Dwight Schultz

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Why did they completely obliterate him from the game? I mean, I know they're not using Adam Baldwin and Arleen Sorkin anymore but you can still here them around the game but Schultz is completely gone. What gives?
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

I had no idea who this guy is, but i had no clue he was Dr Animo and DCUOs Flash!
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Doesn't he voice our Flash and Martian Manhunter?
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

He played Murdoch in the original A-Team and he was Reg Barclay on Star Trek: TNG. He used to voice Flash, Martian Manhunter, and Dr. Fate I believe. Now he's nowhere to be heard.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Not anymore. Still hear Jans on my Ambush Bug in my lair though.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Could be any number of reasons. Maybe he got too expensive, maybe the scheduling didn't work out, maybe they wanted the reduce the number of voice actors they have. Who knows.

Edit: wait, maybe I misread your original comment. Do you mean the older voice lines have been re-recorded with a different actor? Whenever they changed actor they used to get them to re-do all the older lines, like when Wonder Woman changed from Gina Torres to Susan Eisenberg they had Susan go back and re-do all the lines Gina had already done. Maybe they did the same here. They did stop doing that eventually, like with Superman and Harley Quinn as mentioned.
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

This. While Arleen Sorkin(Harley) and Adam Baldwin(Superman) are still in older content, every character by Dwight Schultz has been re-voiced. I think the only original voice actors that haven't been replaced in any form are Michelle Forbes(Circe) and Mark Hamill(Joker) however Bat Who Laughs is not Mark Hamill. I can understand changing because of money or the actor not being available but there's no reason to replace the older content.
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Batman Who Laughs I believe is also voiced by Kevin Conroy. It wouldn't make sense to have Mark Hamill voice that character.
  10. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I did run into some voices that are still Dwight Schultz. Dr. Fate in Midtown and Martian Manhunter in Chinatown and inside the Aquaman final area.
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I swear at first I thought the title said Dwight Schrute and expected to see a cosplay lmao

[IMG]
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

To be fair I found his MM and Dr. Fate to be a bit goofy sounding. Not that those characters can't be light hearted but the current VAs make Jonn and Fate sound more serious with gravitas in my opinion. As for his Barry, maybe I didn't play back then so I wouldn't know but it'd probably be alright in that manner. Maybe the devs thought some characters could use a better re-do? I do notice that Shazam for instance still has some of his original VA lines in JLD too before they got another to play him for that. His LPVE and Gotham voice vs his JLD voice. I'd like to think it's the voices of Shazam and Billy so that's why they sound different. Same for Fate, you're hearing Nelson Carter's or Nabu depending on the version. You can't really give Flash different voices or else then that'd get really weird in a Red Death situation.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I just want the old Booster Gold voice actor back. :(
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

Huh, interesting. Didn't they do the same thing when they brought Susan Eisenberg to voice Wonder Woman? at least from most stuff excluding the old comic cutscenes.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

They've done it quite a number of times. I believe Barry got recasted completely. Booster Gold was too, though that was because Spytle didn't like hearing Calculator and Booster Gold. Which, if you ask me, I never noticed until someone pointed it out. His range as an actor is actually pretty big. The guy they got to replace him was very... bored sounding.
  16. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I always though batman who laughs voice actor was the same as nightwings voice actor (joey hood) but they Do sound Very similar.
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player