Can't complete Metal Part I

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Scarlett Jaxx aka Zodiac, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Scarlett Jaxx aka Zodiac New Player

Ok I have CR 347 and I cannot complete the Metal Part I solo mission that I am told is required to open the Metal Gotham zone. Is there any way to bypass this stupid solo mission? I have tried defeating the Mirror Master over 20 times and each time he opens those orange portals my character moves at a snail's pace even after breaking out of the stun. This of course kills me seconds after the portals open. I can't even get the dodge to work to avoid those portals.

I have even tried lowering all my graphics to see if that would speed up my framerate so as to lesson the lag. Nothing is helping. This is literally the only area in the game I cannot complete no matter how much I try. I even passed it up after the first 12 attempts and focused on raising my stat points, artifact ranks, and higher end gear for more hp and stats in hopes that I could do better. Still get wiped out.

Not sure if I am missing something or if there is something I can get that will make my toon move faster when in combat. If there is a way to just bypass this mission I would love to know what it is. Not every toon is a speedster or acrobatics. Any honest advice or tips is appreciated. Thankyou.
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I kept getting KO'd at this point too. I was running as DPS, I found if I switched to 'troll I was able to use shields and stuns to finish it.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Use a shield.
    • Like x 5
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

No bypassing it. It was a tough fight when it 1st came out. Lots of write ups on it and what tactics to use. Some powers got thru it easier than others. Keep moving, lock onto just him. Use fast powers, no channels. Have a shield or 2. Use your super, pets, orbital, and even henchmen. I don’t think you’re lagging, you’re just staying stationary and getting in the slowing field. Get used to the timing of them and be moving before they come up. Tumble master helps too.
    • Like x 3
  5. Scarlett Jaxx aka Zodiac New Player

I am a troller, guess I will try switching to troll loadout and see if that helps.
    What do you guys think about me retconning my crit and crit chance and investing my SP in health and dominance? Will that help or will that all just be nerfed with the CR cap?
  6. Darkwalker Active Player

Completed this in DPS stance on multiple flyers. You just need Tumbling Master and a shield and voila! You're all set.
    • Like x 1
  7. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Probably won’t help. It’s not a burn check but it kind of is. I could end that fight in 20secs at level. Didn’t have time to get a 2nd red thingy out. Throw everything kitchen sink style. Hard light shield and then cola and supply drop should keep you alive. Just always be moving. Stationary is what gets you killed in there. Don’t have to hustle just keep moving in a clockwise circle so you don’t overlap the red thingys. Drop orbital instantly, lunge him so he stays put then move away and circle around him. Pop super, trinket pets, henchmen as you move then just fast powers. If you’re muni, then just use the regular choices while moving. If you feel slowed down, tumble master out of it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yup. Even in a dps loadout hard light shield is strong enough to buy you that extra second you need to tumble out of the way.
  9. GermanM Committed Player

the trick is moving and moving and moving, use shield´s if you need.
  10. Illumin411 Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They should NEVER have a solo as a gateway to an OW area....Hopefully they will avoid that in the future.

That having been said, as the others already responded, a shield or some extra heals can be key. You might need to change up your usual loadout. Also, knowing the mechanics well helps a lot. Mirror Master's damage pools are pretty well on a set timer and easy to avoid, Red Death is a bit tougher, but he's pretty doable.

Switch your henchmen for sidekick, add a shield or 2nd shield (hard light/PDF consumable) if you already run one. If you have any healing moves, pop one in...some extra health back will offset the loss of damage...especially for Red where there are large portions of the fight where you can't even hit him, but he can be damaging you.

Good luck getting to Metal Gotham....where you get to immediately go into another solo (walk in) to save Gordon. Not sure what the thinking was when they laid this one out.
    • Like x 1
  12. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Am I missing something? Doesn’t it have a tell that it’s about to pop so that you can get out of the way? I personally don’t like that solo so it’s been a while since I’ve done it. (Don’t like it because the opening part before mirror master takes ages).

What power are you? I’m also flight on all my toons. I use tumbling master to dodge more efficiently.

Gadgets has decoy and stealth
    Mental has invisibility
    Quantum has quantum teleport

I’m pretty sure munitions has a detaunt to but I can’t remember. Basically detaunts also help. Have a pet up and continue to detaunt so that your pets are taking the damage for you. Try to go in with max sc so that you can use it as soon as the fight starts. And pop shields as needed. Make sure your orbital and everything is up.

Also, even thou you only have 4 utility slots you can use 5 pretty easily. Henchmen, trinket pet, orbital, supply drop, and buff trinket. Pop your henchmen before the fight starts and then switch it out for one of the other 4. When I’m combat pop your trinket pet supply drop and buff trinket then pop your sc followed by your orbital and pew pew.

Since you’re a controller than you can switch troll before the fight and use the attack and defense debuff to help.

What allies you have? I personally find queen Diana helpful to solo things. If you don’t have her you can save up 700 sms to buy her. You can use her at R1 since she doesn’t need ti be leveled to have a longer taunt.
  13. Irvynnge Loyal Player

shield up, keep moving, & remember where the two health barrels are. I'm might gadgets / bow. didn't use stealth or decoy, just popped sidekick, & hit him with everything I had. it's doable. but it's a nightmare way to have to get in to an episode. took me a goodly few attempts before I finally got it. & then, there's the Batman Who Runs. . .
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I thought it was pretty genius.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Nah....especially when it came out, pre open episodes and with no alternative for 'current' gear. If you missed it on 'event' level, and were pretty much capped on JLD gear, you were at a standstill for that episode.

Now personally I didn't have any real issue outside of my absolute lowest farming toons, and even on those, a few tweaks got the job done, but I know several people who struggled for many runs before getting it done. With all this 'everything for everyone' feeling we have now, that bottleneck seems out of place.
    • Like x 2
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If players can't rise to the challenge from a solo perhaps it's not a bad idea to gate those players from group content. But per usual the casual majority are the loudest.
    • Like x 1
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh...100% down with leaving them out of groups....but we are talking about getting into OW content. BTW....you could still have queued for any of the group content NEVER finishing the solo, you just wouldn't advance the journal entry or open OW, so if that's the goal, it wasn't working as designed.
    • Like x 1
  18. FoolsFire Devoted Player

19. Great Architect Loyal Player

This is the way to go. Use your non-DPS powers wisely. You can't just burn this one. It is probably the single hardest solo mission (although it's predecessor solo, Throne Room was close).

Don't be afraid to give up damage for survivability, and don't be afraid to be patient. Also, for some reason, the rarest drop in a collection drops... there (Luthor Gauntlets). Happy days.
    • Like x 1
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

In all practicality I completely agree but I do remember thinking it was cool that my very first experience in that DLC was being thrown in to the urgency of the situation as far as the story instead of it being the usual hope that I at least get some blue gear from open world dailies. Plus Metal Gotham is probably the most dreary open world in the game. It’s not the best first impression.

That logic is fairly sound if you’re talking about elite content and possibly in some rare situational reg content. But I think most would agree that in the vast majority of reg group content in this game, a player is perfectly fine planting their feet and firing off channeled power after channeled power without much consequence.

I feel like it didn’t have a skull or “chevron” as the devs call it. But I do remember typically anticipating it. I’m not sure if that was due to learning the timing or being regular with my opening gambit damage so that it happened at the same time or something like that. Merc was missing a skull for the longest and I think another was missing elsewhere in the DLC so I wouldn’t be surprised if the mirror attack didn’t have one.

As far as detaunting, I’m not sure that would work with the mirror attack mechanic. It’s not a direct attack from mirror master and I think they spawn on you regardless similar to 6thD Superman, Brainiac and Tala’s attacks on the furthest person regardless of aggro. Plus I’ve always had distract in pretty much every loadout ever and if that was a way to cheese that mechanic I’d have done that every time, lol.