Trans+Strat+Jackhammer?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by catplaysxoxo, Jan 20, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Does that produce good numbers? If your hitting more crits often by spamming jackhammer and getting the other art to proc more often would it produce good numbers? I don’t have either artifact lol and I would need to level them up from scratch just curious. I don’t know the way I have my earth battle tank setup it seems to be stronger than my rage battle tank. The thing is I’m only spamming jackhammer and I’m like five or six CRs below my rage tank and with less skill points, on top of that my rage battle tank uses about three strong hitting attacks.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Just my input:
    The strat card works best with lots of hits going (like dot's), and early on with enemies when they're not dying fast. So, with a battle tank, you're likely not putting enemies down in dps time. If you are putting them down real quick, the strat might not be best option. But the time you get a proc, it might hit once or twice (roughly 10-15k normal hit). So using something like grim or Quislet would be more beneficial. Even a scrap would be more beneficial for filling SC.

The trans will increase your overall damage output by increasing criticals.

From what I've watched in my combat log (running actual content) with my battle tank, I get better damage out without the strat card, using Quislet/or grim (as it's constant damage). Quislet in my opinion would be better, for the mega blast (activates every x seconds when you use a power).

Early on (low levels artifacts) Quislet at 120 produces more than strategist. High end levels, Quislet does damage and gains you SC.

My suggestion: not use strategist for battle tank. Transformation, pet artifact, and preferred tank artifact.
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I’m close to having quislet at 120 so that’s cool. I guess I don’t have to spend my time ranking those two arts. My supercharge is pheromone bloom. I don’t really need it whenever there’s a healer in the group it’s mostly for solo. I don’t like any of the damaging supercharges from earth. If I had eye I could get my supercharge really quick and be healed twice but again it’s mostly for solo lol I’m trying to get my damage higher though. Not sure if there’s room for improvement. I have quis, grim and source shard. Not really liking source shard.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

There's a buff for your pet isn't there? The ideal way to use source shard, is to hit godwave just before an attack, then when your pet uses it's full charge attack, hit the pet buff again before godwave expires. I use a sorcery pet build, and it does amazing. Source shard is best at 200, but 160 is great.

I would think with the 3 pets, and spam jackhammer, that godwave would reset nicely (unless it doesn't reset on a combo power). Transformation would be a great addition without source shard being used, as it does significantly increase total damage output.
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I don’t have source shard at 120 and it’s tricky when I use it because it can give it to either pet.
    • Like x 1
  6. fm0987 Committed Player

Entomb is kind of a boring supercharge since most of the time the control effects don’t do anything but I believe it is one of the top SC in terms of dps
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I tried that supercharge so much but I don’t see it. Maybe it’s the coloring of the damage on screen or something. I do good burst damage with pheromone bloom and heal back plus it’s cheaper. I sort of like the stomping supercharge but it takes too long. Maybe if I have Quislet at 200 and eye of gemini but that would mean taking out sourced shard. I guess I can give entomb another try.
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

I just completely restarted my earth guy from prec back to might, his artifacts & augments arent maxed, & his sp is barely 400. I hit entomb on Cerberus for 1,160,000. Its definitely hit or miss if it crits high, but when it does it hits massively
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

And what are your arts? I assume you’re hitting that much because of your high skill points. When I use emtomb I’m seeing dot damage. Like the damage doesn’t show up like how pheromone bloom would. Maybe I’m better off using Neo venom.
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It's shown worth (to me, and in my opinion) at 160 (hits 2 pets and the %25 chance to reset). It'll likely be the first artifact on my sorcery that I'll take to 200 (in due time), for the 3 pet buff.

May be worthwhile to check out the Master might dps thread in Oracle database, just to get some ideas on artifact combinations for you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

99 strategist, 138 grim, 118 transformation. Nothing too crazy yet as I restarted from scratch w him because i had no plans to go might originally
  12. Siramez Well-Known Player

if its cerberus from anniversary open world, during the doggy treat, you do a lot of damage to him.
  13. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Because of Dom requirements, Entomb won't encase a boss, so it shatters immediately. That's why you rarely see its effects. This is good though because otherwise, the damage can be delayed until the Entomb crystal shatters.
  14. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd honestly be in favor of changing the visual of Entomb entirely or creating a secondary visual if it fails the dominance check. It has utility but it is still boring lol. I wish Earthquake was better. It is probably one of the most spectacular looking SCs in the game.
    • Like x 2
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Godwave does not reset with combos. Earth does have options thou. Jackhammer clipped with one ability clipped again with unstoppable means you have more chances to reset. Then go back into jackhammer and clip jackhammer with jackhammer. Jackhammer has a 3 second cooldown. So you can combo for 3 seconds then clip it with itself.

Entomb is the highest damaging SC in the game. If the enemy is an add you will encase the add and then it will explode damaging it and all nearby enemies. On bosses, they do not get encased, but the damage does still happen after a few seconds. If you look at Towwe, an earth dps can cast entomb on one of the batmans and they will be nuked in a few seconds when it explodes. in the Lex fight in the elite duo you can use it to skip one of the Sinestros phases, putting him instantly into the next phase as soon as he it targetable. I will often cast entomb while I am in the green shield. If you time it correctly, the damage will appear as soon as he leaves the invulnerable phase and go straight into the next add phase.

Entomb actually has 2 visuals. The first is the giant crystal that appears on adds. However there is a second visual. That is a dome of what appears to be sand. The Dome swirls over and under until the explosion happens. Its a lowkey animation but if you pay attention you can see it.
    • Like x 2
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

If you use Emtomb on a boss no amount of dominance is going to change it. When I was testing Emtomb on Open-World Bounties I couldn’t tell visually where the big number was at. All I saw was brown yucky numbers. Earthquake is a garbage supercharge. Just like Amazonium Deflection, one slight touch and you’ll miss out on your full Earthquake damage. I noticed this annoyance when fighting the bosses and enemies from FOS3.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You shouldnt have to see it. Just open a combat tab and pop entomb. When it pops you will see it in the combat tab.
    • Like x 1
  18. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

There might be some visuals going wrong from my awareness because I can easily see how high my pheromone bloom hits compared to Emtomb. Green and yellow is easy to notice but for Emtomb it’s neither of those colors. Maybe it’s just me but regardless I had already decided since this thread or another came up that my supercharge will be pheromone bloom even if there’s a healer. It does good burst damage and can be used more frequently. EOG is just overkill. Pheromone Bloom, soda and supply drop is all I need.
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I know that, but why shouldn’t I have to see it? Genuine question honestly. If we have visuals to tell which is which why shouldn’t I be able to see it clearly when I use Emtomb? The brown yucky color is really bad. If you’re fighting and don’t have time to open the tab to see the combat log then I have to rely on the visual numbers for that supercharge.
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

They are not brown numbers. It is a might based attack meaning it will be a might tick. I have never had any issue seeing it. Go to a sparring target and take off all pets and use entomb. Just keep looking and you will see the number.