Stat Piercing and Unlimited Pickups Have Ruined EEG Elite Content

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DocElysian, Mar 23, 2022.

1. DocElysian Active Player

Before this update, we were able to go in any elite raid with end game gear and have it feel like we were running at that raids end game level. That system was good and fun as it was. The stat pierce as is completely invalidates everyone who puts in the work to grind that gear, artis, and SP. Why waste the time getting elite gear if I’m going to just take it off for most of the content I’ll be running?
    • Like x 1
  2. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I do not have signatures turned on.
    • Like x 3
  3. DocElysian Active Player

Lol
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

I think you offer one example of a dramatic change and one example of no real change. Elite Victory was easy to obtain for at least 2 years prior to the stat clamp. You either hadn’t attempted it for several years, in which case your opinion isn’t very relevant, or you guys suck.
  5. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Then just re-buy the elite gear from that episode and play it the way it was "meant" to be played as you seem to want. Don't worry, that gear set won't be expensive anymore. And if you're short on source marks to purchase the set, you can always grind FoS3.
    • Like x 1
  6. DocElysian Active Player

Seeing as the switch server has been around for only what 3 years (?) grinding out the collection wasn’t easy, so gg on that take.
  7. Morrigam Level 30

How does asking for the challenge (and when I say challenge I mean it, OP has a video showcasing the lag if you would like to get an idea on how it is for us just in regular content) equals being bad?
  8. DocElysian Active Player

I’m sorry, that’s a waste of source marks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

OK no worries. Continue enjoying elite EEG content as it is!
    • Like x 2
  10. nawanda Loyal Player

Please can you rephrase your question? I didn’t comment about or in reply to anything to do with lag, so I am a little confused.
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

For you it’s ruined, for other people it’s now accessible. I might be able to find the motivation to play the game again, outside of lazily drifting through open world solos and then immediately logging out.
    • Like x 5
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

So you’re saying you hadn’t attempted it because nobody had the back piece to summon the extra boss, right? So how can you reliably comment on the impact of the stat clamp on the difficulty level of the fight? It was easy before and it’s easy now. And I’m not being all elitist. It was legitimately easy.
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I’ve tried convincing seven others to do it a few times. At best half agreed but even then how many pieces taken off wasn’t standardized amongst those who did. In other words it was a fail.
  14. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

Pretty much this and a lot of players don't even come on here who like the change.
    • Like x 3
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s how it feels for a lot of us just trying to get a successful group most of the time.
    • Like x 2
  16. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What is everyone's art level and sp? Are you able to run that same elite content with "fresh" characters and not feel it any more difficult? If you feel a difference, that would mean stat piercing not invalidating our growth and work.

About wasted time with elite gear. We do not need elite gear to run anything, yet all waste time getting it in order to max stats, get a style feat or show that you have it. The point of removing a piece of gear is to lower stats, by more than regular gear gives too. The possibility of an artificially increased challenge is there.
    • Like x 3
  17. DocElysian Active Player

All of us have played the game on other servers lol. Yes it was an easy feat pre clamp because everyone was so op to burn through everything, with the clamp it was more of a challenge (regardless of having the back piece), but now the feat is a total joke based on stat pierce and pickups.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Wait a sec. Stat piercing should mean that those stats, gear, artis all now COUNT in EEG Elites. How does it invalidate you having it to allow it to fully 'pierce' through which was not happening before.

I get the 'why would I take my gear off' aspect (I think that was partially a joke)...but if wearing the gear, it's fully taken advantage of now.

You sure you aren't referring to the stat clamp? That had the 'it invalidates my progress/gear/sp/artis' aspect to be sure.
    • Like x 2
  19. Canadian Justice Committed Player

It's no secret that I've been rather long winded in my desire to see changes to the EEG elite content since The Clamp was introduced. Slowly, change has happened. And I'm grateful for that change.

My league has always needed extra time to get through most elite feats or even complete an elite raid at all. Often times, we needed to wait for a DLC to fall well outside of relevancy to do so. But given enough time, we could work towards getting through it. The initial iterations of EEG elite shattered that progression path. And the lack of that progression path severely impacted how often and how seriously we played.

This latest version is a very positive change for us. Every mechanic that is meant to be deadly still is. The added damage around those mechanics is much more manageable and the damage needed to kill things is more in line with what our typical DPS lineup is capable of. With the removal of the death limit, a group that is skilled at pickups (and that is a skill) will see a greater ability to get through things. For the first time since EEG became a thing, our Monday and Tuesday raid nights have included elite content. And we've had varying levels of success. Once again, we have a progression path that we can work towards.

Nothing is being trivialized, every mechanic is still something that must be followed. The time between those mechanics is just a bit more forgiving and welcoming to groups that are maybe not quite cutting edge. Elite staying at a level that is similar to how it was when it was new was never sustainable. Either changes were going to happen or people would stop caring and in turn slowly stop playing.

I sincerely hope we never see a return or reversion to how the initial iterations of EEG were. We finally have a sense of progression restored to DCUO. And that's how it should be.
    • Like x 9
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Wait, so you didn’t have the motivation to run old reg raids but you want to run old elite raids now that they’re as easy as reg raids??? I’m just trying to understand the logic here.

While I understand your main point and am happy for you and your league’s rediscovered ability to enjoy this content, this particular statement isn’t really true. Everybody can ignore the mechanics six, seven, eight or more times and just get picked up six, seven, eight or more times.
    • Like x 1