Test Discussion Episode 43: New Apokolips Duo

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Millbarge, Apr 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millbarge Developer

Thanks for checking out the New Apokolips Duo!
    Here you'll confront the Furies, Resurrected Brimstone and Darkfather.

Please leave any feedback and/or suggestions you have. I'll check this thread periodically and update it with changes that are being made.

-Millbarge
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Visually, this is going to be a problem instance for me. Specifically the final room. Heavy migaine trigger, likely caused by the grated floor. Any chance the grated area could be lessened. Maybe keep the inner portion grated and replace the outer section with a proper floor.

As it currently stands, not sure I'll be able to do much in the duo.
    • Like x 4
  3. BumblingB I got better.

I have to agree. I ran this duo twice now. Once normal, but it was a quick fight. I ran the elite with CJ here and needed to focus. I started to feel queasy and then CJ said "Wait a minute, why am I feeling like a migraine coming on." I went "That's what I was feeling."

The grating on the floor. It has a weird optical illusion and you have to keep moving around to check the room for effects. Is there any way we can have the floor grate just be a solid floor? It's really a problem for me too.
    • Like x 2
  4. Reverse Sentry Active Player

Ran the elite and here are a few keynotes:
    -I did not have the optical illusion problem stated by the two above
    -Brimstone has permanent stuns which makes is hella annoying to do say even a single rotation
    -Darkfathers Omega Orbital Strike felt like it was not quite hitting the right spot, often the orbital strike hit himself
    -Omega Orbital Strike itself is not a danger -> Should be more than just one to increase that danger
  5. GermanM Committed Player

[IMG]
    In the second boss fight this girl stay still and do nothing, i know NPC´s dont help much in fights, but should her at least not trying to do something?
    • Like x 2
  6. Eve YouTuber

Question

at 7:37 the red light on the floor appears (means his attack is going to happen) but we already killed the boss and yet the attack continued through the cutscene and one shotted me. I couldn't move away as the cutscene showed as soon as we beat him.
    • Like x 1
  7. Millbarge Developer

Update:
    We've made updates to the grated floor - it should be easier on the eyes now. This won't be in today's update, but will be soon™

I've also submitted a fix for the KO during cutscenes. That will probably be in the same patch as the map.

-Millbarge
    • Like x 4
  8. Yaiba Committed Player

Sorcery's SCs can turn the bosses into animal, allow you to bypass some mechanics, it's fun but i don't think it's intended.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

In regards to [Elite] duo feedback

The infinitely respawning add waves need a larger delay then they presently have. It creates a situation where you either need 2 dps to nuke the boss before the adds become an issue or you need a tank and dps. Healer its doable but leads to deaths, especially if the dps is weak. The present delay on 2nd and 3rd boss seem like <30 seconds after you kill them and especially in the Brimstone fight where it's 5 that respawn along with Brimestone + needing to block the mechanic + avoid the fire pools/lava etc it's alot for that encounter from the standpoint of a regular player.
    • Like x 1
  10. Aetrius Well-Known Player

Regarding the elite duo - This seems to be another one where a tank is almost essential. For the average player, I don't see two dps being able to finish this at all.

Now as for specific notes - during the Brimstone fight, there needs to be some delay between phases. We had times where the floor eruptions and the source explosion were happening at the same time. Even if you're blocking, both do damage, and a dps is not going to survive both if you get an eruption under your feet while you're blocking through the one-shot.

There did not seem to be a limit on the number of pick-ups allowed. Not sure if this is intended or not.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I just ran it again. The floor fix is in and it's good. I like the fact that the rings show through the floor still, but darkened some and the rest is solid. This is perfect.

In terms of difficulty, Elite is heavily slanted towards needing a tank. Unlike the previous duos, this one is a little extreme. Especially the second boss, I was watching my Fire Tank Leaguemate having his health be like a yoyo. It was surreal. I think maybe having a few less additional enemies in the second and third fight will help a lot. As for the first one, three bosses is just hard to handle, maybe a damage adjustment down slightly to help alleviate this problem.

This is a pretty straight forward instance.
  12. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    This is for the Elite duo.

First Fight
    • The bosses all ignore Holographic Decoy.
    • If your partner gets KOed, there is no way to rally them. The bosses will just stick to you the entire time leaving no opportunity to perform the rally.
    • Lashina's interruptible high damage electric discharge attack has no skull on it. There doesn't seem to be an obvious tell or messaging either.
    Brimstone
    • The timing on the Brimstone explosion feels a little too tight to me. If you have an extra power or weapon attack queued up at the wrong moment, it is hard to get into block in time. An extra half second would help a lot here.
    Darkfather
    • Darkfather certainly likes to spam his Omega Beams. I was hoping this fight would have some other mechanic besides adds and Omega Beams.
    • After Darkfather was defeated, my partner and I remained in combat. Grail kept trying to attack an invisible enemy.
    Overall
    • With the current tuning, the duo really encourages players to bring along a tank. 2 DPS + 3 bosses in the first fight that always target players makes for a rough fight. The adds on the Brimstone and Darkfather fights seemed to be more dangerous than the actual bosses. So the way those fights are setup encourages players to bring a tank along or have two nuke DPS.
    • In general, this duo feels harder than the last couple of Elite duos.
    • Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

The Elite duo is great, just Grail started attacking us after we beat Darkfather. She even followed us around, happened during my stream. Might want to check this out. We were DPS and Healer and we did fine so no problems other than this.
  14. Millbarge Developer

She's attacking an invisible NPC that's following you - I submitted a fix for this that should be out soon™

-Millbarge
    • Like x 1
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Hold my beer…
    • Like x 1
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I know I am late but I can confirm this. I was struggling here mainly because I was trying out a new loadout using the mercy and source arts. Plus I had just switched powers for testing so had not set up a support armory. The Brimstone fight did seem to punish me for being atomic as my combos line up in que meaning canceling isnt always smooth. This led to a few deaths.

During the last boss I did see a visual glitch. Since Penryn did not report it I assume it was a visual glitch on my end and not a glitch with the actual add. When I went to pull the adds that spawned one of the adds teleported from the spawn zone to the middle of the room. Was the only time I did see it.

I should say that my laptop was lagging since I was using it all day and its not exactly a gaming PC. So the visual bug may have just been a lag issue. Thou i thought I should mention it regardless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.