Fixed This is getting beyond annoying! Fix your PC Client devs!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Proxystar #Perception

This has been happening since you introduced the new House of Legends, it is not my end, it is your client! It is bugged and it is crashing over and over and over again!

Fix it! It's starting to get annoying and denying the problem exists, or that it's somehow my end is not going to make this go away.

Every single person on PC I know is suffering from the game crashing every hour or so, so before anyone comes in thinking they're a PC pro and haven't crashed in years and that this is isolated, just don't. Just stop, turn around and walk away.

Warping places crashes, textures stop loading, when textures go black you know a crash is imminent, people are crashing while running around, people are crashing in loading screens

I don't care that the game is free to play, I simply do not care, fix your game.

Thank you and have a lovely day.
    • Like x 10
  2. SocratesGS Well-Known Player

OMG yes please fix the crashing!

I see this in the logs all the time, but there is plenty of free space on my main drive and the drive the game is installed on.

"Error: Error, appErrorf, "Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk."

Log: Log file closed, 03/24/22 18:38:01"

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah and just clicked on the dispenser in my base, take a guess what happened...
    • Like x 2
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

That sucks bud My God that's awful yeah I hope something can be done and hear I thought us consoles players had it bad. I do know a few friends on PC also crash allot just by looking at what you described happens to you also happens to them it's a shame.
    • Like x 1
  5. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Frequent crashes are not exclusive to PC, I crashed 5 times (including a hard crash) yesterday in about 7 hours on my PS5, but I agree, it needs to be fixed now.
    • Like x 3
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Hey, if it's console as well, then all the worse, thanks for posting.
    • Like x 4
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

In all seriousness - could it potentially be connected to which server you're playing on? I am definitely no pro whatsoever when it comes to this stuff, and I'm not saying this just to be p**s you off but I genuinely have not crashed in literal years. Maybe it's because I play on EUPC? Is it possible there's a memory leak somewhere, and if you're playing on a more populated server it ends up shoving more and more things into your computer's memory until eventually the game just crashes?

I could be wrong, I don't know. Just trying to put forward some possibilities.
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Unlikely, given this.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...c-crashing-once-per-hour-since-months.321925/

If you're not crashing then I'd consider yourself somehow blessed, because that is not the common experience it would seem, how you've managed to not crash in years defies belief Jafin. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Ah fair enough, hadn't seen that thread. Technically I did have a crash last week, but that was before I even got to the character select screen so I didn't really count it as it was more of a disconnect. I don't even remember the last time it crashed while I was actually playing the game.

Anywho, I hope it gets resolved soon for all those that experience it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think he's just at the end of his rope and I've been frustrated like that. I don't want to irritate him, either, but I'm on USPC, and have been since the start, and don't get frequent crashes on ANY of the machines I've run DCUO on, outside of those related to server stability and a few scattered client problems that affected everyone.

Part of the problem with tracking down sporadic issues, especially on PC, is all of our myriad configurations. Could be a graphics driver issue, could be some sort of IRQ conflict on a sound driver, I've seen ALL sorts of weird conflicts that cause games to go sideways.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I appreciate what you're saying and I know there can be a myriad of individual unique system issues, especially with PC's that might cause individual unique crashes, but when this is happening to everyone I know, so much so to the extent where the constant crashes have become the butt of a running joke, that's no longer unique to a system, that's the game itself.

This game is notorious for it and no other game I play suffers from it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, not trying to poke the bear (or cat) but I generally have 7 PC clients running for a few hours each night simultaneously and am not sure I've ever crashed other than an issue I know I have on my end (like if I'm also running youtube/twitch and just plain overload....or if Comcast drops).

The difference (it sounds) between the Console (PS) crashes and issues Proxy (and others) have reported, it sounds like their crashes are more random. The PS crashes are almost always tied to some transition between areas. Teleporters, entering an instances, walking through a door, fleeing....anything that turns the screen black to load in a new area, or even the same area, but a different section...can cause the crash. It's one of the reason I hate going after Meta or Nth/Synn...as they have a teleport mechanic and if I'm there long enough (like soloing them) it's a crash for sure.

BTW...this issue on PS has existed since maybe AF1 (I remember it happening when I went to the Them command center, then GUS via teleporters). Sounds like the PC issues kicked off 6 or so months ago.
    • Like x 1
  14. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I'm not sure what the OP means by crashing , but when I posted and I said I had crashed 5 times, I meant 5 disconnects, which included a disconnect which I called a hard crash, meaning I had to restart my system. May I ask how many times you have been disconnected recently?
  15. Proxystar #Perception

I really don't mind if people come in with helpful stuff to say when it comes to system crashes and stuff, it's the ones that just go "nah bruv your graphics card sucks", you know the type :D lol.

I'm not actually at the end of my rope, it's just getting annoying and I'm hoping the exhibition of frustration leads to the devs perhaps taking it a bit more seriously, because it's getting pretty bad.

Out of curiosity, for those of you not crashing, what types of systems are you running? What sort of graphics cards do you have? What version of windows are you running, do you play through steam or direct?
    • Like x 1
  16. Proxystar #Perception

The crashes I'm referring too are hard crashes, game just closes, dead, straight to desktop, there's probably error logs, I'll take a look at, at some point, but it's straight to desktop, no immediate windows error message.

Just gone, game decided it was time to go home, didn't want to play anymore, it had, had enough, it was clearly hungry and hadn't been fed :D
    • Like x 2
  17. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Just one time. What happened was I hit Play on the client, the game started to load up and I got all that text and the WB logo etc. but then before it got to the character select screen it changed to that screen that has an image of Brainiac's ship in the future and it just said disconnected. I just had to close down the game and then restart it and it worked fine.
  18. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Oh okay, I think we are on the same page. When I get disconnected, I get booted from the game, the game closes, and I have to restart the game from the console home screen. The hard crashes I refer to shuts off my system entirely and I have to restart my PS5 and have it go through maintenance before I can play again. I have had 6 hard crashes I believe in the 8 months I've had my PS5, all while playing DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  19. Jafin 10000 Post Club

If it was happening to me quite frequently I'd definitely be incredibly annoyed, so I can see where your frustration is coming from.

I'm playing on a Legion 5 Pro gaming laptop with a Ryzen 5800h, RTX 3070 Mobile GPU and 16GB RAM. My previous system up to the middle of last year was a Dell something or other I got in 2016. The CPU was an i7 6700HQ, GTX 960M, and 12GB RAM. I'm on Windows 10, and was on the previous system, and play it directly from the client, no Steam involved.
    • Like x 1
  20. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Ok, then I will agree with the OP and say that you have been blessed by the DCUO gods.

[IMG]