because in a raid or alert you'd get interrupted every time. Now it's more along the lines of Psychic Push and it doesn't deal nearly the damage it used to.
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

quantum is still strong and you can also run pretty much the same loadout for both roles also
  11. L T Devoted Player

Um.... TK Bolt hasn't had its damage adjusted since stats revamp. It's been the same for literally years.
    • Like x 1
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

You think I'm making this up? I was Mental for the first couple of years of this game and know of what I speak. Look at this video from 11:44. This is what TK Bolt used to be. This is what I mean.
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

Uhhh... yeah, stats revamp happened.

Your thread makes it seem like the power was nerfed recently or something. Stats revamp was in 2017.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The
    The way you made it sound was that it was recently changed. It’s been that way for a while
  15. L T Devoted Player

I have had the exact same test toon with the exact same might as I had for Stats revamp. I tested every single ability from every single power set at that time, and have kept track of updates since. TK Bolt did, and still does, about 2.5-3% more damage than similar high power cost bursts from other power sets like Wildfire or Distortion Wave. That difference is likely due to a slight difference in animation time.

I'm not accusing you of making anything up, but I am saying it's been this way for quite a long while. Mental's strengths at the moment are single target performance and its ability to hide multiple supercharges inside of Invisibility. Also, Psychic Prison does the same damage as Inferno, but does it over 6 seconds instead of 12. Try it-- you'll like it.
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

telekinetic bolt was changed when we got our AM. I'm forgetting the power that gave up its animation to tk bolt atm.

whats irritating is the change made to tk push. It hasn't been an effective dps power to use since pre AM/WM days but the extra push back its been given makes it a very unsavory power to have. You'll push ads off of power fields, out of range of follow up powers and its just generally annoying.

What I would like to see is TK Bolt get back its PI capabilities bursting encased ads.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As far as we are aware, nothing has changed with this power this decade.
    • Like x 1
  18. BumblingB I got better.

How long ago since you played?
    The video from Trexlight is from 2012 when they were adjusting the powers. (And breaking mass terror to OP levels. lol) Advanced mechanics weren't even introduced yet. Stats Revamp was from like 2017.
    • Like x 1
  19. August Moon Well-Known Player

Everything you mentioned was changed like 5 years ago. Where have you been?
  20. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

Yeah not about the power but whats this content warning shite on the top of it? The second one isn't even an egregious attack, its just a bit snarky in tone. Wasn't aware I was browsing twitter
    • Like x 1