Tell us what Base items you would like to see next!

Discussion in 'Developer Discussions' started by Mepps, Jul 16, 2013.

1. BurningRadiator New Player

Vault/Bank-like items, such as a vault door or safes etc

League Hall Donation Box amenity

Lantern Rings or Power Battery displays

Customisable weapon display case/rack (using collected styles)
  2. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Would love to see..

Mister Miracle stunt show posters

Zatanna magic show posters

Booster Gold advertisement posters

One of my favorite base items is the Technology of the Green Lantern Corp Exhibition sign/poster..

would love to see more things like this throughout the game
    • Like x 1
  3. shoegazer Well-Known Player

Customizable weapon display case/would be awesome
  4. Doctor England New Player

Boom Tube floor and wall items would be great!! It’s still wild to me that we don’t have any boom tubes!
    • Like x 2
  5. shoegazer Well-Known Player

This^

More Fourth World/New Gods stuff please
  6. Shazammm Well-Known Player

Yeah, this would be nice. Also any kind of free standing swirling vortex portal looking stuff. Would make my teleporter look way cooler.
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Customizable amenities Instead of being locked to the bases overall theme, have them just be choosable skins. That way, if you have a penthouse or Manor type lair you can still make your teleporter/armory/bank/mailbox etc….look like they belong in say… a forest/arctic desert/ hellish etc… base?
    • Like x 1
  8. Northernfire New Player

Interactive lighting with appropriate shading angles. More Divine and Corrupted iconography like storied stain glass windows. Reskinning bases to remove the window wall. More interactive Ivy and Swamp Thing themed plants. Replica of Kal El's baby ship, Interactive doors. Having the teleporter for the base being able to be made into one of the wall doors( or even a different decoration door made to link to a teleportation generator mod. ie zeus door leads to leagues and base halls, Wayne manor door leads to Gotham, Legionnaires teleport replica leads to Urgent Warfronts, and any combo there in for this)
    • Like x 1
  9. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

The lit version of Macabre Candle Holder seen in Chaos Gotham (it turns on & off)
    • Like x 3
  10. El El Committed Player

Npc base items and iconic base items
  11. Shazammm Well-Known Player

An interactive one that you could light yourself would be cool. Actually, any kind of interactive light sources (table lamps, floor lamps, candles, fire pits, etc.) would be cool.
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I made a thread about it on General Discussion, but realized it might be more appropriate to post it here as well:

Idea for League Hall base items: Elite Boss Statues of Triumph!
    Similar to the regular Statue of Triumphs recently released, except only available after completing elite raids, and with added "enhanced" effect (perhaps larger as well?).

Would be nice to decorate your league hall with these as a sign of accomplishment, such as EverQuest 2 has implemented with Trophy Heads of defeated bosses.

No feats attached, you would unlock them with a headline, and they would be just to decorate the league hall to show off the league accomplishments. Also, not only available on anniversary vendor. Perhaps on the new base item vendor being released soon, or even looted from the elite boss itself.
    • Like x 1
  13. Achikah All About That Base

Halloween/The Witching Hours Seasonal Furniture Ideas

Open Van Helsing Doors- The Van Helsing Doors are probably one of my favorite pieces of furniture, ever. However, as someone who curates their base obsessively, I really loathe breaking objects when going through or touring. If there's any way at all a variant could be introduced next seasonal where the doorway is open- either with the doors angled like the Theater Doors-Open from Valentine's Day or just with the door omitted all together, I'd be over the moon.

Enchanted Broom- An animated base pet that floats around, possibly with a sweeping or other fun animation.

Haunted Mirror- I know logistically making a reflecting surface in-game is a ridiculous ask, but I did have a fun concept that would satiate the want for a mirror base item while also making it more doable. Much like the animated paintings, maybe make an old Victorian mirror, tinted over like the Olympian Moon Mirror, and animate different effects onto it. One could be a ghoulish face, another the mirror slowly cracks, or it could fog up with a spooky message, maybe drip with blood. Really, the ball's in your court. Bottom line- a spooky mirror.

Limbed Clusters Floor/Ceiling/Wall- this one is a mighty want for my haunted house: hands much like the Arkham Grave hands but in large clusters on varying surfaces, as if something is reaching out and grasping from behind the wall/floor/ceiling. They could be opaque or spectral, but ya, just a bunch of creepy limbs for maximum spookiness.

Sanguine/Inky Ooze variations (dripping/puddle/pool/etc)-I know blood and gore have probably been asked for a million times over, and I understand why they haven't been placed in the game yet given the grizzly aspects. However, given the fountain added during Wonderverse and it's coinciding blood room in FGS, I propose making Sanguine items for the next Halloween seasonal. If that's too much, maybe instead of red you tint them black, like ink. Green could also work as well to go with the Haunted items, or heck, all three with recoloring/skins. You could do various iterations of it such as Dripping(Ceiling and Wall,) Puddle, Pool, Splatter, Hand/Footprints, etc.

The next few items are ones I've suggested before, but I wanted to place them here under the whole seasonal suggestion for easier reference. These could also be for the Spring seasonal, but since the Autumn Trees drop during The Witching Hour I figured I'd place them here.

Old/Tall/Sparse/Full Autumn Tree variants- Same as the current Autumn tree but just having different variations as the Cherry Blossoms and Oaks have from the Spring seasonal.

Autumn Canopy variants- Just to complete the autumn foliage set for a cohesive base. A recoloring of the Cherry Blossom set would be perfect, especially with the fallen leaves coming down.

Harvest Moon Skylight- This would be a reskin the Enchanted Forest Skylight. It'd have the same autumn leaf colors and the portal aspect could be replaced with a warmer-toned black night sky and a bright yellow harvest moon, or there could be a blood moon variant too with the gnarled Halloween branches and violet or black foliage.

Dead Grass Patches (Large and Small variations)- Again, just another thing to add to an autumn base to utilize the trunks and branches already in the game. A recolor of normal grass patches but just brown/browning for more of a fall ambiance.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  14. Lian Harper New Player

General
    I like to create bases as extensions of the characters I create.
    We need Base items that reflect the Powers, Weapons, and Mentors of our characters. I'd like to be able to have a quiver, or arrow making tools. Maybe a sword rack or sword/ax/blade sharpener. Mounted Crossed Swords. Martial arts trophies or Framed Belts. Otherwise Mounted or Stored weapons - tools for enhancing or caring for them or trying them out.

Base items based on characters like the Justice League/of Doom- Statues of Mentors or uniform displays ie Batcave.

Wallpaper
    Bases start out so dark, it would be great just to be able to "paint" the walls and add a bit of color.

Halloween
    How about a Scarecrow that looks like Scarecrow?
    Other 'scary' items meant to be facsimiles of one's opponents
    Orange and Black lights and wreaths, similar to how the town is decked
    Halloween tree

Season's Greedings
    More Lantern items that can be used year round - and All Lantern Corps
    Winter sports items - ski lodge, skating rink
    Group String of Blue Holiday Ceiling Lights
    Falling Snow

My one issue I have with the Winter holiday event is its ending. How do we 'teach Larfleeze the meaning of the holidays - generosity' when we just beat the snot out of him and (likely) throw him in jail? It always pains me because once you know his backstory, he is such a pathetic character.
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

thank you!!!
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

can we have a league hall sized disco ball?
  17. Achikah All About That Base

Summer/Tides of War Seasonal Furniture Ideas

The theme of this suggestion would be Desert Island, filling in the gaps from the smaller showcases of pirate styles and island themes throughout the various years of Tides of War.

Arid/Desert/Island Rocks (leaning/group/formation): A reskin of the St. Patrick's Day rocks, just in a warmer color pallet to feel more attune to a desert/island locale.
    Grotto Cavern: A larger base item that'd be a dome/cloister of rocks that a character could venture into, like a small cave. Possibly with an oculus, maybe some ivy/moss/markings on the walls.
    Driftwood: Just a washed up piece of driftwood for any beach/ocean theme.
    Large Palm Trees: Just a size variation on the Palm Tree item from the past.
    Fallen Coconuts: A few scattered coconuts that could be placed on the ground, or on a sand mass.
    Leafy Island Shrubs/Bushes/etc: Just a variety of tropical/island based flora.
    Tide Pool: A rocky enclosure, similar to the Miniature Pond, but more oceanic themed, maybe with some shells, oysters, starfish or other various sea life.

Shipwrecked Set
    This would be a set of debris that resembles piece of a crashed wooden ship. The piece could be self sustaining or be placed in sand mound to facilitate the shipwrecked effect. Potential items could include-
    Shipwrecked Mast, Shipwrecked Figurehead/Foremast, Shipwrecked Crow's Nest, Shipwrecked Cannon, etc.
    Also, Shipwrecked Debris (Various/Scattered/Sparse): To go with the set; various waterlogged pieces of debris from the ship, such as planks, crates, barrel, ropes, nets, etc.

Lighthouse (animated): This would be a larger base item, probably only able to be placed in larger base rooms or a league hall. It'd pretty much function as a large Lighthouse spire with an animated light at the top that'd rotate around.

Crashing Tide: Absolutely no idea if this is possible, but if there's anyway to simulate an animated tide ebb, that'd be amazing. It could be a transparent item, like the Blankets of Fog, that could be placed atop the Water Puddles and moves some seaform or gentle waves. Again, no idea if this is even doable or worth the work it'd take, but just wanted to add the idea.

Thanks!
    • Like x 1
  18. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Great ideas, i will add on with

•Animated Seagull Flock

•Animated Crabs

•X marks the spot

•Hot Spring formation that is deep enough to sit in submerged

•Pirate Remains (reskin skeletons with pirate garb & eyepatches to look like dead pirates)

•Sand & Shovel (exactly like the dirt version but with sand, can do snow for winter)

•Periscope ceiling item

•Animated Kraken Tentacles

•Jolly Roger Flag (please oh please oh please)

•Pile Of Gold w/Precious Gems

•Dug Treasure (this will create a hole in the floor to place other items in)
    • Like x 1
  19. Slarius New Player

I would love to have a destroyed Quislet with smoke coming out of it
  20. Avelox Active Player

I think at this point in time the devs should make a static change to how base items are useable throughout the lair. Allowing us to place floor, wall, and ceiling items on the floor, wall, & ceiling. Being able to place certain floor items on the ceiling or wall for instance would allow us to use dividers to fully section off sections of our base in new and exciting ways. Think about it devs!