Most Older Open World Areas...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liko, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Liko Well-Known Player

Are dead. I tried to LFG for War Torn Area 51 bounties today and was met with crickets...even worse when I checked the phase, I'm the only player in there. It was so quiet...

Is there any plans in the works or able to be debated on how older open world areas can be completed when you can't get groups to do the bounties? I'm not for or against stat clamps, but the one negative effect is that it's made it a pain to solo older 8 man stuff.

Two solutions I can think of are to allow for AI companions to help during those fights or to allow the bosses' health to be affected by how many players are in the phase.
  2. SlipperyRichard Active Player

Wouldn't that be nice. Maybe setup some AI's to fill the ranks for Duo's through raids.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually for WTV bounty, they need to just change the mission to killing one of the bosses. That way, if you do want to solo you aren't having to do it 4 (at a minimum) times. That would take a lot of the edge off and even if you DO need to wait till a few others are there, you don't need them to stick around for that boss you missed....but they got before you arrived.

This would also put this area in most people's weekly bounty rotation. Right now it's skipped because going to that area for 15+ min to get all 4 done is not time effective for 8 marks. More people visiting the area means more chances to fall in with a few randoms to finish it. The rest of the 8 mark weekly bounties are fairly active each week as people go for the source marks or bounty counts.
    • Like x 3
  4. Shalayah Committed Player

I advocated heavily for the clamp (In instances content) l, but I was against the clamp in open world for this very reason. It makes sense to clamp instanced content because nobody wants to have someone one shot everything or ruin the fun of lower level players. However in open world? That’s not usually a problem. Nobody is complaining about a world boss being burned down by one guy simply because he’s probably the only person on the game doing it anyways.

Anyways I wouldn’t be against NPC allies as long as they are useful.
    • Like x 3
  5. nawanda Loyal Player

You can’t state that most of them are dead based on one attempt to get bounties done in one open world area. I know there are groups who do open world bounties week after week, going from area to area. Someone regularly in those groups would describe them as active.

Sometimes it’s not possible to get a group for something when you want it, but this can apply to anything, even the most recent raid or alert. I’m inclined to believe that old open worlds are as active as they are ever going to get, as a result of the changes to loot that took place last summer.
  6. Liko Well-Known Player

I was using it as an example. Most are barren waste lands. You can walk into about anything older than a year and a half and they are empty. Yes there may be groups that do it, but playing the you have to be there at the right time game is a pain and not everyone has all day to sit on a console/pc and hope they see something come through LFG.

The big issue is the fact that there are a lot of skill points locked behind content that is near impossible to do anymore. I am hoping there are discussions or ideas being floated for addressing this. Instead of having to play the hope you are on at the right time and place to maybe catch a group.
    • Like x 2
  7. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

This is a stats revamp problem... nobody got time for an 8 hour shift in old open world content it's enough pvp is an 8 hour shift and lpve without experience players. pve was an 8 hour shift before artifacts now it's more of a part-time job full-time without the experience players though. This is why everyone just does end game
  8. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Not everyone ;)
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

I repeat: this game will drastically improve in population when we are allowed to complete groups with AI to help us.
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

I see what you’re saying, but you’re asking for Goldilocks conditions. Minimal time looking for a group, minimal effort, high availability. The answer to these issues has always been to make more effort yourself. That said, I wish you luck in getting a positive outcome.
  11. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Ya want to add GW1 hero gameplay friendly NPCs to DCUO?
    They did with Allies & Henchmen, except the henchmen and allies are out for a a limited time and have cooldown availability.

If you block, and let the henchmen do some damage, maybe they'll take the aggro of the bounty. That allows time to pass for your soder heal cooldown to become available again. It's a slow fight with stat clampedness. Kite the bounty.

You didn't hear it from me.... /wary. Central City bounties in gotham and metropolis are easy to solo. (for a 400+ skill point character in damage role). They KO in 3 to 4 attacks. If ya need to earn marks. Flash and Black Lightening in CC are slightly more absorbant of damage to them. They take 20 to 30 attacks.
  12. BumblingB I got better.

It's not dead because it's old, it's dead because there is no reason to go back for farming. You have to kill all 4 bosses, which means you need to wait for them to run. While all bosses from E3 and later give 8 marks per one boss kill.

It would most assuredly be active on the farm list if they changed it to only needing to kill one boss each week.
    • Like x 1
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

When I was interested in earning marks for stuff, I'd play during primetime, usually on a weekend, use LFG to form a group of those wanting to do weekly bounties, and go to each open world instance to KO the weekly bounties that reward 8 marks.
    now I have too many marks and nothing to buy of value any more.

it's what happens with vertical game progression design.
  14. Evanhhs Well-Known Player

If my memory serves me correctly, I remember devs mentioned to have pet skins to drop in lower content, or you have to farm catalyst or what so ever to level the pet to higher tier in related content (like for starro it can be dropped in deluge), to repopulate the lower level worlds, which would be nice. Not sure if I remember correctly if or that's still a thing.
  15. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

Non sense. These maps are very useful to my friends and I when we collect source mark's and kill open world bosses. People do go there, they just dont stay and chill there. Theres just feats, 16 sm to get which takes like 10 mins at most. It's not as dead as you think, you just need to form groups and have a plan set out to kill every bounty for sm. People move on and go to other maps. But to expect places like War Torn and New Genesis to be populated is a non issue and isnt really a disappointment because these maps are old af. Make them useful again? With more feats maybe ? They fine how they are imo
  16. SlipperyRichard Active Player

Solo mode - needed.
  17. Vashh New Player

The solution could be either: Set some AI to help players on older content OR remove stat clamp from open world instances.

I've been an advocate in favor of stat clamp since HOL update, BUT the open world stuff needs to be review, specially because doing older content is hard due to the low amount of players in those instances.

I've been trying to grind older feats for my main character but it just takes FOREVER to even find someone in an older OW instance, most of them are sitting @ 1 phase, with single digit players. That's not good for Feat hunters or even for players that are currently leveling up.
  18. KidKretz Committed Player

as someone who has returned to the game and fighting in the old open worlds, i can say i am alone many times. thanks to being an earth, i can switch to tank and can solo some of the bountys, including the paradox demon in area 51, however, i have not even attempted war torn village because the idea of doing all 4 is crazy.

if i recall correctly, devs have stated they will look at each situation of stat clamp case by case to see if changes need to be made, and i am in full agreeance that this bounty mission should be changed to just requiring 1 kill, the way legion of doom is now,as opposed to needing all 4.

i do remember in CC, once you kill zoom or abra, it was still random who came next. you could get like 3 abra's spawning in a row, since coming back, unless i have had super lucky RNG, they do seem to rotate. if that was deliberately changed, that was a great change and i have no idea if these 4 bounties are still random or not, or if they too have been changed to spawn in an order.

also i can add, while able to solo bounty's, and it does take a long time alone, its amazing how much faster 2 ppl are at doing it. one would think, okay 2 ppl, twice as less time, but for some reason it never seems to be that case, its WAY FASTER with 2.

anyway, that is just my 2cents. hope it helps the conversation and possible feedback for the devs too.
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Better off watching lfg on thurs/friday if u cant solo, theres always groups. At least on vil side