[Showcase] Ice Storm Orbital

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Eve YouTuber

So this one drops since this year's Valentine's Event on Duty from Mr. Freeze. Thought I'd share a few on how it looks since I was lucky enough to snag it for a decent price from Broker (Yeah, Drops aren't ever in my favor, at least not in the beginning xD)

I mean this Orbital would fit Christmas I think better, but It still looks very nice nonetheless. We still need Star Sapphire Supply Drop, though!
    • Like x 21
  2. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

Snow bouncing off the floor looks nice, though I really like the bright beam from the SM one, even if the latter is a bit of a cinematic cliche...
    But hey, no one said I can't use both for the same character :p
    • Like x 2
  3. Achikah All About That Base

Thank you for this! I've been the lucky one out of my league to receive this and have been pondering if it was worth replacing my SM Freeze orbital with on my tank, or handing it over to my X-mas elf. I fully agree, much more a holiday vibe, so elf it is.
    • Like x 1
  4. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I put a table in my base, just so I could destroy it after i saw this was being added right after i bought 2 sm Orbitals for me and a friend @-@
    • Like x 2
  5. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I have two ice characters who are going to be all over this!
    • Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

WOOOOW!:D

Now, why can't ice powers in general look that tasty?
    • Like x 1
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

By the way this new Orbital reminded me of something. My Water Character TSUNAMISAN has a similarly new New Orbital that I think I got on a random drop somewhere in the last seasonal (I certainly don't recall having it before then!)
    It's very cool but it also reminds me of part of a story I did When my Lead Ice Character was cast as Ice's neice rather than Tora olafsdotter herself.

From Frostina Faces a Crisis Part II
    YOUR CHARACTER'S DCUO STORY pg 23
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/your-characters-dcuo-story.265860/page-23
    "Golden Dragon turned to Tsunamisan who was in the process of whirl-pooling a squad of Qwardians into a manhole.
    “TSU!!!” the Water Woman rose on a pillar of water from the street.
    “If you’re thinking a hydro electric shock boss….”
    “No. we tried that already! It works fine on the smaller Demons but these big one’s shrug it off!. I want you to soak him instead.”
    “But….” Golden Dragon held up his hand before the Water Woman could finish her protest.
    “Frostina, I need you to be ready to freeze him hard and fast as soon as he’s dunked!” Frostina started summoning all her power as she glanced at Tsunamisan.

“Ready when you are friend!” Tsunamisan grinned and made a summoning gesture, not to Frostina, but in the direction of the Bay. A tall column of Water rose up stopping everyone in the area in their tracks! the column lifted out of the bay it was as wide as an intersection and at least the length of two whole blocks. Tsunamisan waved her hands in a telekinetic “use the Force” gesture and the column sped through the air to hover over the shadow demon. Tsunamisan then performed an acrobatic maneuver and swung herself into a hard dive smashing the pavement with her fist. The Column of water likewise pivoted end over end and slammed down. However it landed square on the head of the Archon in the form of an Atlantean Trident. The water didn’t cleave through the form the way Frostina expected it to. Nor did it spill down and pool around the archon’s feet. Instead, the water was held in place around the archon like a forcefield of sorts. Frostina flung her arms forward and directed a blast of Ice, Snow and freezing wind at the center of the massive form. the Cold Power turned the thick water membrane into solid Ice. Tsunamisan conjured another Column of Water From the bay and slammed it down as well. Again, Frostina followed up with another Wintery Blast. The two women worked in tandem as the other heroes created a perimeter around the Archon. after six or seven more blasts the creature was encased in a formless shell of Ice and snow.
    “GD, that’s not going to stop it for very long!” Tsunamisan prepared to draw more water from the bay. Golden Dragon nodded at the assessment. He knew that being made of anti-matter, Shadow Demons weren’t subject to the same weaknesses normal living opponents. In fact, the archon was very close to exploding from the icy cocoon.
    “Yeah this is just a holding action until we get some light shown on this Darkness.” Frostina looked upwards
    “What does that mean? Lanterns?” Golden Dragon glanced over with a grin on his face.
    “Better than Lanterns kid!” GD tapped the comm piece in his ear.
    “Come in Watchtower!” The reply came in on all the comms in the Block’s radius.
    “Oracle here Golddragon! Say the Magic words!”
    Tsunamisan beckoned Frostina to hover back away from the cracking Ice . "

• Like x 1
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

It's really quite nice. I think I like it more than the Freeze Beam.

edit - And hell yes to Lantern Supply Drops, lol. My three characters run Magic Crystals, but thematically the style only really fits my Sorcery healer. I need something Rage-y, like a blood barf pool with plasma bubbles.... and we also need some kind of Amazon Supply Drop!! Or maybe just a Lightning/Zeus Supply Drop; that'll also do. :)
    • Like x 1
  9. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Is it called Ice Storm Orbital? I haven't saw that in broker.
    • Like x 1
  10. Hotgirlzz Well-Known Player

Nvm found it. Thanks
    • Like x 1
  11. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Yes especially since we have the Valentine's Supply Drop a Star Sapphire Orbital is really a necessity, I'm hoping devs will love bomb us with one some day. I need to crush my enemies with the Power of Love. Plus can't get too many purple/indigo/pink trinkets am I right?
    • Like x 1
  12. Wzlinnkk54 Active Player

There is a orbital comes from the henchmen box they are asking for a supply drop.
    • Like x 2
  13. NikoManiko Well-Known Player

tnx for this. I was looking on net to see how it looks, to see if it will fit to my Storm character. I think it will work nice. (i know there are few other that works too)
    • Like x 1
  14. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

My ice characters were the last ones to get color matching orbitals. The source power one was kind of white, but had other colors in it. Then we got a couple of blue ones in the water & Grodd platform. But this is finally an exact match!

If anyone was wondering, it does drop from both Mr Freeze & Carol Ferris, so it doesn't matter which version of the event you're in.
    • Like x 2
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yes and yes. This is definitely going on my ice tank...
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

My friend Blizzard Queen needs this! Wow, nice!
    • Like x 1
  17. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Cool, hopefully someone uses it in TSD Anti-Monitor fight for maximum effect.
    • Like x 1
  18. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Thanks, Zoe. I do the event mission on a ton of alts and have had it drop a couple of times, but I had no idea what it looked like in action or whether it was worth equipping. Kind of a shame I only have one ice toon.
    • Like x 1
  19. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Ooooh, if this ends up dropping for me, I'm soooo giving it to my Yuki Onna themed character (even though I never use her.....)
    • Like x 1