Artifacts Swap on combat needs to be supported or limited

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yvtq8k3n The 7, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I personally don't swap artifacts mid-fight, I use what I have on, or switch armories. I don't care if other people swap, because of that's how they want to play the game, then go for it. It's not a glitch, it's not an exploit, it's not cheating. It's using the tools provided, and things they've worked hard for.

If my inventory loaded up instantly, and I had a moment on a channel power, maybe I would swap, but unlikely.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

You know… why do t we move this to the other thread of “why not equip all the artifacts at once”. There would be no swapping at all.
    • Like x 1
  3. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

I see there is a lack of understanding how things work:) I will try to give some enlightenment.

Macros are supported nativily on Microsoft, and according to them is define as:
    Artifact swaping in the middle of the combat, is literally a repetitive task:
    Open Inventory->Delay 1 second->Select Arti on Inventory Slot 1 ->Close Inventory (Repeat)

Speed Hacking in DCUO:
    Feats according to DCUO:
    Feats are literally the combination of effort. I dont see any correlation between feats and Speed Hacking. But, by all means. Please enlightenment.

I will reiterate what i said in the OP. Artifact Swapping in the middle of the combat is a no no. Has it's, is extremly cluncky and is clearly not intended. I gave 2 sugestions. Either straight prohibited, which I disencourage it, or build upon it by making a proper system or interface that makes it less cluncky giving a unique flavor to the game.
  4. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

I didn’t misunderstand anything. I’m pointing out the absurdity of your claim, that because macros exist we have to reinvent the wheel? Install some overly convoluted design that in long run would make the game so restrictive. Are you also in favor of preventing all equipment changes in combat? I used speed hacks as an example to show that just because some people use speed hacks to get feats or other rewards doesn’t mean we have to reinvent the system. Here’s my suggestion to you, if you suspect someone of cheating whether that be macros or speed hacks report it.
    • Like x 3
  5. C3alix Committed Player

People that were complaining about the game not being difficult enough weeks ago are the same ones that swapped their arts and clip with bots/trinkets until their controls snap. Everything was more balanced back then, but when the majority of the top 100 do the same damn things (whether they're using dw/bm or b/ma) with the same arts, they set the requirements up to be the "best score chaser" with little variables.
    • Like x 5
  6. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It's definitely game-breaking. Time for swapping them in combat to be completely disabled.
    • Like x 1
  7. zNot Loyal Player

Wish i could thumb this up 10 more times! lol
  8. Bubbla Active Player

Just gonna add this in. I would say make it more user friendly. Inventory swapping stuff has been around for a long time. It isn’t game breaking and most aren’t expecting you to. If you are running with higher end groups there are expectations to do harder things regardless of the game. If you don’t like that, then don’t run with them. I will say the game is likely to lose a significant chunk of player who spend considerable amounts of money on the game if the severely restrict art swapping. Do you remember how mad people were with solar amplifier? On steroids. That would generally be a terrible business model. Those are the players that help keep this game up and operational the legitimate way. If they suddenly stopped allowing the whole reason to have more than 3 arts it would wreck income and many players would just dip after being out that money…costing significant amounts in future income.
  9. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

The majority of your comments are that you think the game is too easy. You feel that way regardless if tac swapping exists or not so this seems like a strange comment. Unless you are tac swapping which again would be your choice.
    • Like x 2
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

What about the players that complain it’s too easy without doing tac swaps or even using gadgets/ elec prec? What about the players that aren’t great but can tac swap well and that’s what helps them complete harder content? Maybe the healer can’t solo heal elite without tac swapping. Maybe the tank is mediocre but much more capable due to a tac swap setup they figured out?

Still not feeling like anyone is thinking about the long term here but who knows. At the worst, a lot of us will save a ton of money and we all know it’s great for businesses to have customers spending less.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So as long as they are making money on it, they will approve? Is that your stance? Well let's all welcome the new 'Speed Hack bundle'....buy it and you can speed hack as much as you want!....I mean, long term being able to sell that is better for the game, right? I mean people are doing it for free right now, why not capitalize on it and make some dolla dolla bills?

Sounds silly, no?
    • Like x 2
  12. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

I disagree with the assumption that art swapping isn’t intended. It’s a mechanic that everyone can take advantage of. Arts like:Dead kings, philosopher’s, and Lazarus, lose their purpose once you’ve used their ability. Make no mistake this isn’t about “Balancing the Game”, it’s about a group of small minded players who want the game exclusively catered towards them.
    • Like x 2
  13. appocolyps Committed Player

Fully support the OP here, it is cheesy, broken and unintended, lets not forget to mention it is hugely benefiting PC players using controller and using a hotkey via steam, oooops was that a secret

Fully intended when artis were designed XDDDD

• Like x 5
  14. Gulrick TheWanderer Well-Known Player

I’m so sick tired of these Strawman arguments. Were you not taught Logical Fallacies? Do you have a list of this 100 by name? Can you provide proof the people complaining about difficulty are the same people using clips/exploits? This is an emotional argument you’ve made. It’s easy to attack players that don’t exist
    • Like x 2
  15. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Y’all can claim that tac swapping isn’t working as intended all you want, but the inventory is!! Lol, plus, if you eliminate tac swapping, youre rendering a handful of artifacts useless, because they aren’t good unless they’re being tacswapped. Also, it just adds another mechanic/ another style of play to the game, instead of just having it so streamlined. I rarely even tacswapped, but I still think it’s beneficial to the game, and shouldn’t be removed
    • Like x 2
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yeah you're hoping the devs nerf something you seem to be jealous of.
    • Like x 1
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

They are making money on artifacts. We all know this. Stop tac swapping and many will stop spending. I doubt we’re arguing that correct? My stance doesn’t matter because I don’t make decisions. That’s my stance, players choice doesn’t matter. A business gets to make that decision. If they decide they don’t want it because it is making development harder, that’s it. Gone. Ok. If they decide alright let’s embrace it, I’m on board for that too. Will others be on board? Doesn’t sound like it.

If armory cool downs get changed to 30secs, take my money. I’ll have all sorts of combos for allies and artis going. Works for them no? They made their stance about macros and speed hacking so that ends that convo. If they make their stance on this, whatever it is, is fine by me. Till then, I’ll continue to use my inventory just like I did in 2011. It may be as simple as they’re undecided. Some could hate it, another dev may think wow that’s awesome look what this person figured out. We don’t know and honestly, people should probably just mind their own. Unless it’s literally causing them grief, which my lord if this somehow causes grief, then it’s got next to no effect on them. No situation exists in game that makes choosing not to swap prohibit completion. No situation exists that you have to tac swap to complete an instance.

And I assume someone sells speed hacking and macros stuff somewhere no? I don’t know anything about it but seems like someone profits off it. I guess the fact that this game doesn’t profit from it shows that they do in fact care about their customer base much more than most players let on.
    • Like x 2
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

I will speak purely about the topic itself (not comments in the topic;)

Do you know? Both options proposed by the author of the topic are terrible.

First option: remove the artifacts swap capability.
    With this we have a number of problems.
    Here are a few of them for you:
    1. We are removing the play style.
    2. We are significantly replenishing the shelf of unclaimed artifacts (or can someone offer an adequate build that can compete on equal terms with meta assemblies using artifacts that are used for "artifacts swap" on an ongoing basis?)
    3. Dissatisfaction with people who have invested (time, money, labor) in this style of play.
    4. Loss of possible income for the company in the future (even if new artifacts come out, those who have lost the "artifacts swap" option will simply feed these artifacts to the new ones, and thus a lot of DLC will not spend a cent , those who used to think about "artifacts swap" now too won't spend a cent....)
    5. It also reduces diversity when designing new artifacts and pushes developers towards designing artifacts to replace the old "meta" if they want to keep making money from artifacts...

The second option is to simplify the use of the TS.

Why is this option bad? Because the more simple the use of the "artifacts swap", the more it will be mandatory among the community and the greater the gap will become between old players and new ones, between those who spend a lot and those who are not able to spend a lot.

This will also affect the complexity of the content, as developers will now have to consider a lot more factors than before...

It also brings everyone's favorite P2W back into the game...
    • Like x 2
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Not really, also When i say i want more difficulty im talking about 1. from a tank perspective, 2. it in a way where you dont have a gap like now exisiting where you have players/groups skipping difficulty with methods like these. Once they are fixxed the devs will be able to provide us equal difficulty and not have groups avoid the intented difficulty its not balanced now.
    • Like x 1
  20. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I'm going to tell you all right now, those of you promoting this "you can only use three Artifacts at one time" business if the Devs take your horrible horrible suggestions there's going to be a mass exodus of players who will quit DCUO of the Devs listen to like the five people on the forum who seem to be pushing this over you know the actual playerbase who grind, spend time and money as opposed to the few who don't want to well when that day happens and more players leave the game I hope those of still here remember who decided to give their opinions on why out ability to open our inventory menu and change Artifacts was taken away, I hope you're happy then
    • Like x 1