Old Elite Raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Starbrand, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Starbrand Dedicated Player

I understand what the capped old raids is about but...
    Old elite raids are a pain if you don´t have a league.
    In my case, after 5 years away, my league already did the feats in old elite raids... so I have to pug.
    OMFG, impossible.

Maybe the devs can tweak something or create a prize to increase the participation of old/good players in old elite raids... dunno.
    • Like x 8
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

You can have friends outside of your current league. But yes, getting a persistent group together that communicates makes them that much smoother. LFG can be hit or miss on those sometimes.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

So because the others in your league already have the feats they just abandon all new members to the wolves, sweet league dude.
    • Like x 8
  4. BumblingB I got better.

EEG Elite needs to be addressed.

Though, a league that doesn't help with older feats isn't very friendly.
    • Like x 7
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Whaaaa? Some leagues don't want to re-hash old runs now that they are 'fun' again? Whether they have the feats or not, they should be running these Elite runs just for the challenge and fun. Please say it isn't so. I know I see all kinds of LFG shouts for Elite 'fun' (not pet) runs at least 1 time a day...er...week...er...year? You should jump on those.

BTW....I thought at one point there was talk of extending the pierce or eliminating the clamp against artis/stats outside the armor/gear in Elite? Did I dream that?
    • Like x 2
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They already did that. You didn’t notice? I didn’t either.
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I've only been in Elite a few times since the clamp...one of which was last week in DWFE for the 'omega/omega' feat. It was....less than successful. And this was a group of pretty 'capable' toons with good artis/SP, communication and seemingly new the mechanics. I was just there to help a buddy, but gave up after a dozen or so trys...2 AM 'help' for a friend only goes so far. We all still seemed pretty clamped.
    • Like x 2
  8. BumblingB I got better.

And we are. 10CR above the enemy and full piercing sounds like a lot, but it's not.

Regular we are 15CR above, piercing, player boosts, if you are in a group with someone undergeared you get more boosts, then all the ones that are added to the players being clamped up.

Really, I'm confused why they can't treat them the same. Before the clamp, the only difference between them was more mechanics, 1 death, and higher stats on enemies.
    • Like x 5
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I guess it was because of all those times you were in there and saw Elite Darksied one shotted....right? Revenge?
  10. Charon Lead Content Designer

We're looking at the following, soon™:
    • Increasing cap for those scaled down to +20 across the board (yes that cap diminishes as elite content dings up after each boss - usually +2 CR per boss).
    • EGG buff being available in Elite but without the restriction of half the team being at or under level.
    • More surgical strikes in removing a bunch of extra stats we usually layer on at end game due to making elite a challenge for maxed out players in the end game experience.
    • Like x 18
  11. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you for keeping us posted. I will look forward to trying these changes on test.
    • Like x 3
  12. Starbrand Dedicated Player

No, my league is pretty friendly... I just don´t like to importunate them with my feats :)
  13. Starbrand Dedicated Player

ODYSSEY is pretty friendly... but it is NOT the issue. I really think the Elite raids are too hard for pugs, that´s it.
  14. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

Why not give us a amanda Walter box, and randomize the elite raid?

Example:
    Bobs In order to Open amanda Walter box this week needs to complete DWFe
    Steven in order to Open Amanda Walter Box, needs to complete USe.

I dont think making the elite raids even more easier is the solution.
    I think there needs to be ajustements with feats in general. No new player in his right mind can catch up 10+ years of feats.

There are quite a few ways to tackle this feat problem.
    1) Grant contributions points everytime members in a given instance get a feat.
    2) Shrink the Instances pool and Rotate them.
  15. Sleeping Forest Active Player

Sorry to hear about your league leaving you in the dust like that after they have acquired all the feats.
  16. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

Maybe you can shed some light onto this for me: I remember when the “big update” with omnibus, etc was announced. In that announcement it says, “ Combat Rating Relevancy will be REMOVED FROM THE GAME. Period. Paragraph. Full stop.”. Is this not true?

If it is true, why would raising CR matter?

CR still, and will always, be tied to damage, etc as the gear has an item level and stats that increase. Thus, stats increasing with CR; CR still matters as much as it ever has?

Not complaining at all, just looking for some kind of clarification. Thanks.
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Combat Rating Relevancy was related to your reward. You fall out of relevancy, and you would no longer get rewards. When Omnibus came in, you now got reward no matter if it was a T1 solo or a T5 raid. You always got gear and marks.

You are thinking Combat Rating Differential, which is not the clamp. CR Differential literally put yourself as a number and that number was compared to the enemy's number which gave you how much damage you did. If you were below it, you were doing less damage and taking more damage. If you were the same number (within a few points, IIRC) you would be doing the damage you were supposed to do at that level. If you were above it, you would be doing more damage and receiving less damage. And the further away from the numbers determined even more or less.

The clamp is different. The clamp is your gear values at a specific CR set and I believe its probably set to the vendor values for that specific piece of content. (Example, Wonderverse vendor gear = Wonderverse CR.) They then increase the stats +15/10 (right now and soon to be +20) CR. This increases your stats numbers up, which also allows for piercing to increase. In this regard, you start to "out gear" the content.

CR Relevancy was related to rewards.
    CR Differential was you were a number.
    Clamp is your gear pieces are set to a predetermined value.

I hope this helps.
    • Like x 6
  18. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

This makes a ton of sense, thank you for the response! Definitely clarified things for me.
    • Like x 3
  19. BloodIust Active Player

Will this mean that e raids like dme we wont be 30 cr below the boss and 20 below the cr we were when content was relevant( ran dme yesterday n got destroyed as ice) we are 273 cr but when it was relevant we were 290 boss is 300 +cr
  20. BumblingB I got better.

It means we will be clamped down to 20CR above the enemy NPCs, including the bosses.

So if the content is 275 enemies, we will be 295. (Live right now, normal is 290 and elite is 285.)
    • Like x 1