RIP Precision

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gulrick TheWanderer, Mar 12, 2022.

1. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Since everyone’s here and this thread has devolved into useless territory, lemme bounce an idea off everyone. It will both kill the need for tac swapping and let all those useless artifacts find a possible home. A new tier of artifact leveling. I’ll keep it simple and players can chime in with ideas for adjusting it to work.

You have a 200 Strat and a 200 trans. You feed one into the other. It requires seals and catalysts that go above what we already use. The artifacts combine their best base stats but do not go over what was already possible. Meaning if one was 5% might and one was 4, you’d now get 5% from this new superarti. You get the perks of both in one artifact but only to level 180. Meaning you lose both 200 bonuses. But you’ve now opened up a 3rd spot. You can then take your 200 philosophers and your 200 dks and get both perks of level 180. Combinations could be set that only some jive. Some artifacts like clarions and EoG wouldn’t want this combo. Like you could combo EoG and scrap but then you’d lose the 5% bonus of EoG at 200. Making sense. Viable? Worth a whole thread? Do this then lock out tac swapping. Keeps cash flow coming, let’s the devs implement something that will take resources but they wouldn’t have to be working on new artifacts all the time.
  2. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol “not intended” and “not designed with that in mind” literally mean the same thing in regard to exploits.

The hologram trinket was not designed with clipping weapon combos/powers in mind just like the artifacts were not designed with mid-combat switches in mind. Both exploits were not thought of when designing the items and both give added benefits which causes imbalance in the game and content creation for the game.

You stated that I wasn’t worth arguing long before I said “got emmm” so please stop with the silly excuses of why you refused to respond. You got proven wrong and didn’t have a response, just like I proved you wrong in this post again.
  3. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It is possible to design something with an unintended result that you like.

It is also possible to design something with an unintended result that you do not like.

It is equally possible to design something with an unintended result that you are neutral to.

The absence of intention does not automatically equal an unfavorable opinion.
    • Like x 3
  4. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Im glad people a balance after the bot/holo fix, I logged in today and saw that the white mods, power efficiency and reserve tank, actually makes the channel clips viable again since you aren’t running yourself dry of power every time you use one.
  5. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

I still think you’re missing my point.

My post only stated that I find it funny that users that supported bot/trinket clipping being removed and said it was because it was a mechanic the devs didn’t consider when making the items and was causing imbalance issues in the game and content for the game are now contradicting themselves by fighting against adjustments to artifact swapping even though it also is a mechanic not intended by the devs that causes imbalance issues in the game and content for the game.

I didn’t even give an opinion on the removal/adjustment of artifacts mid-combat. I just commented on how contradictory and transparent it was by certain users and their obvious lack of objectivity.
  6. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It is neither contradictory nor transparent. That’s the same as saying it’s contradictory that I have no problem driving a car but don’t like the idea of driving a boat. Just because those two actions both have driving and motor vehicles involved doesn’t mean my opinion on both needs to match. It also isn’t some indicator of a love or hatred for either nor does it indicate if either benefit me or not.
    • Like x 1
  7. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol that was a terrible analogy man.

An actual fitting analogy would be this: you say you don’t want to drive a car because fossil fuel harms the environment but you do want to drive a boat although it still uses fossil fuel to harm the environment.

That statement shows your actual intentions/reasons have nothing to do with fossil fuel, you don’t want to drive a car but you do want to drive a boat.

Users that said they supported the adjustment of bot/trinket clipping and cast bar cheese because it was an exploit that the devs did not intend and caused imbalance in the game but now say they’re against the adjustment of artifact swapping mid combat although it is also a mechanic the devs did not intend and causes imbalance in the game are transparent and have lost all objectivity.

Clearly their reasons (not being intended and causing imbalance) for supporting the removal of bot clipping and cast bar cheese are not legitimate because they are fine with this exploit they personally use even though it was also not intended and causes imbalance.
  8. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Bot/ holo clipping weren’t designed with combat in mind at all though, they had solo purposes that weren’t curated for combat, on the other hand, tac swapping is just utilizing your inventory, so by default you aren’t exploiting a design error, you’re just taking advantage of your inventory lol. and I’m saying this as a person who didn’t think the bot clips needed to be removed because they didn’t cause an “imbalance”, and also as a person who rarely tac swapped, so there’s no bias tethered to my opinion. However, I do think that there shouldn’t be anything stripped away from this game unless it’s undeniably game breaking, we need more options added to the combat of this game, not a streamline of it, or a reduction of it, that’s how this game lost players before, and it potentially will happen again if things keep getting removed
  9. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol but turrets are meant for combat, just like cast powers are meant for combat.

If you’re against an exploit because the devs didn’t intend the mechanic and because it causes imbalance in the game, you can’t magically be fine with a different exploit that the devs didn’t intend and creates imbalance in the game, that means you’re not actually against those issues as long as it’s an exploit you personally use.

Logically that makes no sense and shows an obvious bias.
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

I don't get into these back and forth, but I have seen "looking for prec dps for TSDE" a lot of times. No really because they're op, but because of the add stages in the boss fights. They can just switch out weapons.
    Like I said before, prec not op. Gad, elec, and SS is. If tgey ever fix those, the "OP crowd" will find more cheese. The devs will take 6 months to a year to fix. It's a vicious cycle that happens because the devs take their time fixing exploits that dont cost them money. Especially if they can squeeze money from it
    • Like x 2
  11. zNot Loyal Player

You are saying there shouldnt be streamline and that we need more Options thats funny Yet most dedicated endgame dps people use prec dps for years !! Lots of options huh? and this doesnt give might and most powers any room to expand and try new things out since the same 2 prec combos are so popular. Also its funny how u see something like art swap during combat as playstyle.. dcuo has fallen so much interms if imbalance that we have people openly accepting exploits and calling it a „playstyle“.
  12. C3alix Committed Player

Uh, there is no huge difference between those two statements because they literally mean the same thing.

Artifact swapping is not intended.
    Artifacts were not designed with that (swapping) in mind.

Whether they create a positive or negative outcome, not intended and not designed to do x mean the same thing.
    • Like x 2
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

That analogy doesn’t apply to what he said. There are plenty of reasons one can be in favor of one thing the devs didn’t intend and not in favor of another thing the devs didn’t intend, even if the absence of intention is part of the reason one is not in favor of the latter. Two concepts can have differing pros and cons along with overlapping pros and cons.

And BTW, he DOESN’T use it, not that it matters.

If you can’t debate someone on the merit of their position and instead have to resort to cherry picking individual elements in order to fabricate some idea of hypocrisy then your position clearly lacks substance, not that hypocrisy logically disqualifies a position anyway.
    • Like x 1
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Yes, you can. It’s called…. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nuance
    • Like x 1
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You’re arguing with someone that believes that just because you stop replying means you are wrong or have no arguments. It’s like arguing with a child who is upset that their favorite toy has to be washed. No amount of reason will get through their thick skull lol
    • Like x 2
  16. zNot Loyal Player

I assume gadgets,elec,ss will be fixxed atleast i hope so mepps said „one exploit at a time“ but yea it could take a while.. i assume the lack of devs/resssources is a factor too. i would even not get a second raid for next episodes and have them instead fixxing all these exploits.
    • Like x 1
  17. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They just need to reduce the damage of every single elec and gadgets power by 60%. That should do it. And by “it” I mean kick start your campaign to nerf mental and fire to the ground.
    • Like x 1
  18. zNot Loyal Player

That litteraly made no sense.
  19. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Lol my analogy was perfect. You’re assuming I’m talking about all players who supported the adjustment of bot clipping but not artifact swapping but in reality I’m talking about players that SAID they were for the removal of bot clipping and cast bar cheese BECAUSE it was not intended by the devs and caused imbalance. I’ve stated this from very beginning so I’m not sure what the cause of your confusion is.

Diety and many others literally said their reason for their support of the adjustment of bot clipping and cast bar cheese was because the devs did not intend it and because it creates imbalance in the game.

They can’t say they are against one exploit because it was not intended and created imbalance but say they are for a different exploit that also was not intended and causes imbalance. If they are, then those reasons they voiced are not the true reasons they were against the previous exploit which makes their true intentions very transparent and definitely makes them lose all objectivity.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Intention and balance are not the only two factors. But I’m done trying to get you to see the logical fallacy in reductio ad absurdum arguments.
    • Like x 1