Artifact Slots. We need More.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

So you're saying this launches with Ep 43?

:p
    • Like x 1
  2. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

I don't think it's necessary, but that this 4th slot is just passive.
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

LOL mid summer probably the earliest something like this would happen, if it were to happen. We also plan to begin research on underperforming artifacts and to bring them up to snuff, making them relevant as possible. I could see a world where both things happened at once.

Of course, no promises, but it's something I've been thinking about and discussing internally.
    • Like x 13
  4. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

On the other hand, if I wear them, I won't be able to fly anymore...
  5. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Great news!
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Too late. Now we will expect all that to launch with Episode 43. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Thats great news! I hope you guys can focus more on such topics (balancing,buffing,fixxing unintented stuff, just generally closing gaps) in the future even if that costs us a second raid in a episode (imo).
    • Like x 1
  8. JDIRS Well-Known Player

For real, it would be great if some of this could be done as a midseason update between episode 43 and 44. Yet another reason summer can't arrive soon enough!
  9. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Allies do not parallel the strength of artifacts at all.
    • Like x 1
  10. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I never thought to articulate it that way; but my previous ideas of how to use more artifacts only ever considered the passives. I didn’t expect or intend for the actual stats to apply. I often forget that artifacts even give stats. lol
    • Like x 1
  11. King Bakes Well-Known Player

I was going to suggest exactly this. I'd be on board with a 4th slot if it didn't actually give us increased stats - just the effects of the artifact.
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

lol, I was kidding of course. But I appreciate your consideration and transparency on the question!
  13. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If it does indeed happen, please please pleaseeee lock us out of tac swaps. New tab, whatever it takes. If you give us 4 and we can still tac swap, it will be an absolute disaster. A fun disaster but a disaster.

Signed
    A thirsty tac swapper
    • Like x 5
  14. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Pandora's Box....

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I must stress, please do not add a 4th artifact slot in any form. It will make balancing the game even more difficult that it already is in both content, play styles and power sets.
    • Like x 6
  16. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

4th artifact slot in any form would be a big step backwards for the game in so many ways. I do think some on the thread are suggesting the idea in jest though.

I am intrigued by the underperforming artifacts update however......
    • Like x 5
  17. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Idc about the stats, I just want the bonuses. The flat stats are pointless anyway… oh my… +752 might… game breaker right there!!!!!! Sound the alarms!!!!
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

I agree but theres also another issue art swap mid fight maybe with the intruduction of 4th slot they could atleast not allow us to do that.. but i understand the concern interms of ingame balance especially for elite raid content thats supposed to be difficult.

But if charon thinks its okay i would trust him since he also is the one whos involved in the difficulty,design of the content etc hes so far always done excellent in anything he did.
    • Like x 1
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Well the % based stats are actually the big one but i assume with no stats he also means no % stats atleast i hope so
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

And what happens if they keep art swap and add 4th artifact slot. RIP balance of content, powersets and more. Making the game harder to fix.

The issue is players presume that if the devs fix one thing they will add another thing in response, without any nuance to the discussion or alternative scenario.

The only people with the answers to that are the devs. Everyone else is speculating or reaching for ideas that may be very short-sighted later on or in hindsight.

I'm also curious to know if those who want a 4th artifact slot play the game actively? Endgame, elite content?

There's only 2 guarantees of adding a 4th artifact slot in any form:

1. Balance will become more difficult to achieve.
    2. The game will become even more pay to win.
    • Like x 4