Test Discussion Episode 43: Powerset Robot Sidekicks

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Charon, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

Hello all.

Robot Sidekick now has Powerset variations! Access them through the Iconic Power and choose the original Robot Sidekick or the Powerset Version which will automatically detect your powerset and spawn an appropriate looking Robot Sidekick with powerset specific attack FX and shield FX.

We are not able to address any concerns about the animations making robot noises, despite them perhaps not being fitting for every powerset. In the future we may be able to do this but not at this time.

Please let us know if any FX are too loud or have visual glitches.

Thanks!

• Like x 16
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

Hurray!
    • Like x 1
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

Unfreakinbeliveable!! Thank you all so much for this. FINALLY!!
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Bug: Villain Celestial Robot Sidekick spawns the regular robot drone. Double checked the equipped power and respawned it 3 times to make sure.
  5. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

• Like x 3
  6. Leonite Well-Known Player

Does the powerset RSK apply the powerset's PI? So fire RSK will burn enemies? How about powersets with multiple PIs?
  7. PlayerNumberWhoKnows Active Player

A QoL question:
    Can you add the option to mute the sound/volume or lower for the: Iconic Powers Robot Sidekick?
    Please.
    Or something in your power, to make it easier to deal with that sound portion, effect.
    Hope its not just me who founds it killing in the ears.
    You get the idea, just hang with that bot for a while haha.
    • Like x 4
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

In the case of powersets with multiple PIs, it’ll probably apply whatever PI Grimorium does, i.e daze for gadgets.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Rsk applies pi when you have the MERCY artifact equipped. Not just regular rsk. They don’t want to make grim useless I’d imagine.
  10. Leda New Player

In testing, I noticed the following were bugged (I wasn't applying the new art - this was legit just the shield the rsk applies when it's doing its own thing):
    - Atomic and munitions rsk did not apply any shield
    - Villain hard light applied a green shield instead of yellow
    - Villain celestial summons a rsk that looks like the current default one when I believe this should be the corrupted celestial (purple) material? The shield was purple when it spawned (which was good).
    - Nature and quantum shields are giant. I popped the quantum sc shield at the same time and the robot's shield was legit the same size as me. Nature seemed bigger than me.

The following are suggestions from me and my league for improvement:
    - Rage could apply redirected rage as the shield rather than the current one. It's not very visible when it's on and the other shields are done quite well so would be nice to see more animation in this one.
    - Sorcery could apply a brighter shield (e.g. shield on guardian is brighter than the boon of souls)
    - Electricity - It would be really cool to have group transducer as a shield rather than flux. I think group transducer looks cooler than flux but that's obviously just my opinion.
    • Like x 3
  11. GermanM Committed Player

Thank you
  12. GermanM Committed Player

Maybe is ask much, but can you fix the self destruction thing that happen when we switch between armory´s?
    • Like x 2
  13. BumblingB I got better.

MAM equipped, you have to be in combat, and you need to hi MAP to trigger the PI.

It varies from Powersets. Fire would only setup the Burning PI, but Electric and Gadgets does different PI's than Grim. (Electrified vs Polarized and Frostbite vs Dazed.)
  14. Charon Lead Content Designer

Fixed and adjusted everything above based on this feedback, thanks.

Making a magma version for the Earth pet to see how that is received.

Nature pet has a lighter material variant of the powerset chromas now.
    • Like x 3
  15. Sprangtastic New Player

On live right now RSK cannot be used in ice elemental form, will this change with the power specific RSK?
    • Like x 1
  16. Ranmaru Developer

This is not a powerset pet specific issue, however I'm going to go ahead and fix this for both regular RSK and Exo RSK because there is no reason it should have that behavior, thanks for letting us know.
    • Like x 4
  17. Time Warped Level 30

Could you also pretty please with sprinkles on top do something about RSK self destruction when we switch armories? Pretty please.
  18. Ranmaru Developer

Sadly that looks like a tech limitation, something about switching armories causes it to un-equip (so to speak) RSK for a second causing the game to read as if it was de-summoned and deactivate it.
    • Like x 1
  19. Sprangtastic New Player

Awesome! Thank you!
  20. CROVAX New Player

There's an issue that prevents RSK from spawning while in combat (after it's been destroyed). It's as if it gets clipped with other powers, stops the spawning animation completely, and places the ability on cooldown. Is this something that will be addressed with these updates?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.