Episode 43: Powerset Robot Sidekicks!

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Iconic Simulation, Apr 1, 2022.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Fire
    [IMG]

Nature
    [IMG]

Sorcery
    [IMG]

Mental
    [IMG]

Ice
    [IMG]

Gadgets
    [IMG]

Light
    (Hero)
    [IMG]

(Villain)
    [IMG]

Electricity
    [IMG]

Earth
    [IMG]

Quantum
    [IMG]

Celestial
    [IMG]

Rage
    [IMG]

Munitions
    [IMG]

Atomic
    [IMG]

Water
    [IMG]
    • Like x 12
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I strongly dislike robot sidekicks and do not use them. It's a meta build DPS trope I will not do. Henchmen already make it mobility challenged for a tank, no more friendly npcs on the battleground.
    • Like x 4
  3. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Im not sure this is the thread to discuss personal opinions on the functionality of the robot sidekick. This is merely a thread of a new cosmetic feature the devs are offering with the new dlc. Let's keep it to that, shall we? Thanks! ;)
    • Like x 7
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

What is that? Is that just materials added to robot side kick?
  6. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Not only that, the robot's attacks also change depending on the powerset (well, with the new artifact you get an additional strong attack, which also looks different depending on the powerset...).
    • Like x 4
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The robot of earth and nature, in comparison with other robots, looks very faded ... if anyone remembers, the material of nature on the broker was the cheapest material on the broker among the materials of powersets...
  8. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Iv died so many times before from other players pets/ henchman its just another reason to hate stats revamp for being a one shot revamp to the face. if you got lag/pushed/stunned/locked into a one shot then you probably hate stats revamp just as much as I do and probably don't even run elite for that reason. Really thought they woukd drop the next artifact slot on us though. Or like a pet slot in a new Ui window with a new progression system for pets. bring new pets to the game to level up with experience from koing enemies so they can add another Bonus Week to the list
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why is everyone going off on weird tangents? I don’t use Robot Sidekick but I think this is a really cool addition to the most used iconic power in the game.
    • Like x 9
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I just want to start off being blunt I already dislike it lol why would nature have a robot sidekick? Perhaps the sounds mimicking said powerset could be used for immersion but seriously I feel like you guys could have done more and are capable of such. I for one know DCUO has the best customization ever but lacks in other areas. I would have liked if we just gotten another pet artifact since a RSK takes a slot…. Godwave takes a slot as well… we been having issues of not being able to use more powers because we are only limited to one loadout. The one thing I liked about Elder Scrolls Online was that I was able to switch between loadouts mid combat without any restrictions. In DCUO it’s called an armory but that works differently than what ESO does.

If you’re not playing Earth or Sorcery you will have to use three slots 1 for RSK, 1 for Godwave and 1 for the new Mercy Attack Protocol. Sure if you’re Hardlight it can work since that powerset allows you to combo into other attacks without wasting a lot of slots. Having said that I do like that with the new artifact you can heal your pet whenever you heal yourself. I’m already thinking of EOG and Pheromone Bloom on my Earth Battle Tank lol I’m puzzled though because pets blocking players when situations arises where you need to move out just makes me think why this approach. Heck even Ranmaru in the test section said he likes playing pets but said no such thing on how to fix said problems regarding pets….. one last thing

WHY ONLY ONE ARTIFACT???? :/ I liked when it was three at one point
  11. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I honestly did not expect a negative reaction... the skins themselves do not necessarily have to be liked by everyone (for example, I don’t really like the robots of the earth and nature) the update itself is very good, people have been asking for this for years... now the degree of immersion is growing significantly (robot attacks too change, so you can safely assume that this is not a robot, but an elemental or a lantern construct, or even a strange green insect...)...)...
    • Like x 7
  12. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, that just an annoying trait of gaming communities. A whole bunch of people will ask for or suggest something or the devs will just have an idea for it and think it's something people would like and then they do it and suddenly a bunch of random people start freaking out for no reason. A lot of people seem to assume that just because they themselves didn't request it or haven't seen the requests that "no one asked for this". It's a minority, but a LOUD minority. The types that expect everything to cater specifically to what they want and enjoy and get mad whenever devs dare add things they specifically aren't into. Like.... guys.... you may not be into it but others are and it doesn't hurt you for them to get it. You can just not use what you don't want to use.

IDK how much I'll end up using any of these guys, but I think they're pretty cool and really fit a lot of my characters thematically. And I've seen the argument of "why would (insert power) have a robot?" but like... I'm sure people have tons of characters it would make sense with for any number of reasons. For instance, someone could have a fire toon that's intended less as someone with actual fire powers and more as someone with pyrotechnics (like a Firefly or Heatwave deal) and might also have a robot, same for any other power, or maybe it's just an extra little aid. I don't think it's ridiculous for even a superpowered person (especially if inexperienced and just starting or simply not particularly powerful) to have a little robot just as extra help when needed.
    • Like x 4
  13. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I will clarify one detail, the new powerset robots have new basic attacks based on the powerset and new shields based on the powerset, if used in conjunction with the artifact, the new powerset robots also receive an additional strong attack in addition to everything mentioned above, which also has visual effects based on the powerset..
    • Like x 2
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

The Lantern ones are suuuper sweet!! Good lord, just look at 'em! The Sorcery one is to my liking as well. Better than the default for sure.

Earth, oh Earth.

I get the feeling that one will look a bit better directly, but anyway you shake it, it's a dull one. Oh well, once again... better than default.
    • Like x 2
  15. PickArole Well-Known Player

New skins isn't a problem in my opinion, but more people running to run pets is gonna hurt. I have a pet build sorcerer and I love it! My main guy is a tank. Now on this note, I lost count how many times people have chewed me out for not catching an add. With all these pets surrounding me I CAN'T move!!! Making my healer die, then dps die and I suck because I couldn't even jump outta the pile of sidekicks, henchmen ext. If ya wanna make more people run pets, make ALL these helpers so we can pass through them!
    • Like x 2
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Dooooooooope!! :)
    • Like x 1
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Even though I don’t use it myself, seeing others with thematically appropriate RS will be great for my own immersion. Fingers crossed for other iconics getting the same treatment. I’d love to have HL shields that match the powerset auras.
    • Like x 2
  18. Achikah All About That Base

This is an awesome update. Been wanting some kind of skin for the RSK forever. Not a complete reskin, but definitely a major improvement and a step in the right direction. My hybrid Fire battletank is gonna rock the hellfire outta that molten battle droid!
    • Like x 2
  19. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Earth and sorcery have only ever had 2 slots to work with if using a supercharge. For sorcery, it’s godwave/offering/fury/attack1/attack2/supercharge or attack3.

Now every powerset can do what sorcery does. Mercy replaces offering. Hardlight, ice, gadgets, electric all work rather well with it. And any powerset can use it without source shard easily. I do see it as the “death” of sorcery and earth tho. Like yes, fury still hits a little harder than rsk but now you have all these other powersets that can do what only sorcery and earth could do a few weeks ago. So now I can go with a much stronger overall powerset and take the best parts of a pet build and stack that damage. Or you can still go with a trans solar or amulet build or whatever really and just add in mercy for a good boost in damage. Obviously we’ll still use the powersets but will probably see less of them out in the wild.

Munitions for example with mercy. Most players run solar amp because it hits hard and applies pi. Some don’t and apply pi thru other means. Well, now you can run quislet/mercy/EoG and LO would be mercy/mini nuke or rocket launcher/ chain gun/ rail gun/ rsk/ turret. 10sec parsers won’t look much different but 60sec ones will.
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The artifact is intended for people who want to focus on a pet build, so yes if we choose to do a dedicated pet build we will only have three spots to work with for our non-pet rotation, but again that is a choice people have to make themselves. I did some testing myself and the parsers came out roughly the same as my current rotation, but it didn't feel as smooth as my rotation on live so I will probably stick with what I have currently since there is no noticeable gain in damage for me.

As for the RSKs, I personally like them. I understand that a dedicated new model for every power set would be the ideal scenario, but we also have to take into consideration that those would take considerably more dev time. I'm grateful we got these re-skins at all, I know a few people have been asking for an RSK that looks closer to our powersets.
    • Like x 3