Devs:Stat clamp to old content is quite obtuse

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Drathmor Unwavering Player

• Like x 1
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

looks like their getting their way with what I posted above but Zneeak is right they will still complain because they are being catered too

and I agree solowing eventually people will move on as time distances them for the god mod that we had for so long
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

When did I say I expect it to be removed? I don't. I don't even lobby for it to be removed, but I'm also not lobbying for surgical strikes against the things that actually provide a challenge....that's someone else. I'm saying if you are going to make every run like ToTD now....why bother with the clamp? If it goes down to having to solo 'battle' finish something because the rest of the group can't cut it...why have the clamp? Of course I'm talking random queues....made groups are a different subject.

I never lobbied for marks/gear in old content and was fine and source heavy with relevancy, so while 'some' might want marks in unclamped content...that's not me...as you correctly assume. I'll take the new influx of source I get(the weekly missions and some bounties), but I'd be fine without it. 50K+ source should be enough for a few months.

You are correct though, If the clamp were lifted(or made an option), I'd want what was there before which was some old crap gear, a source in the chooser and yes....the old feats that were there before. I'm not asking for it...I've got plenty of all of that, but I've played for 8 or 9 years. The guy who starts today can't say the same thing. Sucks to be them I guess.

My initial response (aside from the shot at Solowing about solos being clamped....yet are not really 'multiplayer'), was against the fact that BumblingB said people not wanting to run the clamp are either 'Lazy' or 'Haven't tried it'. To say there is a 3rd option is tried it and found it lacking....too time consuming or tedious and not worth the effort....I stand by that. I am not really speaking against the clamp...I'm against the players who we meet in there....and yes....that meeting is due to the clamp and omni....which are essentially lumped together. Only in the stabilizer run and events (both of which were always clamped) have I seen as many trash players as in the handful of Omni raids I run each week. I'm sure they were always there...but I didn't run with them. And before you say I did.....save it, cause I didn't....I hardly ever open queued into old content pre-clamp....full groups or 'then you can leave' groups was how I mainly did it.

I'm still not sure where this incessant need to convince people that they should enjoy it comes from. I'm not sure if you are getting a cut of the proceeds, or were part of the development and take it personally? I'm not lobbying to remove it...I'm not telling others not to run it....I'm not even lobbying to have parts nerfed so hard that they might as well be removed (ToTD or WV OW bounties)...so why does it matter that I choose not to participate in it or participate as minimally as possible? I'm not trying to convince you NOT to run it or enjoy it....you do you...I'll do me. I've got my EEG playlist tuned in pretty tight now....with an occasional accidental 'x' press if I'm fighting when the queue pops where I might need to make a decision in the run to leave or stay. I take those few occasions as I find them. The bad ones I like to come on and report here....mainly because it riles up people like you and Solowing....but partially just to vent about another crap Omni run. I have far more successful runs than fails in Omni/clamp as I choose the right runs, but we all know bad news travels faster than good. To be fair though I have posted a few about endgame LOD runs and dopey players recently....so yeah, it's not just the clamp at play.
    • Like x 2
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Let e get this straight, they are bumping up the cr again?? Charon should get they dont give a damn about a +5 cr bump. They want it GONE.

Why do raids need to be fail-proof? Because ill end up relegating this game back to "chat room" status if a +20 returns faceroll status.

The community needs to be held to a standard, rather then nerf everything that requires a degree of teamwork.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think that it was referring to Elite content mainly, but the panic and outrage that you are feeling over the change feeds my soul....
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

If its going for elite, then im 100% behind it. Since i cant even get into any elites outside of the current content duo/alert lol

I just dont want the game going back to faceroll, it worries me because i dont want to get bored with it again.

(Yea, im rather animated in my element lol)
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

NO NO NO!

We earned our stats! Yes I want to keep more of What I Earned! Like +20 is going to “face roll” anything, HA, no it won’t. Plus 20 is not going to ruin yours or anyone else’s game experience. The Devs are trying to make the stat clamp tax more palpable to us who hate the clamp. Why must you be so against it? Why can’t we keep more of what we earned? With +20 I might can tolerate running old elite again.
    • Like x 3
  8. the solowing Steadfast Player

Because its boring. If i dont need to worry about anything when running content. Why do i care to run the content if it lacks any threat whatsoever?
    • Like x 2
  9. BumblingB I got better.

Charon said:
    It is making Elite work like Normal. It's not catering to the casuals that allow players to steamroll content. This will still be Elite. It will still have the 1 death rule and more mechanics.

Right now, there is a HUGE difference between EEG Normal and EEG Elite. Normal gets the EEG buff, is +15 over, piercing, and the stats on enemies are adjusted to work with the clamp. Elite right now is just +10 and piercing. That's it. That was the problem. When content is in Current End Game, the difference between Normal EG and Elite EG is 1 death, mechanics, and the ability to outgear it. When it hits EEG, the difference skyrockets, because they weren't adjusting Elite. They were just clamping it.

I for one am glad they are addressing Elite EEG. It really needed to be addressed and I'm hoping these changes will help everyone.
    • Like x 3
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Crazy I wonder how long they’re going to keep increasing the cr for EEG. Oh well, that just means I’ll be even powerful. I am curious on the elite aspect. When Rip in Time came out the regular was not that difficult unless you ignored the mechanic. The elite version was brutal even for end game players (before stats clamp). Would this mean that elite alert is going to be nerfed because of them increasing the cr for EEG? Is the Elite changes only for raids or for all elite content?
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I think it will be across the board, but right now there are only a few clamped non raid Elite content.

I don't think non clamped content will be adjusted. So I think you don't have to worry.
    • Like x 1
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Maybe the devs should give us a guide to all the mechanics that are for each elite content. Raising the CR and adjusting thing won’t stop players from failing due to not knowing or ignoring the mechanics.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Did you just admit you come here to troll me :p

Haha, don't take it wrong way, but I'm not riled :D

Im not even against the more recent changes Charon highlighted, but it gets to a point where content, even clamped becomes so easy the complaints become entirely disingenuous.

Eventually you do just have to say to some players

"you know what, you actually just suck at the game" ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Actually to a competent player +20 will indeed be erring very closely to faceroll time.
    • Like x 4
  15. BumblingB I got better.

I'm waiting to see this in action. Right now we are +10 with full piercing, soon we will be +20, full piercing, EEG buff, and adjusted NPCs to be more in line with Normal.

This is also Elite. I don't think they should touch the mechanics, but we need breather room to be successful. We no longer can outgear the content, hopefully, this will be the next best thing.
    • Like x 1
  16. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Could've just done this...

Old Group content (Duos, Alerts, Raids)= clamped down to the same CR difference between min endgame and max endgame (40+ CR or whatever it is)..get rid of the piercing stuff..let everything come through..most of the stats are coming from gear anyways..

So..if you're past the content's max CR you get the max..if you're lower than the min, you get the min..but you get all your SP, etc

Can't "one shot"..can't "ruin the new player experience" (as if most of you even really care about that) that way

Old elite group content= clamped down to 2x the CR difference between min endgame/max endgame, all of your SP etc

Solos=no clamp

Open Worlds=no clamp

..and I doubt many people would've given a ****

But instead they clamped the entire game (to +10 CR at first?!)..and the way they are doing things (piercing, adjusting things instance by instance, etc)..it's all more work than it needs to be..waste of time and effort..time and effort that could be focused elsewhere..content maybe?
    • Like x 3
  17. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah....it was mostly a joke.....mostly. I don't like the clamp, but again...it doesn't bother me as I avoid it as much as possible. I do like sharing the horror stories though....maybe thats a trolling thing? Maybe not.

My point exactly on how much they are going to back off of it. If they back off far enough, my point was why even have it?

I say that every day....once in a while while looking at the mirror.
    • Like x 1
  18. Alpha Maximum Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Exactly.
    • Like x 2
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

This is the issue thou. You can’t keep comparing the game to how it was a few months ago. Or to last year. Some players prefer AMs because they like it while others prefer AMs because it was braindead easy and carried their damage. Before that the biggest skilled based power was HL with its extreme speed clipping. The state of the game in the past is a reason why we have issues today. People relying on one shorting bosses to beat content thinking they can do the same in endgame. People comparing the game at 2 different points in time. Whether people like it or not stats clamp was needed for the long term health of the game. And while I agree that cr skips aren’t helping when used by a new players, most cr skilled toons are held by players who already had previous toons. I have 8 cr skipped toons all of them below 200sp and the majority of them closer to 100sp. They have artifacts ranging between 80-120. Yet I’m able to compete things on them including Omni raids. While the cr skip is the helping, it’s also not the main issue. Same with stats clamp. While it’s not helping the less skipped players it’s also not the main issue. It’s other players. Players not wanting to do mechanics and thinking it’s everyone else’s job to do them. Thinking they can face roll everything and expects the tanks to stop the adds from killing them and expects the healers from letting them die. The main issue is players refusal to follow simple instructions.

So instead of trying to bandaid the issues why not try to find a way to tackle the real issue. And that is player skills.
    • Like x 1