Artifact taking longer and longer to XP...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Mar 12, 2022.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but I have the impression that they do everything they can to make the XP of the artefacts take longer and longer to XP, even with the loot from the daily rewards it's not very significant, once you get to 160 of the artefact the progression is incredibly slow and even when you get the NTH bonus of one day of daily rewards you barely gain 1 to 2, or even 3 levels of the artifact and of course, depending on the level of the artifact, the higher the level the more ridiculous the xp is and when you need 3 to 6 artifacts for 1 or 2 roles the time to XP all your artifacts to their maximum is extremely confusing.

This game is becoming more and more anti-optimization and a character prison, it's really deplorable to see how much the devs imagine the game nowadays, all this to force people to pay to be optimized, so I want to believe that character optimization should not be done in a day, but it should not be abused either and even by paying, it becomes really uninteresting...
    • Like x 2
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

What are you talking about? It has never been easier to level art than it is now. There are so many recourses to level arts and plenty of guides to help. They made artifact leveling extremely easy now
    • Like x 3
  3. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Arts aren’t needed to play the game. They were added so the wHaLeS could squirt more money out the bLoW HoLe to the developers. I tank without arts and do just fine. I dps with level 19 arts and pew pew just fine. Teamwork makes the dream work. Just level one up to 100 or whatever for the feat and the others to 20 for their feats and call it a day. Make a toon and transfer all the nth to them for safe keeping.
    • Like x 2
  4. Mex the Taco New Player

People sucking up to the devs on here are so cringy. Yeah the grind is awful, game is a mess. You compare it to something like Warframe and it's depressing how much the devs abuse the players. Warframe has grind but for substantial things. The game is too broken to be taking advantage of players like this. Today I was running Fos3 and our tank got kicked and bully for not having arts on, instead of trying to help him everyone just piled on. Between the dev bootlickers and the toxic players it's no wonder why the devs don't try.
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because you are anti dev does not make your argument true.

This IS the easiest its ever been to level artifacts. That is a fact. The devs gave MANY avenues to level artifacts. That is fact. This game has so many things that other MMOs do not have. I play warframe too. And the grind there can be just as bad, if not worse. Do I like those devs more? Yes. The devs there do more in general. But the devs in this game gave so many options now.

You want to level artifacts? Get membership.

You get 4 destiny tokens. You can use the 4 tokens to buy nth metal or seals.
    You get 50% more nth metal drops as well as ally favor.
    You get 500 loyalty points to go towards nth metal or seals.
    You get stabilizers which can help with allies.
    You get a discount which can be used to buy nth and seals, among other items, for 10% cheaper.

On top of this, they have sales for premium currency to buy nth and other items.
    You also have bonus weeks that can help with leveling artifacts.
    - You have double nth drops week for double nth drops
    - You have double nth experience to make all your nth have double value
    - You get a free unstable seal every once in a while so you do not have to buy a seal.
    - You have catalyst drop week to farm catalyst so you do not have to buy as many catalyst
    - You have double source mark week to farm source marks to buy catalyst with

Other features this game has.
    You can use parsers to test builds to see what does better.
    Most games have sparring targets but offer single targets while dcuo offers targets in groups to test AoE.
    Parsers can also be set up to be after combat, 10 sec, 30 sec, and 60 sec to have more accurate reading
    This game also gives combat logs to see what you die to and how much things are hurting you for.
    You can even set up parsers for support roles

The dev team and game in general offer so many tools for you to use and you and others do not use them. You can level an art by spending $250 or by spending $62.50. Or if you are patient and smart for just $15 per month.

Are there things that I do not like? Definitely. Is it as bad as you and others try to make it? Absolutely not.
    • Like x 7
  6. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Now that we have full stat piercing in Not End Game content, I believe arts are more important now than ever, if you play the older content or cue up for Omni.
  7. BigHand New Player

I do feel that the amount of XP we get cuz of the new login reward system is quite less when compared to before(not taking the free nth metal given to players as a gift in to account) but the difference aint that big. Plus with bonus nth metal weeks coupled with the option of buying seals and XP with destiny tokens, leveling up artifacts has been made much easier than before .
    All of this ofc only helps with leveling 1 artifact to 200 without spending a dime which is the same even before the login reward change.

Aside from all of this the grind has always remained the same - a pain for new non-members even near impossible and less of a pain for new/old premium members with higher success chance.

This is an MMORPG after all so the only way progression is acquired is by either time/grind or (unfortunate as is) opening your wallet.
    IMO do not spend any money for artifact leveling even if it takes 3 DLC cycles to get three 200 level artifacts, cuz technically you dont need them to some degree to play the game at least for normal content.
    200 artifacts only show its effectiveness a lot more when doing elite content aside from that you wont see much of a difference unless the players you play with have nothing.

That being said certain roles do need certain levels on artifacts, most of the times 160 is all you need. And try to focus on one role as focusing on DPS and support role at the same time makes it impossible to see any result.
  8. Leonite Well-Known Player

I think the OP is complaining about the exponential increase in experience needed to take the artifact to the next level. The factor is 2, in most cases.

Artifacts need 2x the experience to unlock the next tier. From 80 to 100, you need 2x the Nth metal needed to rank 80. From 100 to 120, 2x the Nth metal needed to rank 100. And so on, except from 180 to 200 which requires the same Nth metal needed for 160.

In other words, you could have gotten three other artifacts to 160 from zero when ranking just one artifact from 160 to 200. That's why the best effect of an artifact is at rank 200 - I know this is debatable in reality but this is the game's logic.

I suggest the OP read the guide here in the forums -- https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/artifact-guide.316393/ You can save a lot by taking advantage of 2X xp and sales events which is mentioned in the above guide.
    • Like x 2
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

So how do you expect a F2P game to make money?
  10. Ryll Committed Player

This is precisely why my main has 200 arts and my alts are at 160 or less. Arts are the biggest pay to win aspect of the game. I don't even save up stacks for double xp weeks anymore. Haven't since I finished levelling my mains artifacts. I stack them in the shared bank and every couple of days I fortify whatever artifact for whatever alt I am working on. Once it hits 160....onto the next artifact.
  11. Lara Committed Player

Soon is double Art XP my g
    • Like x 1
  12. Godtr0n Active Player

Speed to level up artifacts is directly proportional to the length of you paypal password. You are only ever a few minutes away from maxing your artifacts. Means you can also jump straight into farming feats that dont work in the lag dimension faster.
  13. GermanM Committed Player

You think? i hope so...
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Artifacts in high levels are only necessary to do instances in elite, you can do almost all instances in normal content with them only in level 80 (you know what youre doing you can finish them without arts, but you need to know the mechanics), but you will need more time to do those instances without arts or with them in low levels and of course you will need a good gear and some skill points.
    The toxic people is a problem in a lot of games, sadly here too...
    If you ask me i will lvl up my dps arts to 160 and then i will go to my healer arts. Im not a big fan of elite content after all, i just wanna enjoy the game in my way...
    • Like x 1
  15. Lara Committed Player

Ye soon just save all your XP and get your arts up than:)
    • Like x 1
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the long time after 160 is due to them doubling in required XP with each lvl so sounds about right.

there are very few cases were any of them truly have to be past 160 and 0 -120 can be done in a week of playing
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh, I'm going to disagree for alts. Alts who don't play a ton, always got at least the vault XP +3000 and a good amount from the daily vault and stabilizers if you popped in for 2-3 min each. If you are a 1 toon player it's probably better, or if you only work on 1 toon at a time, yeah, you can funnel it all to 1 after you 'finish' another, but the 36 or 40 1k pieces we get for the whole account from daily grants do not add up to what you could rack up with just a few min visit per alt before.

Timed drops, I'd say are pretty close, especially if you are getting the member bonus. Premium and F2P seem less on those as well though.

As far as them getting slower after 160, yeah Aduzar....it's a quickly escalating curve that works on like 2x per breakthrough....God forbid we ever get level 220...it will be like having to level 2 200s and smooshing them together.

EDIT: BTW....I'm fine with the feeling of less Nth as a whole for the fact that we got an avenue to seals without spending cash. I wouldn't trade it in to go 'back' to getting the 3K drops or daily stabilizers/nth on alts.
    • Like x 1
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

yea GOOOD LUCK ever getting me to get one that high if they added another lvl to these things I don't even have a 200 yet and doubt I will for a long while
    • Like x 1
  19. BumblingB I got better.

We usually get a double XP before a new artifact. They did say there was an artifact next DLC. So probably right before. But who knows.

They haven't really changed how much XP it takes to get to each breakthrough. The diminishing returns are very obvious after 160 and very difficult after 180. I'd just save and wait for another double week.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Historically we generally will get one before a new DLC, or slightly into one. This is especially true if the new DLC has artis, which I think this one may. Add to that they just gave us the Clarion and yeah, I'd expect one in the next month....5 weeks max.(Mepps will now schedule one for 6 weeks to make me wrong)

I mean I'll sit on my Nth for a year if they didn't have one, but even the most impatient should be able to hold out a month. Hold fast...it will be here 'soon'.