Downtime Server Downtime - March 9, 2022 - Game Update 122

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Mar 8, 2022.

1. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

Does the mention of a Bat Done - Tier 1 suggest we will have the ability to purchase via source marks a tier 2 and tier 3 version? Asking for a friend.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'm not thrilled about them if they are in the same content we've already been doing for months ad nauseum and are counts or checklists. A boss count on the new boss....meh, whatever...but in the queue up content, if there is a new 'destroy turrets' or something added...when people have been running to either beat up ultraviolet lanterns, source creatures, BWL bots or various jailers...now only to have to go back in and farm the same runs for more counts....it's kind of BS.

Or any counts/checklists added to the daily runs we've been doing since start...like saving civvies on the doomsayers, or maybe taking down the consoles for the lex guys. Rehash is annoying, even if it's a 'new' feat.
    • Like x 3
  3. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

There are players who may need those items and that is fine to market to them as they can buy it if they desire to do so.
    But for the players that have been around for a while and have everything up to and maybe even including the original trinket (now a pet in this bundle) the bundle is not worth it at all.
    $20 for a customizable chest piece that only puts a small emblem on it.
    Nope.
    Not worth consideration at all.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So don't buy it....That's my plan. As long as they don't tie feats to it, big deal. Those who want that stuff, please...spend the $20. It supports the game so they don't need to make something for the rest of us to buy.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: We have run into a few issues today that will probably have us go the full 8 hour estimate.

You might have noticed all Daybreak games are offline today for their own updates and a Daybreak-wide platform maintenance. The maintenance is complete and we're just working on wrapping up our update.
    • Like x 8
  6. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so we arent there yet lol
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hi there. I'll bite! There are lots of people who play the game who have purchased or obtained different things in different combinations. Over time, things might get resurfaced in different ways, at different prices, maybe with a discount, or maybe in convenient one-click bundles. This is pretty common across the human inhabited areas of the universe and doesn't seem to upset much of anybody, globally speaking.

Players often request some of our most iconic suits, that have imagery or emblems built into the style directly (usually for maximum cool-factor), also be clear of that imagery for their own emblematic purposes. That's why we took this opportunity to deliver on that request. Just beyond, no Batman.

There are lots of characters in the DC Universe, and we have an enormous number of them in the game. There are just a few that are really, really popular, though, and even fewer still that get the biggest of big budget films released about them. We are not affiliated with film at all - we are a COMIC-inspired game - but we still like to support what players are likely interested in or thinking about when relevant, players new or old, and package stuff up to make living out your Super Hero fantasy in an easy way. It certainly doesn't hurt anyone to try to hit that low hanging fruit. Batman is cool.

In regard to content in the Ultimate Batman Bundle, there of course isn't any. There is a bunch of stuff launching in the game update today, and yes it and episode content are extremely difficult, time-consuming, and expensive to create. That's why we spend most of our time on it, but also why we can't whip it up into a bundle easily. Also, we don't sell this content. It is all free, so we hope to bring in revenue from other things (like bundles).

Speaking of free, no money is demanded of anyone here. DCUO is a purely support-it-if-you-want-to enterprise. I do hope we can find something in the future that you do want to spend all of your money on, and I look forward to your opinion on how that feels.
    • Like x 7
  8. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Is there a chance we can get the Batman Beyond chest with the changeable emblem slot in the marketplace by itself ? I have all of the other items from the different bundles or separately and I imagine a lot of the other players do as well.
  9. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I agree they definitely deserved what they got for how they approached the topic, but I was disappointed in the way it was handled. I understand constant nagging from ungrateful or callous consumers can be infuriating, but professionalism be hanged and out came the "teeth". Yikes :oops:

Otherwise I think the bundle is still a good value, even if the chest and helm are the only things I want from it. I can remember the day, I instantly bought the BvS and Batman cowl sets, because their high cost was still worth it to me.
    • Like x 1
  10. Batman Beyond Well-Known Player

Hey Mepps is there a Batman Beyond Emblem included in this bundle by chance? I’d really love to be able to add the emblem to that suit and other pieces of gear in game as it would allow more Chroma/Materials to be used on that suit without affecting the separate Beyond Emblem. I’ve already got everything else in the bundle, but I’d gladly drop the $25 on the bundle as the Batman Beyond Emblem alone would sell me on the purchase.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Will the Batman chest style with out the emblem be available via other means by itself? I have most of what is in there, but more slimline styles is great for the game and would love to get this style.

If not, will this bundle be available indefinitely? Last time I waited until I had the funds, I literally missed it by 4 days. (BvS emblems.)
    • Like x 1
  12. CrashMode New Player

can we introduce moving eyes to character models? that dead stare bugs me. I feel like I'm spoiled from Second Life characters being the best customization on the planet. Been making all sorts of hero/villains outfits there easily. Learning to script to make visual 'powers' effects. And why can't chroma/materials just have a color spectrum hud. it's just a texture. again spoiled. oh wait: back to praising...woohoo base vendors, bla bla bla
  13. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Anyone have screenshots of the new items of the Ultimate Batman Bundle?

So could the art team update the existing UI? I see the new shiny daily rewards UI.
  14. Eve YouTuber

You mean this?
    [IMG]
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Mepps wants all our money confirmed.
  16. DCUO Post Loyal Player

No, the new style items in the Batman bundle.
  17. Eve YouTuber

Ah alright lol
    • Like x 1
  18. thedemonocus Loyal Player

bring back the classic batman emblem and i will spend all my money on it
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

8 hours and counting now.
  20. Rejchadar Inquisitor

servers are up and running...