Alternative to Arbiter of Destiny

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ghosts, Mar 4, 2022.

1. ghosts Well-Known Player

Because it feels weird to me, just like a console player would feel weird using a keyboard. I don't actually press the alt button, it was just a cheeky joke. But next to the "1" key there's the tilde key that opens that crappy radial menu that no one uses. Maybe unbinding the key to that function would be a good a idea, but I prefer watcher now so it's not an issue
    • Like x 1
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

So I've been trying to think outside of the box with Sorcery. My Page is not where I need it to be but the last boss of TSDR feels rough to try to deal with burst damage or the power drains. My LO: Rejuv, RW, Circle (with energized head mod), Transmutation, SW, Boon, no super. Any advice? If i drop SW, what to put in its place?
    • Like x 1
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Transmutation? I’m not sure I even know what that is. I’m hoping not baleful trans the AoE damage super haha but I can’t think of any other power with that name.

Soul wells: throw those right in the trash.
    Boon: good.
    Rejuvenate: good
    Ritualistic word: good
    Circle: good

You need invocation of renewal. It’s an 8 person HoT with a burst at the end. It’s the one shot saver if timed right. Between this and group heal spam, you should be set.
    I’d be picking watcher over shard of life here since shards range won’t help much. If your tank is strong, look down and drop Circle on yourself vs on the boss for the tank. The watcher will go over and help the tank so spam your ritualistic and make sure you have the back mod for it. Without page, it’s still your best spam power choice especially if watcher is out.

Priority
    Group heal
    Boon
    Invocation
    Watcher
    Circle

Should be set. Tho I have no idea what arts you’re running. This is the page/ phr loadout. 3rd choice can be orb of arion/ trans/ clarion and you’ll need to adjust playstyle but not loadout depending on that choice.
    • Like x 2
  4. ghosts Well-Known Player

Can confirm. At the last boss you just keep the watcher powered, keep the circle up and when there's trouble use boon or invocation as needed. And remember to tell your idio- your teammates not to use orbitals during the fight
    • Like x 2
  5. GermanM Committed Player

Listen this guy, he know´s what he is talking about :D
    • Like x 2
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Haha thanks and that’s kinda scary. I’ve just been sorcery a very long time so I’ve tried it all. There’s definitely situations where you can slot other powers in place of some of these but it is my mainstay loadout and has always worked well.

I still haven’t remembered to look and see what transmutation is, kinda sad that I don’t recall considering how long I’ve been sorcery. I’m assuming it’s the weaker version of shard of life? Aside from shard in a melee/ mod range setup, there isn’t many great hurt and heal powers for sorcery. The cone pull is good in melee range if there’s an earth tank since you’ll help heal brick. If they’re brick tanking obviously. Which is basically what watcher is doing for you so kinda redundant. It is pretty decent in SM tho. Shard, never been a huge fan since I’m mostly in elites and there isn’t much melee going on in there. It’s another good one for SM tho or one with a bunch of adds running around. But yeah, what I posted should get anyone thru anything.

Once you start getting into EoG heal/ spam build, you drop watcher 1st. Then boon of going 2. Then invocation if doing 3. And finally, drop pancake if going for 4. Always keep your group (especially if page and purple) and always keep your prio. That’s pretty much all there is to it with EoG.

If you’re using orb, minimize your use of prio greatly. It’s for those big bad moments. Basically treat it close to a super. If you know a big deal is coming with lots of damage, hit it to call out the ghost and get back to spamming your group heal. Save your invocation till it’s needed. Think fgs. Multiple waves of hits. If you use invo during the boxes, you’ll be bumming because you need it if Zues hasn’t been lunged enough. I would suggest never not using page in any situation. It is too good to not use all the time. My EoG build is a bit past the norm as I will run quislet/ scrap/ EoG but if I’m only doing 2 or 3 supers and solo healing, page takes quislets spot. Healing Random’s in a new raid, chances are page is on.

Forgot to comment on the last boss of tdse. 360s will still die in event mode in that fight. There are massive big hits and not many are going to block ot out. It is what it is. Page will help greatly. But without page, invocation and pancake at your feet vs tanks will be your next best bet. Don’t take it personally (even if some try to make it personal) because it’s just a lot of damage and 1 healer can only do so much thru it while also being tossed in the air and whatever else.
  7. Drathmor Unwavering Player

transmute is that one that looks like a mushroom cloud top its is a PI setup for DPS and quick hit or in heal role its also a heal but not a great one to use unless they have changed it
    I used to run it in PVP for the burst
    • Like x 1
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Ah yeah. Yeah that’s a big nope. Pretty sure the range is like 2ft around the caster.
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it will hit at range its really close to say the wave one that pulls adds towards you. they are dang near the same move but with different animations and ones a cone the other is a aoe blast but the hit is the same
    • Like x 1