By how much will the Dcuo dev team get larger?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Mar 19, 2022.

1. zNot Loyal Player

So daybreak games is hiring 10 spots for austin Texas, we also recently got 2 new devs join as charon said that will help and are currently learning to design raids etc in the future. are the below listed job offers accurate or is it outdated? I checked it few weeks ago and it said the same. To me this sounds like a big upgrade.

It says they are all for austin,texas.
    artist,character
    artist
    senior animator
    VFX artist
    Programmer
    Programmer
    Senior : what does this job do?
    Designer
    Senior designer
    Manager,people : what does this job do?

And how much of a influence do you think it would have on our gaming experience for dcuo?
    https://www.daybreakgames.com/careers?department=game_design
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Oh we about to work them developers to the bone xD
    • Like x 2
  3. nawanda Loyal Player

These could all/mostly be for the unannounced new project.

It’s a bit of a weird thing to speculate on. I am sure devs come and go all the time, there’s only a small handful of them who ever post on the forums or appear on livestreams. We really have no idea what goes on at DI HQ. Take the thread that popped up when Oceans left. There were forum posters remarking about her reasons for leaving. Not only was that sad and pitiful, it was an example of only having a very small insight into something and using that as a basis for expressing an opinion. Just a waste of time.

I would be interested to know why we no longer have a Creative Director, though, as the story telling seems to have declined since NerdOfPrey left. From what I could tell, she was fantastic at what she did. Maybe it was a cost cutting measure, or maybe she was effectively irreplaceable. Who knows.
    • Like x 3
  4. zNot Loyal Player

Yep you are right after reading the title it says that for some of them.

I agree there and really do we need have a person replacing her spot? Im surprised about that..
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

Most are for DCUO.

They are up to date.

Character Artist, Environment Artist, FX Artist, General Programmer, Tools Programmer, Systems Designer, Human Resources (that's the weird "People and Culture" one). These are for DCUO (well, the last one is for the entire studio but yeah). We also have a couple more Content/Hybrid designers that we're borrowing for an undetermined amount of time that just started ramping up last week. They will help finish off EP43 and help with 44.

If stars align, this will allow us to have a more fleshed out EP 44, revisit Survival Mode later in the year, create the new Seasonal later in the year, more Save the Universes, etc. in addition to the other episodes and seasonals that we create or upkeep.
    • Like x 25
  6. zNot Loyal Player

with 6-7 more devs working alongside you it would be a big improvment for the game,i hope those spots will be filled soon! Thank you for your hard work and for taking the time to explain it to us.
    • Like x 4
  7. the solowing Steadfast Player

What about more GM's? Could ya get RuggedMonk and EvilTallow back if they were still available?
    • Like x 1
  8. beardrive Committed Player

Yes yes yes! I can't wait to see what it is. Thank you!

9. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I hope those spots get filled more folks helping helps overall.
  10. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Are these new spots, or just vacancies needing to be filled? Major red flag for a potential applicant if these are vacancies. Why the mass exodus; why can't you keep people?

People don't quit jobs, they quit bosses. What the hell is going on over there, anyways?
  11. the solowing Steadfast Player

Escaped from the content creation dungeon have we? How many times must i teach you a lesson old man...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The US pretty much has full employment atm and there are few specialized gaming developers to cover the market. There are plenty of high paying jobs and companies, which means job changing is high everywhere, not a DCUO issue.

And it's not even news, the core dev team atm (at least the ones that post on forums) are much different from the ones of 5-6 years ago.
    • Like x 1
  13. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Hmmm, I wonder what that says about the ones who stick around then.
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've watched every episode of MYTHIC QUEST, so now I know all there is to know about how it is behind the scenes with y'all.

(Great documentary!)

Just saying. Carry on.
  15. zNot Loyal Player

I found it very interesting that they are borrowing few devs for a undetermined time to help with episodes,that shows me that the ones responsible for hiring etc actually invested into this due to the feedback given by the community?

I assume borrowing those devs costs more then a fulltime dev especially a hybrid designer? I did some research and hybrid designers are referred to as „unicorns“ since they are so rare.
  16. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

We need more Raids and ALERTS per content release content becomes too stale after 2 weeks.. This is long overdue..
  17. Darkness13 New Player

More dev invasions would be ideal
  18. Wallachia Devoted Player

A senior will shake his cane and tell other devs to get out of his property.

Bye, I'm gonna get banned now.
    • Like x 3
  19. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

It says nothing. A lot of people are confortable with working on a studio close to their home or think the experience/passion for the product is better than a higher salary on another company or they just don't care enough for that. It's pretty ridiculous to assume one might be less talented because he prefers a smaller team over working with 200-300 people on a single product
    • Like x 1
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

RuggedMonk takes me back. He was the GM that gave me a rename before selling them was a think lol.