Time for quark vendor update?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Chewsy, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Chewsy Well-Known Player

It’s been a while since the quark vendor has been updated to include items from older time capsules. It’s about time for some capsules to be added, no?
    • Like x 2
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

The answer is no.

Those happen during Resurgence, and given that new time capsule just came out, it'll be some time till it... resurges.

Patience!
    • Like x 2
  3. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I would like to see more things to spend quarks on. I still think a good use for quarks would be a similar principle to the upcoming orbital style dispenser - once you consume an orbital style, you can always dispense it from your vendor

The booster bundle / resurgence cap materials and chromas can’t be unlocked on alts, but what if we could use quarks to dispense a “cannot trade” version on an alt if we already consumed the chroma / material on another alt. It would be a workaround on style unlocking for chromas / materials - just spend quarks instead of replay badges.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Booster Bundle Items rarely if ever come back. Resurgence Materials and Chromas have come back during the last two Resurgences, and if this next resurgence doesn't bring new items again, you should have another crack at the older Materials and Chromas.
    • Like x 1
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I am only talking about if you already bought it from a Booster Bundle or Resurgence cap and consumed it on a character.

I could be wrong, but I doubt there’s a big market for people who want to buy enough booster bundles to get 6 chromas / materials to consume on 6 different characters. But if they could spend quarks to unlock on 5 characters after consuming on 1? I think it’s an untapped market of spending on time caps to get quarks and play time to get source marks to convert to quarks.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yes, you would be wrong. The reason I said what I said specifically about the Resurgence based materials and chromas is that they have returned on at least two resurgences last year. Therefore the likelihood of them putting it in the second chance or booster vendor for quarks is slim to none at this time.

As for the Booster Bundle items...those tend to be marketed as exclusives (at least Exclusive to those bundles). The minute they sell those through a vendor at a later date, less people would be inclined to buy the booster bundles when they come out, opting instead to save their quarks for a later addition. Now you may think "well, they'll at least sell TCs...so what's the problem?". The problem is that it would weaken the sales of Booster Bundles. Right now, Booster Bundles still sell and so do Stabilizers...they're not gonna destabilize that income flow they have going.
  7. EconoKnight XIII Legion

If it’s a bad idea, so be it. But I don’t see them losing money they’re very likely not getting in the first place. Who is really buying 600 booster bundles to get those 6 ultra rare drops for their 6 different alts?

Do they buy 100 booster bundles to get that one ultra rare drop? Sure. And that drop would not be unlocked on the quark vendor until they bought those 100 booster bundles and got that one ultra rare drop
  8. C3alix Committed Player

I swear there was an idea/plan to update the quark vendor with rare collections.
  9. Eve YouTuber

Wasn't the point of Quarks vendor (NOT second chance vendor) to get items *New* Items over time? though I guess they scrapped it because we have the second chance vendor, but it would be nice to see new stuff there.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I'd like to see it utilized as both a second chance vendor and a vendor for exclusive unique rare items, things like the shaded comic would've been a great example for a chase item in there.
    • Like x 2
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That was just a dream...they never said anything about considering collections.
  12. Jcal Dedicated Player

Really wish they'd update the price of the Stealth Material, lol. I've wanted that mat since I came back to the game, but there's simply no way I can justify paying 4k-5k Quarks for it.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If wishes were horses...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. CassUV Well-Known Player

I would like to see this update. I, and many players, need this update to buy the materials and accessories who gives feat, using our quarks.