New Group System

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Diablo Sama, Mar 20, 2022.

1. Diablo Sama Active Player

It would be pretty cool if we could group up with villains only when we are inside the House of Legends and queue omnibus content, because thats the purpose of house of legends, to make heroes and villains fight a greater threat.
    • Like x 3
  2. N-IX Well-Known Player

yes I would like to see that, it is clear that the faction system does not really matter anymore
    • Like x 3
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Aside from just grouping in omnibus, I wouldn't mind the ability to group other faction for open world (bounties), or at least revive them.
    I was spamming a bounty the other day with 1 lonely villain, who obviously needed the feat. He kept going down and running back until the boss was nearly dead, then he would stay down just to get credit. Would've been nice if I could've grouped him and helped heal/revive him. I felt kinda bad for him.
    • Like x 3
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  5. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I think the faction system might eventually be phased out. I mean like, what purpose does it provide at this point in time? Villains and heroes get the same missions now, so why not tear down this wall of separation?
    • Like x 2
  6. Wallachia Devoted Player

Factions only mattered for pre-level 30 missions. Other than that villains are just edgy heroes now.
    • Like x 3
  7. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Might as well mix us all together. Even as a hero, sometimes you just need to go out, pick up a bus, and smash the daylights out of it.
    • Like x 2
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yeah I would feel bad to I've seen that on my heroes and when I'm on my villain toons and when a hero dies right at my feet I'm like this is sooooo silly. I want to revive them but obviously can't but yeah in HOL or in bounty areas we should be able to revive each other and group up.
    • Like x 2
  9. sebfm Well-Known Player

I totally agree with this. It'll help our Villain "friends" and would make sense with the new HoL :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I love that yall are all saying what is being said here in this thread,
    which supports the post I have been making for weeks!

Just Merge us already Dev's we know yall are doing it
    that's what all the build up has been about all the merging of feats and styles and house of legends
    Make us all antiheroes and fix the game population issue
    please quit putting it off and get on with it PLZ

Edit: I do love being a villain and it will be missed but the game needs this
    • Like x 1
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

They dont have the resources for 2 separation faction content, seemed to work as a launch concept, but not so much as something that was sustainable to do.
    • Like x 2
  12. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Exactly, so that’s why I believe the factions will be merged eventually, maybe even sooner rather than later. It seems like over 70% of the game is already geared for Villains to play the heroes quests anyways, and this is the trend going forward from what I see with current DLC development.

It would certainly make it easier to form groups with heroes / villains especially since I’m in both factions.
    • Like x 2
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Factions would matter more if they tried to make dcuo a pvp game and not full blown pve. that's why we have this problem and many others at the moment we have a game that gets boring 3 weeks after new content drops because they choose to go full pve on us every ep
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

PvE brings in money, PvP did not.

As for the original topic, this was already discussed last year after the changes in the summer. They have already started laying the groundwork for this Faction merger, but it has to be done in phases...unless you want to stop playing new content for the better part of the year.
    • Like x 2
  15. Wallachia Devoted Player

Right? It would be cool to walk on the edge of morality as well. As a Rage Tank I like to sometimes smash things around.
    • Like x 1
  16. Siramez Well-Known Player

didnt charon talked about the idea of allowing heroes and villains to queue together?
    • Like x 2