DDOS ATTACK HAS RETURNED

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Mar 10, 2022.

1. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

5:30 AM EST. The servers starts to lag the world begins to crash the login que's stack up then all the sudden you get a message There was an authentication issue connecting to the world. " THE WORLD IS DOWN " Oh no what are we going to do are you going to fix it when are you going to fix it will the fix last. Stayed tuned for more info on the next episode of Dragon Ball Z.
    • Like x 2
  2. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Here we go again will it ever end has it even started or are we just lagging in our own minds you be the judge.
  3. SlipperyRichard Active Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  4. SlipperyRichard Active Player

kidding of course. Do you know for sure that it is a ddos attack? Techno-terrorism; should be a crime against the world.
  5. Dwild Well-Known Player

I'm getting some "Cryptostar.blog" message and then unending messages that I'm being hacked and some kind of thing to buy some kind of antivirus program. Like being overrun by locusts.
  6. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

What?
  7. habanerojones New Player

More DDoS attacks. Wasn't doing anything important, but it still sucks.
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Like in the game or through your irl Email or....?
  9. Dwild Well-Known Player

Usually starts whenever I try to sign into forum. Message from "cryptostar.blog" that screams "System is infected!" then a "click here to clean." There's an icon in the lower right corner, black square with a red shield quartered in black and red. I've run Webroot like six times..it says nothing is wrong but every time I try to get into the game the log in runs and runs and then eventually I get a disconnect before I even reach my character screen.
  10. Dwild Well-Known Player

Just popped up again when I sent the last message...Protect your computer, free antivirus, click here to download...no name other than the cryptostar name. Checked internet, apparently this hit a lot of places back in February too. and again "virus scan now available, protect your device for free" nonsense. Some kind of hack, I'm too illiterate to know what or where its coming from.
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

That's probably a malware that infected your PC with browser ADs or some extension you installed, it has nothing to do with the game at all.
  12. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

and the world comes to an end The Connection the world has been lost. Please try again <0x0009>
  13. Dwild Well-Known Player

Yeah I'm seeing that. I can get into the game, although it's slow. The spamming virus detected message only starts appearing when I try to log into the Forums. I have no idea how to find or eliminate it...now it just said System Error, Computer damaged by suspicious program...I know Webroot doesnt detect it and I'm too computer illiterate to know how to dig it out. Guess I will just stop logging into the forums.
  14. Neotropic New Player

Download something like Malwarebytes, BitDefender, Avira or any of them. Might fix it.
    https://us.cybernews.com/lp/best-antivirus-software-us/

Everyone has an opinion to what they think is best. I have used the 3 above with no issues. Currently using BitDefender myself.
  15. Bushi New Player

I don't think this is ddos....