DCUO Development Update - February 2022

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Panderus, Feb 16, 2022.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The Shaded Comic material which came out in the last booster bundle is fully tintable (but unfortunately was hard to get ahold of...), and the current Burnished Bronze Chroma has a bronze material with color tintable leather (currently available from the Joker's Legacy Time Capsule and on the broker).
    • Like x 1
  2. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

No no no, base pet or ally. Dex-Starr ain't no accessory.
  3. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The reason I ask is that I do not plan on getting a PS4 and I would love to rock my original main and her No Man's Land emblem.
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

That's too bad because there's stuff on my PS main that are ancient artifacts now like the No Man's Land emblem and all the hack goodies. Kinda makes me wish I started on PC way back when.
  5. Solarbound Committed Player

Still nothing about PVP, I see. It's good to know you care -_-
    • Like x 2
  6. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Can you shed any light at all on the "Major Graphic Update" originally planned for this year but pushed to next year?
  7. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

I don't think they have even thought about PvP since they released "The Last Laugh" Episode, about 40 episodes ago.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sprangtastic New Player

Very disappointed in the development update. Maybe I missed it but I see nothing about fine tuning powers, movement modes, or updating current artifacts so more options can be used. I know there will always be a meta but even bumping up the might or prec on some of these artifacts would make using them more viable. Guess I just thought this update would include more aspects of the game.
    • Like x 1
  9. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

Yes please, free placement would be great!
    • Like x 1
  10. PrincessBunny Well-Known Player

I wouldn't mind if the Ally stayed out a bit longer, I like some of these Allies but they do not stay out long enough, like I wouldn't mind a pet that was out next to you or an Ally.
    • Like x 2
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

There was the Belle Reve map and a small PvP revamp that turned out being erased by further balance changes.

Its really sad to see nothing for PvP after more than 6 years. To think it was once one of the main attractives of the game
  12. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

The graphic update of last year was the PS5 client, which was pushed to this year. The other one (that may not happen, it was just teased by EG7) was always planned for 2023 alongside a big DLC launch.
    • Like x 2
  13. Eve YouTuber

so Custom Play UI is something we're going to see soon, right?
  14. ThisGuy89 New Player

Wow is all i can say. Another lackluster dlc with only 1 duo, 1alert, and a 1 raid. Like how can anyone be happy with this? That is such a quick get burned out recipe. Then for future updates yall continue on with the artifact/allies/time capsul bs. It was to my understanding that dcuo had financial backing to be able to implement more into this game not do the same boring stuff over and over. Like what about updating the league halls? What about updating arts to where you actually have more flexibility in which ones you run or even updating weapons that way you have more of a choice in what you run for precision? Hell im not even a advocate of pvp but fix that and i guarantee a ton of people would be back on this game. Also what about omnibus? A league mate and i literally got phantom zone 6 times in a row by queuing omnibus. Once again another implementation that is a failure. This game has primarily turned into a who looks better than who contest. If dc put as much energy into the content and updates for the qol as they do styles and micro transactions then who knows where we would be. Please all haters post below. Yall remind me of the guys playing their instruments while the titanic was sinking anyways lol.
    • Like x 3
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

don't play it, then, man.
    • Like x 4
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's actually possible to post one's opinions without insulting every one and anyone who disagrees with you in any way.

It's a good way of telling an adult from a child. One can manage to be polite and the other has no comprehension of what "polite" means and sees no reason to try.
    • Like x 3
  17. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It’s pretty much what I figured we would see. I think some of y’all need to learn how to manage expectations. They add stuff when they add stuff. I’ll be happy with some artifacts so happy to see even one making a comeback since that means someone is making them. Keep it up so we get some variety. And feel free to adjust some of the useless old ones like others have mentioned. Would be great to even just get some stats added to them if not a full revamping.

Edit: almost forgot what I still think should be top priority: make allies lock to armories. That will make a lot of us happy and give us stuff to experiment with.
    • Like x 1
  18. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I one hundred percent agree with this. I would definitely take strong daily content over 2 raids. But we aren’t getting that either.
    • Like x 2
  19. Korisso New Player

I agree. We used to get 2 raids with the old dlcs from years ago but now we can’t even get a solo
    • Like x 1
  20. Cordelia Well-Known Player

Does this mean the end of the awful ugly Dark Knights/Metal stuff for those of us who can't stand it? No more of the stupid joker/batman? Please? I mean, I stopped reading DC Comics entirely because of this awful storyline, so I'm probably going to take another extended break from the game for this next DLC because I dislike this whole storyline so much. Please tell me the next DLC will have GOOD content again?!?? Please?

I'm utterly sick of the whole Metal thing. Please give us some decent variety again. No more ugly batverse garbage. I get that some people actually enjoy it somehow, but isn't the multiverse big enough that we don't have to dwell on this single awful story all the freaking time?
    • Like x 3