Mister Mxyzptlk's Mischief!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Fair enough....yeah, If you were only doing a few months the $120 might be worse....at 12 it's a good deal though.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah. I'm guessing it's because the race is at the daily planet, along with some coin spawns. The Supes statue is actually kind of devoid of coin spawns. The tour is only done once a week....but hey...the race is only once period....assuming you platinum (which is pretty easy)...so yeah...kinda dumb.

I asked the same thing in the announcement thread. Don't think I got an answer.
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I can confirm this year's event will now run through the 23rd instead of the 22nd.
    • Like x 5
  4. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Was something done to the audio for Mister Mxyzptlk? Another VA or remastered audio?
  5. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

This is Great News, Thank you Mepps & Devs!!
    • Like x 1
  6. The Con Dedicated Player

Yeah...

New Mxy voice-overs for the intro and Metropolis map destinations.

Funny... but, I kinda miss the old ones.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

DBG are all about making money, but at the same time it is entirely in a players opposing interests to make an attempt to advocate or encourage ways to spend when they would otherwise be free, something for you to remember.

As a customer you do not need to resign yourself to getting a bad deal and being able to reasonably get all the new rewards from what is essentially a "fun, yearly event" isn't unreasonable when you're playing year to year - it should never be impossible for players not catching up to play year to year.

Events are supposed to be yearly fun for players not an attempt to monetize them in a mandatory way when the rest of the game already does a pretty good job of that. - thankfully however it would appear the devs have listened to our feedback though, so we need not, resign ourselves to such a fate.

Thank you or listening to our feedback and making a bunch of positive changes, very appreciated :)
    • Like x 1
  8. The Con Dedicated Player

There is "The Enchanted Emerald" base item (or something like that)....

It grants you a Mr. Mxy to chase around your base as he drops off tokens to collect.

I use mine as a bartender behind my bar (which means he also can't run very far when dropping tokens)
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah there is also the trinket pet, he just doesn't always do damage and doesn't stay out long, in well, typical Mxy fashion.
    • Like x 1
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

Prices have been reduced too, as of tomorrow's hotfix.
    • Like x 5
  11. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Even Better News, Thank you very much !!
    • Like x 3
  12. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Birthday present? Thanks!
  13. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

I do the same thing!
    • Like x 1
  14. beardrive Committed Player

Thanks so much! Now that we have a base with 700 base items and so many rooms the cost reduction will lighten the load.

40 stone floors are not only 400 coins in price, but the weekly is not re-settable, so you'd have to reset the coin mission more than 40 times to get them since they cost 10 and the mission is only worth 8.

23 coins x 40 items = 920 coins. Ouch. And that's maybe one large room in the new lairs JUST for flooring.

(I complain here)
    In addition to that, there is the chasing lag issue. Two years ago maybe 3-4 nodes, but now now the bounce and grab is disassociated enough between the toon and the coins it's more like 4-5, which makes it a further burden/irritation in general.

This isn't being a jerk, but without the extra incentive of 14 coins, I'm not even going to bother with the daily mission. I have enough coinage to buy the feat items and move on to next year. But it sucks, cause, you know, base design! T^T
    (I stop complaining here)

But I digress. I'm totally happy with how many bases are coming out, their design, and the plans for at least one future base this year if not another. The current issue is in ironing out how to fill those bases, and Cheetah so far has come to the rescue for a very good start!

Also YES to releasing base items that couldn't come out for the start of the DLC. Two friends are elated to find that can now get the poster and the lex hologram.
  15. beardrive Committed Player

Hi! This is a separate post concerning this event.

This is not an ask for a Seasonal vault as that's already been discussed, but when you had vaults for both Christmas and Halloween, base items were FLOODING the broker.

I was able to get so many holiday base items 8u8, my exobyte storage toon, was hired on to help Krampus!

8u8 helped Krampus collect up all the presents Santa left for the good children and deliver them safely unopened to
    Krampus' Christmas Emporium! Found conveniently in the Cain Street mall...restrictions apply.

So these creative experiences end up on youtube as advertisements for your game. Achikah will attest to that! The better the items, the more of them there are, the more people see, and the more they want.

I LOVED the Christmas and Halloween events and their vaults, and I look forward to more of the same for the vaults paired with Seasonals.

Perhaps during Seasonals without vaults attached to them, you might drop older items in instanced content with a degree of rarity? Just an idea to keep base items moving for Seasonals that have no vault attached to them.

Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...I guess sometimes things do work out. Congrats!
    • Like x 1
  17. Dornish Ale New Player

The exploration was 3 coins daily? I thought it was 4. But either way, being the way it is now means we are getting way less coins, and for an event that only lasts 2 weeks thats kinda of a big deal if you want to get everything. So like, if they want to keep it weekly, what I don't mind much, I think that maybe they should amp it up a bit on the rewards.

In the old days, considering 3 daily, in one week we would have 21, and considering 4 per day the total would be 28, so if they make the weekly exploration give us somthing between 20 and 25, honestly would be worth it even if we only can do it twice.

Or they could make it so you can reset the exploration with replay badges, put a npc in the House of Legends like the one for the race on Valentine's. Even though that won't be fun for everyone cuz you would need to buy the badges if you're not a member, would still give us the option to grind more coins.
    • Like x 1
  18. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

good to hear. I did have left over clovers from last year and bought all the new stuff..guessing that's a sucks to be me situation...
  19. comicscomedian New Player

There's a connection authentication problem with logging in. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but I just attempted to login 10 minutes ago and that's the error message that I got. Anyone else experiencing this or a similar situation?
    • Like x 1
  20. Dallasw4th New Player

Yes I'm having the same problem on Xbox, some people say it might be a DDOS or something.