Switch's server is too empty!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kyriad, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Kyriad New Player

[IMG]
    I've had a hard time getting a 4 players event instance for my two characters during the whole event. Now it's completely impossible. This screenshot showed the longest time I've waited without any pause, and I ended up just leaving without having had my instance. I checked how many players there are in each zone and I rarely find 20 players in Metropolis. This is not healthy. The devs have to convince Nintendo to merge the servers.
    • Like x 3
  2. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I knew and know that the servers for switch are low but wow that wait time lol that is crazy.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

The sad part is that unfortunately the the biggest thing that would help wont happen since the devs have no control over it. And that is platform mergers. The best thing they would be able to do is a faction merger. Not sure how likely that would be.
  4. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yikes, I rarely play DCUO on my Switch, and even when I do it's mostly stuff I can get done solo. We can only hope they merge the servers, I'd definitely play the Switch version more if I can team up with my PS/PC/XB toons.
    • Like x 2
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

If they cant do crossplatform, i hope they can do a merge of instance queues for all servers.

So PC/S, Xbox, Switch would still be on their own server.

But when you queue up, they could be placed in a cross platform instance, to simply partake in the player pool to at least give Xbox and Switch a population to temporarily increase their player pool long enough to complete content.

Its not going to solve their population issues, but theyll have the player pool in queue to alleviate some of their queueing struggles.
    • Like x 1
  6. nawanda Loyal Player

Looks like the Switch server needs to go, one way or another. It must be losing money hand over fist.
    • Like x 3
  7. SlipperyRichard Active Player

There was just 82 in Metropolis. Then the connection dropped. My internet is testing fine.
  8. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Game appears to be getting DDOS attacks again -.-
  9. Kyriad New Player

It's not a question of faction, as I've been teaming up with villains occasionally for this instance. I also had the scenario where I had to protect the machines and attack the Star Fire npcs.
  10. BumblingB I got better.

They've said they want to do cross play but the companies are not playing nice with each other.

I found when I was playing heavily on the switch, there are "peak" times and if you log in any time outside of those hours, you were SOL. It gets worse when there really is no new content. Right now, I'm sure the Doom ultraviolet boss area is packed, everything else is probably a ghost town.
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

This could have been easily fixed with a server merge, I know.

But this also could have been helped with cross-server login issue, ergo, our toons are saved equally on all servers. Why? Because, upon seeing a post like this, we could make a mob and go to the switch help our fellow players.
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Sorry to say but the game needs a better revamp than stats revamp. It's not meant for new players at all its meant for experienced players playing together not noob on noob friendly. Unfortunately nobody wants to do an alert with Noobs and be there for 45 minutes it's just not reasonable at all neither is being one shotted or 3 hits your out. There is no feeling of progression or getting stronger because of stats revamp. So you can expect the player base won't grow at all. They will keep trying to throw new progression systems at the problem. but it's only going to dig a bigger hole for new players trying to get into the game and feel progression. I stop pugging or helping noobs because they make stats revamp extremely long and hard for everyone including myself. You are not the only one waiting that long either here on psn I wait sometimes for 1 to 2 hours for some 2 eps old alerts to pop I just don't even run them the wait is so long. Everyone knows the trick to stats revamp now. the real progression is to play with experienced players so the job gets done under 1 hour
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I Never Played on the Switch but My Personal Opinion it was a Mistake to take this game to Switch Nor XBox...Its Hard Enouch to keep the Original Servers Huming along
  14. Kyriad New Player

The peak is near 5 pm, from what I observed, but this capture was at 8pm.
    I really want dcuo's devs to convince Nintendo that it is either a merge, or a removal of the whole game.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, by 8pm everyone has already done their event dailies and are probably either farming the bounties or logged off.

It is kind of annoying to think that they are losing money on this being on the switch. It's an MMO with very little population and the ones that are trying to play it are dropping off too.
  16. Kyriad New Player

I know a mmo where they made a lot of progression for high level players, then one day they completely changed the tutorial and level 1-30 zones, and at that occasion they added a feature that rewards higher level players if they helped low level players by virtually, temporarily lowering their level at a reasonable level. Rewards were more xp (interesting since the last levels are really, really hard to reach) and special tokens for collection items.
  17. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

A server merger is best if they drop switch that wouldn't be good there are people who I've seen on there that are endgame and 200 artifacts and some 160s. But something needs to be done asap not much devs can do but the higher ups need to get it together and pay attention to what the heck is going on.
    • Like x 2
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Im positive they know about the issue but there is very little that can be done. it was probably a very bad idea to bring the game to other consoles that wont allow crossplay..

but heck they haven't fixed the OG PlayStation population yet with a faction merge