Overwhelming Elitism

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Furnburn, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Flying F0X New Player

this might be the greatest bait thread in the history of the forums, there's no way this is a real person
    • Like x 1
  2. Furnburn Active Player

There will be difficulty in Tier 4 raid 8 player games if you're stuck with a group that doesn't know how to run the instance or they're all entering it with the minimum level requirement or mostly all underlevel then you have to carry them to a win or you will lose which is no fun and nobody needs that aggravation. I could exit out of the mess but stick around for because I have manners and don't like bailing on people. Soldiers don't go AWOL and they do not retreat unless ordered to, one of the reasons I like munitions is because they're soldiers. It's not all easy or effortless in the regular content, the sixth dimension duo and alert do not require Reload and apparently it's mandatory in the raid so you will not find me there. I am not concerned about 1% of the content and will not respec for it, that entails changing my play style and I will not. Like I stated, it's no real loss to anyone including myself.
    Superman's power can be ice, fire or earth depending on what build people try to clone him with. Some insist he's earth for ground pound, some fire because of heat vision and some ice because of his breath and that it's the suggested power during character creation. Supe's real power is not included in the game because it's overpowered for the same reason that Amazo's is not, as well as some of the demon lords that combine sorcery/fire/celestial. Munitions can use heat vision and it has synergy with the benefit they gain from burning as well the benefit they give other munitions players from burning and fire players from burning. No power is excluded from iconic powers and if that was the case then no characters would have iconic powers that are not included in standard powersets.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

You would think so, if it weren't for the fact all of us have probably at times seen people playing like this. They're ones we're routinely going on a 3 hour cool down for, know what I mean. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I ordinarily Troll, but last night I dealt damage in a couple of raids. Frankly I was appalled at the controller. The bolt wasn't up, for a significant part of the raid, which baffles me, you have to try and not have POT up. I rarely saw debuffs, and when I did, they weren't applicable to the action taking place, i.e health debuffs when shielding or blocking. He did get kicked after the first boss, and it was tough for me to have any sympathy.
    • Like x 4
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I told you! I was role playing as Jonah Hex and just spamming dual pistol blast, You don't get to tell me how to play!! I'm successful in 99% of my runs and that's all that #$%$%$#% matters, you hear me!
    • Like x 3
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think he's using Google translate, but going from 'Nonsense' to 'Gibberish' with a tinge or mania.

He wins championships after all....
    • Like x 2
  7. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

The last raid i ran as a healer I had double the power out over the controller so he pretty much was dead wood, lot of dead wood in this game lately, Jump to end game with no clue, thank god skill points dont matter any more or it would be worse than it is now,
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I saw this one time. I had a troll that never popped the lightning bolt, but he constantly had an empty power bar. I saw him using a few iconics (Cry, HV and HLS and he was mental), but figured I'd ask him for his loadout. He wouldn't give it to me....I'm guessing all iconics. Otherwise I'm not sure how it's possible to NOT throw POT while draining your power bar. It was pre clamp Bombshell or something, so not a major issue, but yeah....alarming.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

He's also a wizard, but I mean, I suppose there's wizards in the DC Universe, they don't usually use guns though, so munitions might not have been the best fit.
    • Like x 2
  10. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I tried it back at my league hall with sparring partner, I literally had to only use the sticks, and triangle button. It wasn't easy.
  11. Furnburn Active Player

Soldiers using munitions do not prioritize firepower in the middle of a war. General Patton coddled the injured and nursed them back to health, he was fake troll. A "hybrid" fighter/wizard can use any weapon he chooses, he uses shielding while dealing damage, debuffing with hexes, buffing with alterations and stuns with power words. This isn't D&D but I'll let the healers do the healing in an MMORPG.
  12. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. August Moon Well-Known Player

Lemme let you in on a secret. Alot of people have wanted to be a controller who dishes out damage in a raid , but theyve all given up on their dreams because its NOT VIABLE. IT DONT WORK. Youre not the first person to have this idea nor the first person to try an execute it but you are the MOST STUBBORN individual to not give up on such a idea after seeing how much DAMAGE youre causing to the entire group. If the group only needed sodas to keep their power up then why would they need you to troll? what would you bring to the table that another dps couldn't? power regen? dont need it , i have a soda , debuffs? meh , another dps would alreayd make up for that . shields? a healer can do that more consistently, pick ups? nope , dps can pick each other up .....and thers an artifact thatll allow me to pick myself up . Why oh why would i ever need you taking up the slot ?

What it sounds like is youve been plaguing your new idea through random pug runs of normal raids and finally either had the confidence or let someone else gas your head up into running elite content, you finally got smacked in the face by reality and out right refuse to believe that your ingenious idea is again...NOT VIABLE. Elite raids is not where you go to test this stuff out , thats what normal raids are for, and you can get away with it because things die in a matter of seconds vs minutes or a half hour in elite. Please understand you weren't carrying anything in that tsde run , you weren't even a team player. You were a chihuahua in a gucci hand bag getting carried passed first boss and almost 2nd boss until you became too heavy for the tank and heals to mange
    • Like x 4
  14. Furnburn Active Player

I've tried to use Reload and it feels like I picked up a Nerf chaingun instead of a real one in that slot. The "it's not viable in elite content" argument should be more specific, it's not what people want in sixth dimension 8 player raids and you will not find me there with a Nerf gun. I just finished Queen's Row in elite trouncing Amazo, waves of inmates and Heatwave so I'm definitely not winning every time. If it's not viable for anyone else it is for me. Correct me when I lose an instance in 99% of the content on normal and elite difficulty because 1% requires a mandatory Nerf. I'm deeply concerned about 1% of the content nobody will ever find me in.

RELOAD!
    [IMG]
  15. Trilight New Player

I am still VERY new to the game and have chosen trollin' as my profession. The game's been a blast and people have been mostly very friendly.

No group has yet to try and kick me which is very nice, and I do feel like I make a significant contribution to the team despite what the scoreboard says at the end. I also try and be rather chatty when needed, people are very willing to give instructions for how to do a raid, where I should stand for certain parts etc.

From what I have seen, people that communicate get treated well even if they totally mess up or are hot garbage at the game. Maybe I am just lucky!
    • Like x 1
  16. Furnburn Active Player

Players start telling you what to do with your character once you've unlocked Reload or some other self-Nerf for controllers taking up a slot you were using for something such as an extra shield or extra debuff. It's all nobody getting all up in your business telling you what to do with your time and your money until later on. Expect to get ordered around often and to be told that refusing to be bossed around is you ordering them around. Expect to be told you're trying to intimidate others to get your way by people trying to intimidate you to get their way. And you will get called all sorts of nasty things in chat, but you're the one that's doesn't play well with others. Have thick skin.
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've been dps in a raid and seen only the healing debuff appear. -.-
    O.... M.... G.... this user. is not a controller role character. Doing badly for a controller or a dps. Pick a side? Focus on that?
    Are they mindlessly hitting buttons or selected their loadout intentionally?? I can not know. I'll inspect at the next cutscene. O.O OMG! NOOOoooo! If they wipe once, I'm out.

I imagine most of the pugs queque as support for faster pops, and have no idea what they are doing. they're pugs. that idea is strengthened by the frequency of ones that show up in a raid in DPS role with support role showing in raid list of names (revealing they quequed as support role), and they never use an armory to switch to support role.
  18. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Tell that to a dps lacking 10% stat buff ;)
  19. Furnburn Active Player

I stack defense debuff with damage output debuff, but Reload gets in the way of having both in my play style. Because somehow giving the group more power is better than turning the boss into an inferior version of his or herself that gets overwhelmed by the group whose might and precision I'm buffing with artifacts. I also can't have an extra shield to pop when one goes down because Reload would take up that slot unless I only have one debuff and I definitely enjoy leaving myself exposed to attacks to reload my Nerf gun, I thoroughly enjoy taking needless damage and doing a Pokemon faint with a Nerf gun. A Nerf gun I can't use to rally others with while shielded.
  20. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Did you inspect the arts? I literally saw this the other week when I was playing on my dps. Troll had only used healing debuff and then the arts were amulet and solar amp. Needless to say we kicked him then he blasted my group in lfg while we completed the raid.