8 years after Weapon Mastery can PvP population be brought back?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by AllanPage, Feb 4, 2022.

1. AllanPage Committed Player

Its been almost 8 years or more since I actually enjoyed PvP in this game. While this may seem like a complaint thread, its not. I genuinely would like to see the PvP phase and DCUO's PvP glory days been revived again.

What broke PvP? Why was the PvP community annoyed after GU34?
    • After the introduction of Weapon mastery, casual PvP'ers and hardcore PvP'ers got on the same level. One shotting in arenas and open world became popular.
    • Later we had Advanced Mechanics update which did the same thing.
    How did this update impact the game?
    • Pretty much most of us in the PvP community were disappointed that none of their feedbacks from test servers were heard by the devs.
    • Even though I didn't do much 5v5's i saw that it literally killed the top leagues that enjoyed scrimming 5v5s and 4v4s.
    • Since PvP leagues died, they decided there was no point in gathering skill points and decided to call it quits. I will say 85% of the PC PvP population quit after this update.
    • PvP phases died out, which means no more open world battles, no more league rivalries.
    Now a days I see people dueling and their go to moves are abuse the mechanics, go atomic tank or do some random stuff that old school PvP'ers frowned upon. Very rarely I come across players who can counter correctly without relying on broken mechanics and usually they are the OG players.
    What we need
    • Provide incentives for players to take part in PvP Arenas. Keep rewards on rotation like before.
    • Balance new content between PvE and PvP. In the non DLC version of the game, you can see there are equal tiers in PvP and PvE, the original game was well designed to compete in both PvP and PvE. But today we just focus on one side of the game and completely ignore a very important part and community of this game.
    • Remove weapon mastery from arenas if possible. Similar to what we have in Legends PvP.
    • Limit PvP damage if we aren't already doing that.
    • Bring back the 4v4s, 5v5s, 8v8s.
    • Encourage the new generation of players to dive into PvP, similarly how to encouraged them to focus on PvE only.
    I know its not that easy to balance PvP and PvE but I am a programmer myself, and understand that all software problems can be solved with the right people focusing on the right things. Imho PvP is a great part of this game, i don't know why devs are flat out ignoring it.
    • Like x 9
  2. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Me personally in every game, I've always saw PvP as the middle man between PvE and the waiting window, The PvP gives us waiting content to play around with while waiting for PvE content, it removes the stress from the Developers if done right, the only reason why players don't want to PvP is because it's completely broken, besides the lame excuses of Toxic players when we all know Toxic players lurks the dephs of both PvE and PvP , but some want to claim otherwise for their narrative.:rolleyes:
  3. Trended Active Player

Just wished they buffed prec so it that op in arena you have to use weapon combos or fall behind this will encourage skill full gameplay, bb, block, combos, lunge. Maybe even remove shields so all powers are on a level playing field in mentals 100 shields.
  4. Trended Active Player

Unlike mental with 100 shields*
    • Like x 1
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

WM didn't ruin pvp. It was still strong. Tge devs making changes to pvp and trying to make it like legends did.
  6. AllanPage Committed Player

It did though, atleast on PC it definitely did. I still remember the day it launched, noobs were one shotting in arena. I remember because some people I know who were trash in pvp suddenly were able to score kills and were at par with other good PvP'ers.

Then they continued to release more trash updates like removing role gear, removing RPS mechanics, advanced mechanics. It continued to push away whatever population was remaining. Leagues couldn't 5v5 like before.
    • Like x 1
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

I can agree pvp took a hit, but those other changes killed it.
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I will now and always be a supporter of bringing the PVP community back to the game
    the PVE only players will come up with a million reasons why they shouldn't but us that love it don't care what they think its obviously not for them..
    I know so many people who used to play this game solely for its PVP aspect that are now gone forever.

a few changes would make it much better.
    bring back Rock Paper Scissor mechanics in 4's or higher
    keep it like legends were all the utility belt stuff is not usable
    keep allies blocked from it
    make weapon attacks count more than powers will help players actually use the combat mechanics instead of relying on most of the power cheese that goes on

I personally would love it if there was something to motivate people to play in the PVP phases again offer some kind of bonus rewards for playing on that server would push players to it. (don't want to participate you don't have to its an option)

if they did bring PVP back I know I would love it not sure that my hands would tho this getting older stuff is for the birds
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Trended Active Player

I completely agree with the weapon combos, but no point putting rewards there tho if gameplay is dead
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it wouldn't be dead then and those server are still up and running and the whole game is in them its kind of nice actually in those phases
  11. Trended Active Player

If you want pve players to like pvp why force them to play dead pvp for rewards.They simple wont like it and will make hate it even more therefore showing devs monetization is not possible no1 likes it
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I personally could give a crap what strictly PVE players want. and with my suggestion no-one is forced to play anything
    you obviously weren't around when these worlds were thriving
    90% of all villain's used to live full time in PVP phase it wasn't until they started making DLC zones were we all shared a starting location that killed it because you couldn't finish your missions because of population imbalances with heroes and villain's being so imbalanced
    • Like x 3
  13. Frankzilla Committed Player

pvp is only dead because rewards suck you should be able to progress you players just like pve by getting gear drops. An people rather sit and the watch tower dueling exploiting certain advantages making them seem better than they actually are. I propose making dueling follow the same rules as arena reduced shielding no arts no gen mods etc so its not such a big drop off in arena. the dueling should translate equally to the arena.
    • Like x 2
  14. Trended Active Player

people dont pvp for rewards look at fortnite cod anything you pvp for fun point blank if you dont like it then u a pve player simple
    • Like x 1
  15. Frankzilla Committed Player

they might not pvp for rewards but it would give incentive to participate helping to rebuild the community. As well as create another lane to progress your character making more active players get loot looked or bored with pve go pvp its a win win. An it doesn't mean just give gear they can give cash rewards as well which can benefit the in game economy base items old styles all of that could ignite pvp.
  16. Trended Active Player

The community isn't going to rebuild if the whole thing it is based on doesn't work also cash rewards lmao inflation is already killing the game most good items cannot even be obtained by broker as only 1bill can be put up there. I like pvp but just putting rewards isnt fixing it lets be real they need to fix the actual pvp before any incentive is even thought about. ty
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

How much money does/did pvp ever make the game?
    • Like x 2
  18. Trended Active Player

More than you think i used to only play this game for pvp.That meant i bought memembership, Power respecs, booster bundles and so on
    • Like x 2
  19. Chewsy Well-Known Player

Agreed. If PvP is no longer going to be supported, then the least the devs can do is make it possible to progress and get gear. My friend and I are OG players, but we have new PC accounts after taking a long break and quitting from PS. The only way we can even participate in PvP is by grinding LPvP. And I mean GRINDING. The queues take forever to pop, and we usually destroyed by people abusing the broken mechanics and OP characters, so we get nearly no marks.

Ring War/Diamond Heist is a JOKE and only drops ONE mark of valor. Really?!! Imagine if these things dropped random pieces of PvP gear. Maybe not as power as the gear in the vendors, but at least like a PvP CR 96 set and then sets in between each tier once you get the whole vendor set. My friend and I can’t even play arenas because we get oneshot, even tho we are max PvE CR. And since we got half our gear, we tried again and got matched twice in a row with the same speedhacker, so... -__-

- Increase RW/DH rewards from 1 —> 100 marks of valor + 1 PvP gear drop (lower than next PvP tier)
    - Add same gear drops to arenas and LPVP
    - Increase LPVP rewards from 1 mark of legend (loss) and 2 (win) —> 2 (loss) and 4 (win)

Almost no one queues PvP. It’s unreasonable to think anyone would enjoy waiting for these 30+ min queues and grinding this with so few rewards.
  20. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

With the 2023 graphics update i would include.....
    Style tab, 4 saves of a set default pay for more save slots. No armory needed. 2 save slots for premium, and no save slots for free capacity users.
    set fire to R&D table ui... and burn the entire UI. after seeing the accomplishment of UI systems in Lost Ark.... ya got a Lot a steps to make it modern, useful, relevant with proper descriptions and stats. ..... it's an old game years in development before releasing on PS3. Taking lessons/learning from the accomplishes and errors from other games is not a bad thing.

PVP... i hope when they rebuild Gotham and Metropolis to rid the beginner game of some user experiencing lag (have you done races in those maps since launch?) They make new asset systems and optimize the game on all the current systems that are not the discontinued PS3 system support.

PvP mode... i replaced that with using other games. :oops: I'd imagine Villain characters still get a higher chance to be put into a PvP instance than a hero character. Did task force x/suicide squad change that matchmaking formula?
    [IMG]