An increasingly selective community - what kind of MMO is this?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tolly, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

But what's happening to this game? the more the game evolves and the more it evolves in selectivity, in raids the advantage given to precision players starts to be felt, now with the x2 source brand event, some don't take you, because you don't have the EOG artifact, but where is the team spirit and playing all together?

The saddest thing is that the devs don't seem to care about this selectivity, or haven't they noticed it yet? I don't know what the behaviour is on the US server, but on the EU server, it's becoming more and more frequent and for all sorts of things, it's becoming more and more burdensome in DCUO, let's not forget the level of artefact that can be discriminatory especially in the elite instances. What is the devs position on this?

It's supposed to be an MMO where everyone should be able to "play together", but I find that the more the game progresses the less this is true in DCUO...
    • Like x 6
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

To be fair, this is something that has existed in the game since launch. I remember being in LFG and being told to "report to Batwoman for inspection." Where your gear could be inspected because at the time your CR wasn't visible.

It's something that does exist in other MMO's, Final Fantasy is a much worse offender for example. It's annoying, and it's something about this game I've always disliked, it has that "You're not cool enough to play with the cool kids" vibe from high school.
    • Like x 14
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Literally every single MMO has this. Look at warframe, people only want certain frames with specific mods for different content. Every single game will require this. Pretending its only in DCUO is foolish. No matter what they change there will always be metas and people will always look for those running the metas. No dev can change this without killing the game.
    • Like x 9
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Why not just get the metas? Makes life a lot more simple. Or just build your own group. Players are going in to take advantage of something and using other advantages. People asking for prec for example. They aren’t caring if there’s better might powers, they just know that generally if someone is prec then they have the cookie cutter build and will do adequate damage. Everyone wants in on the spams but not everyone is well built. They want as fast as it can be done. If the things you want to be changed get changed, that doesn’t instantly open all doors for everyone, it just closes doors because the next meta will replace this one.

We keep having lots of double nth events yet no one takes advantage and swaps to the metas. Which is fine, it’s your choice. I’m the same way on some toons and go against it. So I don’t reply to those lfg shouts and go about my biz
    • Like x 1
  5. Hraesvelg Always Right

Every single GROUP has this. Has he or she tried to get a job? Does one...not have to have certain qualifications/skills/abilities? If you applied to be senior vice president of marketing, but only had two years as a landscaper and no degree...do you think you'd get the job?

People are free to associate, or not associate, as they damn well please in a video game setting, by whatever criteria they like. I'll take the time to show leaguemates mechanics, help them work on artifacts and the like, and even bash my head against the door against an Elite if I don't think they're up for it...but this seems like a complaint for a PUG/LFG situation. I don't have an infinite amount of time to waste in an Elite raid with someone with awful/low artifacts, SP, and/or gear.

The HH spam requiring EOG is a bit much, personally, but...make your own group with whatever hippy dippy funtime rules you like.
    • Like x 4
  6. KidKretz Committed Player

the easiest solution is to take charge and be the leader of the group, form it yourself.

HOWEVER, i do predict that once you start wiping, you will start inspecting and caring more about who YOU let into the group, hence you will become the very thing you disliked in the first place, but might walk away with an understanding as to the WHY, which is that these ppl also find it burdensome when they wipe over and over again, hence they are using the tools allotted them in the game to ensure success and a burdenless run :)
    • Like x 6
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

As Quantum Edge correctly pointed out, this is not some new thing happening in this game. It didn't just recently start. And unfortunately, there is not a single thing that the Developers can do to change Human Behavior.

You may not want to hear this, but everyone has to face this reality...you can't make people play with anyone they don't want to. It may sound harsh or whatever, but that's life. If they won't let you into their groups, make your own, set your own rules. In all seriousness, what computer magic does anyone expect the Devs to do here?

Now if there are issues of artifacts underperforming, or weapons that need adjustment, powers that could use a buff...by all means let them know. But do so in precise detail. Give them numbers and information they can actually work with. Blaming the Devs for player behavior that dates all the way back to year one of this game does nothing to actually fix anything. You want them to fix something, give them something that they are qualified to fix. In the meanwhile, build your own groups and stop expecting people to pick you to be in their group as if they are obligated to do so.
    • Like x 5
  8. Tolly Committed Player

I want to believe that all MMOs have a certain selectivity, but on DCUO, personally, I find it more and more heavy...
    • Like x 2
  9. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

How long have you been playing DCUO? How exactly do you expect the Devs to make it so that they have to pick you for their groups? Is their something preventing you from making your own groups, something they can actually fix???
    • Like x 3
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I am a bit puzzled by this post.

It has been like this since..... pretty much forever.

People have been excluding people since forever either because they had low level gear.... low Skill Points.... because they did not have the latest OP power.....and more.

Heck around the time of Origin Crisis.... I could not play any group content.
    People would see that I did not have the latest mods at the time.... and would kick me out of the group.

And you might reply... form your own group??
    people would join the group.... inspect and see that I did not have the latest mods....and leave.

I was playing as a Troll..... and the Vit mod plans were UBER expensive. Same with the mods themselves.
    And I was not the Broker Master that I am today.... so it took me a looong time to get them Mods.

And now yes... people have been asking for the EoG for some time..

People asking for the top CR... top Mods....and now top Artifacts... and soon top Allies is nothing new really.

So.... what happened to this game??

Pretty much what has always been happening.
    Not sure why it is a surprise all of a sudden?? :confused:
    • Like x 5
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

You're free to make whatever group you like, with whatever rules and requirements you want. People are then free to join, or not join, your group with those stipulations in place. No one has a monopoly on making groups.

Do people want to run with other people who have endgame meta gear to make things easier? It's only natural, so people will probably gravitate toward those groups.

What do you propose be done, exactly? What concrete steps can be taken to implement your idea of everyone being forced to group? Make everyone Omni-style queue solo into every instance? I can bet that'll do more long-term damage to the game than some people being cliquey.
    • Like x 2
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Three words..."it's reg bro"
    • Like x 2
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

If you want to play with other players... you have to be prepared to adjust your playstyle to what the groups needs... or want.

I play as a Troll.... but if the group does not want a Troll and ask me to switch to DPS..... I can either switch to DPS.... or leave.... or stays as a Troll and risk being kicked.

Or even if the group wants a Troll... I play a Power/Debuff Troll..... but they may ask me to switch to Buff Troll.... or to play as a Battle Troll.

I can be flexible and accommodate the group... or leave.

When you play with other people..... you have to take what they want into account.

If you want to play with people.... sadly you may have to play Precision.... use Robot Sidekick.... EoG.... and I forget what the latest Meta is.

Or make friends who do not care about the latest Meta and play with them??

Or... go the way of the Lone Solo Warrior and simply play solo.
    Pretty much what I did when we got Origin Crisis.
    • Like x 3
  14. Wallachia Devoted Player

Sorry to inform you that even the real world suffers from this issue.
    • Like x 1
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

What makes me laugh is the HH spam groups that demand eog dps to shave seconds off the running time and then spend an average of two minutes fannying about between runs instead of queuing up.
    • Like x 2
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Pretty much this. And that kind of behavior so early on in the game made it pretty easy for me to decide to go it alone as much as possible.

I knew it was going to be the longer, slower path, especially with multiple characters. But I refuse to jump through a bunch of made-up hoops just to play a game, and I've got better things to do with my time in-game than "prove" myself like that.
    • Like x 4
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Excuse me?!? The last time i checked you need to have 15 maxed artifacts to be allowed to talk on the forums. :cool::p

Funny side fact, the groups that ask for such stuff in Lfg are usually underperforming anyway. Dont bother to meet their unnecessary standards.
    • Like x 10
  18. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

You said "every single MMO" and picked WF.
    What other MMO have artifact metas?
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

The population on the usps server make it hard to put groups together. Especially when the content get stale.