Add a Feats Vendor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by tehDarkNite, Mar 19, 2022.

1. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

We need a MORE EFFICIENT WAY to get Skill Points On characters

I would like to be able to max my characters doing dailies, event content and recent episodes. Not begging on a dead LFG for hours to play old content

One Idea I have is to add a Feat Vendor for Group content to each episode!

Why cant I just grind and buy NEW feats to get skill points with source marks or episode currency???

You can buy everything else that makes you get stronger in the game for these currencies (artifacts, allies, augments)

Maybe put it behind full sets of gear or a certain CR ?

Maybe just feats from groups content and bounties?? that would help alot!!!!!!!!!

Population dips, dead content, dead LFG, is a handicap and discouragement to new and casual players trying to get stronger in a video game

Omnibus is not for feats!!!!!!!!!!!! - in those clamped raids - your lucky if people got the right role gear on or understand the raid mechanics

This is an idea I have for getting more sp - maybe there is a better way the devs could come up with
    • Like x 3
  2. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

2013... how many SPs ya got? are ya having difficulty with specific content? what is that content?

https://census.dcuobloguide.com/character/finder
    your name, is not found

i'm unable to login to my lost ark server currently and am watching the last kingdom on netflix. 0o

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  3. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

if you have alts, and want feat already earned by a main, you'd see that spending replay badges. blah, replay badges. not as bad as time capsules. /wary. yeah there were reasons i walked away for 5 year. With more recent acquisitions, reasons to change? ? ? mmmmm. will wait and see with upcoming project upgrade promise din 2014 also? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pc-graphics-update.313489/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pc-graphics-update.313489/ oh 2013.... -.- apparently a different shader value is a graphic update?
  4. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

If you move a slider of the shader as a graphic update.... ** **** ***** *****. intentionally used asteracks. Ohhhhh so many dirty words i want to use.

you've got two years to make good on update promise. If not by then, **** ***, and i will not return. @ admin/execs
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Better way? Join a helpful league. Make friends who are willing to help. Come to the forums as say “I can’t seem ti get this feat. Would like some help” then add a date that fit the people who are willing to help. You literally have a lot of options. So no. Feats should not be put in a vendor to skip having ti to them. There are already a lot of feats you can just buy.
    • Like x 4
  6. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Pretty sure I remember the devs saying there will be other ways to get feats without needing a team to do them. So I think a vendor might definitely be in the works but it won't have the newest feats like 3 eps new or you'll have all those ppl who make teams really cry about this move. I cried when I worked my butt off on 7 alts to get sp to 200 and then they let us unlock them if they were done on my main first. So there is no telling what they can do to upset people
    • Like x 3
  7. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

A great way imo is have a in-game sign up list have both factions be able to sign up to do a feat and have the day and time also be a factor and when those players log on they will get a notification that there feat mission is ready to go. Also as a added feature for those types of players who would sign up to troll people because there are some who will do it lol they will be flagged and put on notice.

This imo is much better then going on a different website to look up a feat etc also the feat menus as it stands now is a bloody mess a eyesore and utterly outdated and each episode makes it worse and worse.
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  9. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Theres a massive problem with this idea, in that it devalues the skill & time necessary to achieve some other feats, that others are very able to do, currently.

If a feat vendor launches tomorrow, the people who have done those feats are gonna be annoyed, no question. Even if it is selling trivial feats like open world/bounty stuff. Some of those open world things aren't that trivial either, if someone was able to buy the Nth-metal golem progressive for an amount of currency I would be livid. Purely because of how long that took me. Same with Starro the Conqueror.

Also FYI, theres already feat related items in vendors. This is a mechanic that exists, and works well, with episodic styles/trinkets/base items etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Strongly disagree with other ways of getting the feats. You get the feats by doing the feats as intended.

I do understand the lack of population is an issue, but if we just put feats on a vendor or buy skill points then what is the point of playing the game. It's a slippery slope. When you have those feats you bought, would you quit the game and then have other players have less people to play with? Then some of those would quit too.

If you want the feats you go and earn them. As others said join a league. Maybe look out for certain bonus weeks - eg. currently World of Flashpoint bonus is active so try to get any feats from that episode you are missing.

Feats are an incentive to continue playing the game when new content is past its sell-by date. Make those easy to get with a vendor or real-life money and you lose players.
    • Like x 1
  11. GameIsGreat. Well-Known Player

While the feat system is outdated garbage, this idea is not good.

Feats should never have progression tied to it - this game should be a lesson to any company that wants a long lasting MMO type game in the future. Feats should be for vanity items/custom titles/non combat pets/bragging rights/etc. These horrid bounty carousel feats may be some of the worst and mixed with stat clamping you have what we have now - a game with lots of potential and even more bad choices behind the scenes.

These feats were created for a high population game. As is, there aren’t enough bodies to go back and get many of these older feats. Imagine a new player looking through the feat log? Think that’s good for retention? Making players do the same thing ad nauseam doesn’t create a sense of accomplishment, it more or less makes you think ‘thank god that crap is over and I never have to do it again.’ I thought games were supposed to be fun? MMOs work best when you have a high population. This game seems to want to beat you over the head with monotonous chores, constantly flip flop on how they want you to ‘play your way’ (remember that? Me neither), wash rinse and repeat the same old jargon every dlc.

If they’ve learned anything then augments need to be the way to progress as it makes the most sense. You get stronger by killing things and earning gear. You then break down the gear and apply it to your character and thus you get stronger. It fits right in to a population of 1 million players or 10. It’s not daunting yet not easy. You have to put in time, and it can be configured where you get more dp by completing harder content. Raise the cap every new episode. If you want $ then tie feats to rare cosmetics and accessories or other vanity items that you can sell in tcs or in the marketplace, but remove feats from progression. This has been a long time overdue and would solve so many issues. They just don’t get it.

Don’t @ me. (I don’t care what you think)
    • Like x 1
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

i would agree that omni is not the way to do feats, however i will also say, nor should it be.

cant expect random que'ing to generate fellow feat hunters and they may already have the feat done and just want to finish the content asap.
    • Like x 1
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm not in favor of putting feats up for sale but if it were to pass having them become available for marks over just straight up buying them for cash or replays is the lesser of two evils. At least it would keep people grinding. Maybe going back and adjusting certain feats and the conditions to complete them could work if it were possible to do all that work without having to sacrifice resources. For example The A.R.C. feat in the Outer raid where you have to defeat it after it absorbs certain ads could be condensed down to "defeat the A.R.C." three times. Cut some of the lengthy grinding feats. I know this will cause outrage among longer term players who did it the "hard way" but we have to figure out a way to keep new players from quitting in frustration. This might be a way to get newer players into spending a little bit of time on old content knowing they won't have to for long without bumping them up too fast.
  14. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Make them sell for in-game money. ;)

You want that 50 Giant Metal Man-Bat spam feat? Pay 100 million $.
    You want that FFe critical no-death? Pay 1 billion $.
    US PC/PS server prices

Edit: You know what, never mind. Mine is a dumb idea, even if the feats only went for sale once the content was 3 episodes or so to impede people from just having max sp by cash alone.
  15. ghosts Well-Known Player

Have you tried getting gud? Arts are more important than sp nowadays, you only need full crits and 100 in might/prec to start being competitive skill points wise
  16. L T Devoted Player

Funny OP. Made me laugh.

I'll tell you what the game really could use though, is a "Suggested Feats" pop up when you enter an instance.

Also, add progressive feat status to the "Info" section of the leader board screen. "How many of each special add do I have left on this toon?"
    • Like x 8
  17. GermanM Committed Player

Your gear do a 60% of your performance, Arts add´s a 20% and you SP is the remaining 20%, that is because SP gives you the critical chance and damage bonus and the 10% plus in might or precision (That should be a 15% of the last 20% i have mentioned, the other 5% will come when you reach totally your might or precision)
    So focus in lvl up your artifacts and have a good gear and try at least to have more de 200 SP.
    And of course a good loadout...

That is my opinion.
  18. Whodini Well-Known Player

Once you get all your relevant % stat boosts, SP become less important anyway. Yeah you can throw in points in Health as a DPS...or even precision, might/power, and health as a healer if you have a ton to spare.

I feel having SP as a means of progressing your character probably isn't the best system anyway. Grinding content and collecting marks/experience should be the only way to increase a character's strength. SP should be tied to accumulating styles, base items, and other cosmetic bonuses.
  19. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'm probably in the minority here, but feat hunting being tied to progression is what makes the game unique. I love it. Sure, there are some annoying ones where you have to do something over and over again, but for the most part... you just have a new task to run out and do. It's an almost endless list of missions to do, and it's a heck of a lot more interesting than just queuing the highest level mission available allllll the time.
    • Like x 3
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Counter Feats can easily be remedied but having a bonus week similar to the LPVE event feed. Every enemy you face counts for 2x when defeated. Includes bosses, enemies like the reapers, and if the devs feel generous doing instance x amount of times like the battle for earth duo.

This makes is so you still have to earn feats but older feats can be done faster. Events tend to make people farm whatever the event is. Having a bonus week for this would populate open worlds and allow you to farm them.

If you need help with specific on duty feats than you have to learn to do it. No buying feats. You have TCs for that.