21 Day Batman Style Has Come, How Was Your Experience?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by KidKretz, Mar 22, 2022.

1. KidKretz Committed Player

Would love to read and discuss ppls experience with this style which did create some controversy.

1. How was your experience with it?
    2. Have you noticed players sporting them in your raids, open worlds and hubs?
    3. Any other styles you would like to see that are unique to DC Characters?
    4. Anything else you wish to share or discuss about the 21 day login membership style?

For me

1. My experience so far was from afar. I have been in gaming long enough to know that once i saw that post, i knew this would create the classic 2 aisles, ones who were glad and ones who were going to be angry.

2. I have been on a crazy work schedule right now, so the last 2 days i mostly just logged in, havent run much content, so i have not seen anyone wearing it yet. but the other day, i got to run an alert with a really cool looking hit girl and a duo with a batman beyond. fun times!

3. I have one character that i play that i like to copy mainstream, right now its sporting a spiderman look. however, since the kilt was released, and i have been getting my little ones into 80's & 90's wrestling, my youngest asked me to make a Roddy Piper, so my main is sporting that look atm :) atm i dont think there is anything i need atm to make my characters look the feel, my oldest is wanting me to turn my spiderman into flash, so i think i have everything i need to make that happen.

4. I actually dont have the membership right now, but this announcement has made me log in for the required days, something i never done before. once i come off this crazy work schedule in a couple days, i shall see what i want to do with it. i know i would totally be giving it to my alt that creates iconic looks if i do decide to pick it up.

anyway, cheers all! hope everyone is having fun, and if your experience is negative, i am sorry. i hope that next month knocks it outta the park for you!
  2. Shadow Force Committed Player

The moment it came they announced it and after patch, i unlocked it with replays since i was around that time.Figured it transfers between servers ;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes....those XxXBATlVlANXxX characters look way more impressive now.

Personally I took a pass on this one. Maybe next month. Or if it shows up in the Fate vendor in 3-6 months, maybe I'll get it then for 2 destiny tokens.
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dunno if this is some kind of weird attempt at re-litigating the whole kerfuffle over the mask or not. Regardless, as much as it sounds like a parent type of thing to say, I wasn't mad so much as disappointed about the choice. I thought it was a bad idea and could be seen as diminishing the goodwill behind the original gift, which isn't exactly an ideal thing to do with any game's player base.

As for the experience? Logged onto the character I had planned on giving it to, claimed it, moved on. The metallic sheen didn't exactly work well with my initial outfit attempts and chromas didn't seem to do the trick initially, but I have time to play around with it.
    • Like x 3
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

1. You can see how my experience was right here ;) ;

2. You can see people already using the Mask in the video.;)

3. Superman Slimline with a BIG S emblem. ;)

4. The 21 Day styles were nice.... but the reused styles we get from the Daily rewards were.... disappointing.
    If at least it was styles that are difficult to get like the Enhanced Herald of the Black as opposed to Huntress or Red Robin???
    • Like x 2
  6. Brit Loyal Player

My experience was:

"Here is a style piece. It's supposed to be the grand finale big deal of your monthly subscription and login. It says 'Already Collected' on it. You now have a piece of inventory clutter that you need to click and drag over to the garbage can and throw away, because you, the faithful longterm customer, deserve nothing!"
    • Like x 9
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Collected it, appreciated it, didn't wear it though because cowls just aren't my thing, would rather wear my abyssal horns.

Definitely a great reward though, devs need to do more like this, exclusives be damned, I'm all for it, OG plasmic next I say :D

P.s. and that's coming from someone that has it, just couldn't care less.
    • Like x 4
  8. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Making it available to everyone? I don't care. I get no thrills knowing I have some style that someone can't have.

Waiting in the same line with everyone else to get something that isn't new to me? Lame. Make something new from scatch already, if only to prove its not an ability that needs to be "rediscovered."
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I don't think I've collected any of the monthly bonuses. I don't think any of them are bad. They just don't fit in with any of my characters looks so they're all sitting in my bank. I have been using the Fate vendor (all the new vendors really) to finish off style set to get feats for my lower tiered alts who need them and all my girls got some new fishnets so win.
    • Like x 1
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'd love, love, LOVE to get the post hack goodies.
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I think a good work around would be to develop the skull on the hack hoodie as its own emblem. could even be a new monthly reward.

The original hoodie stays exclusive, the look can be reproduced with the emblem and if you don't care for either you still have a new skull emblem that looks cooler than all of the other ones in game. all two or three.
  12. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

1. It happened, and it doesn’t look like the player base took a hit from it at all. I know several who instead subbed because of it. Should’ve happened sooner honestly which could have spared us all from all the repeatedly posted identical threads asking for it on here on a regular basis and all the arguments that ended up pointless in the end. On the bright side, now we won’t have to see any more of those threads or arguments and one of the most well known styles in game might finally be seen now and then. Still won’t be as shocking as when we saw someone sport it on PS Home on PS3, tho it’s still a treat to see it return.

2. Yeah some. Which is a change as most of the players I knew who had it kinda retired it when the better cowls came out. So it’s kinda neat seeing it get appreciated. Also with more recent players having it I’m seeing the style getting paired with more materials and chromas which is neat.

3. More iconic weapons would be nice. Batarangs for Martial Arts or more Martial Arts love in general is always welcomed. Some Green Lantern weapon styles since it’s been years now since we got the Lantern themed weapon packs and I’m sure most Lantern players would love more weapon choices or color options by now. Also a Batman Beyond emblem, I’d rock it, obviously lol.

4. Could we see a Membership Style Claim Option with say 3 choices or a handful? Cause I get that some people paid a sub and didn’t get a unique style which can suck for them. We also pay a sub and got Robin gear styles we already had too, or before this current way of doing things we paid a sub and didn’t get any 21 day log in reward, instead we got vault styles daily that we would trash because they were the same styles we already collected several years ago. Or how we paid a membership sub and could open Lockboxes to get the same styles we had already collected long ago. So I’m used to most styles being repeats as a member, it’s felt like that for a long time. Maybe we could change that up to give players something to look forward to? More options are always nice, and this way nobody ever feels shorted on their membership fee. Maybe we could also do something about all those Fate Tokens we are stockpiling with nothing to spend them on as most of us already have all the styles from the Fate Vendor. Being able to convert them into Destiny Tokens would be nice as at least some Seals, Quarks, or Nth Metal could be useful. Overall really enjoying the game and feel the new way they’ve been doing things has been a step in the right direction. Hopefully we’ll see some neat ideas or additions to membership in the future.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Given the cost to style share the item it's not really "nothing" ;) but I appreciate it's not new.
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

I claimed my daily rewards for the day, equipped it for about 5 seconds, spared a thought for the mortally offended saddos who have quit the game over my access to it, put my retro biohunter helmet back on, and carried on with my day.
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It was awesome, a long time coming for this style to be rereleased. Every armory I have is rocking it!
    I guess you don't play alt characters, because I know you weren't able to style unlock it or get it on characters after the hack, even if on the same account. Otherwise consider not subbing if it really bothers you that much.
  16. KidKretz Committed Player

I am def curious to see if it does show up in there. i am sure new players that start from here to then will appreciate it :)
  17. KidKretz Committed Player

I thought about this for a couple days on how to make a thread talking about it after it releases without gas lighting the subject, this is what i came up with. by the replies i got i can say it was a success :)

I havent messed with the chromas/materials much on my characters. the first one i got was the forge metal chroma 1, rocked it for a little while and then went back to the basic colors. so what is your favorite chroma?
  18. KidKretz Committed Player

I actually really enjoyed that video! thanks for posting it!
    • Like x 1
  19. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It honestly depends on the character or their concept. For example, my Electric and Light characters tend to use chromas and materials that provide a glow, but my Munitions characters will go more for some of the metallic ones or even the Arctic Camo Neon (go with black on the glowing part and it turns a dark grey, works well with the camo pattern).

More often than not I'll watch previews/livestreams for things like materials, chromas and auras and figure out from there which character is likely to get a particular item.
    • Like x 1
  20. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Your character did look pretty good in my video. ;)