the "2 hours" crash...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Playing on PC, the game suddenly closes after 2 hours of play, at first, I thought it was a joke when it was mentioned to me, but with more attention to it, this problem happens, I don't know if it happens on console, but on PC it's frequent, I haven't checked if it's systematic, but I have the feeling that it is and it's really unpleasant, the game suddenly closes as if you were closing a web page, no message/error report, nothing.

Are the devs aware of this very annoying problem?
  2. Plowed In Loyal Player

Well, I play on PS5 in NA and I stay connected longer than 2 hours. Not sure if it’s a PC vs console, or NA vs EU, or my internet vs your internet. You say frequent…as is 100% of the time or no?
    • Like x 1
  3. Berza Committed Player

I play on PC on EU server and I never crash. I have a laptop with 6gb RAM, a 7th Gen i5 and a Nvidia gpu, all around 4 or 5 years old. Check your drivers and windows task manager to see if there is something using too much resources.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

US/PC I have had NO issues. this is going from now back 5 years. Before that it was windows visual c++ that caused my issues
  5. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

That's what I don't know yet, I have a feeling that it is, but without certainty in reality, in the future I will try to be more attentive to this to confirm it.
  6. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

I've read about this over the years. USPC user, can't recall experiencing it, nor was watching a clock. When i read them, wondered if their users like my parents, never delete the cache, disable apps running in the background, etc. Now they have tablets and phones and they have everything open all the time. It's marketed as open apps are not doing anything, and i don't believe it. ....is there a task manager for a phone or tablet? I bet if I could open the equivalent on a phone or tablet, it's include adobe update services even if I just have the PDF app. ...don't throw away the install disks!
  7. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

It used to be possible to disable apps. Adobe has evolved. I'm not yet been motivated enough to figure out how to permanently disable abobe running in the background for no reason. When the app is active/open, it's understandable. grrrrrr

Oh, so many disabled at startup. 3rd party F'ers. You shall not pass!
    [IMG]
    one might think that disabling the app at startup prevent them from running in the background.... wrong. wtf?
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I play on PC and I haven't crashed in like 5 years, maybe even longer.
    • Like x 1
  9. Stranger Well-Known Player

I can confirm. Mostly happens to my when speaking to vendor or in loading screen.

Edit: PC player
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I'm PC, no crashing on my computer, but, I have two league mates that do crash randomly.

I think it probably has to do with optimization on specific hardware.
    • Like x 2
  11. Aetrius Well-Known Player

I play PC and very rarely crash (just once since I came back to the game in August). One of my leaguemates had very frequent crashes, but he was running the version from Steam. Switched to the direct download version and his problems have greatly diminished, so you might consider trying that if it applies to you.

The only issue I've had running DCUO on PC was random minimizing of the game if I run it in fullscreen mode. I haven't been able to track that one down yet, but it doesn't happen as long as I leave it in windowed mode.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

if your playing on PC there are a ton of factors that could be happening to you. resources being pushed too hard, memory leakage, driver conflicts, sleep timers. this list could go on and on and on ect...
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I play Steam version, no crashing. So I don't think that would be it. It's possible your leaguemate had a problem file that was fix with a clean install.

As for your other issue, that sounds like there is a program that is stealing focus. Because at full screen, it has to minimize if you alt tab or go to another window, where windowed mode, it can be behind other windows.

I don't play full screen, I prefer windowed mode. Wish we could get borderless windowed mode though.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

To answer the question, we are not aware of or working on any specific PC crash. If you can get it to happen consistently, please do share. You may also want to open a ticket with our support team to try to troubleshoot.
    • Like x 3
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I play on PS4 and PC through both the normal launcher and steam and I don't even remember the last time it crashed on PC. On PS4 though, I get crashes a few times a week, usually when teleporting or warping to rally.
  16. useless Well-Known Player

I'm on PS4 and my few friends also ,we run stuff every day (late night after work actually) and we got used to it lol.It is a little pain in the ... but well,shht happens lol.
    It's practically on daily basis thet some of us get kicked from game and its usually on teleporters,fewer times in raids on warp rally and sometimes on switching to alt.
    But you know,that's happening like from always ,so....I dont let this ruin my fun playing the game.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

I play on PC through Steam and since the last DLC I have noticed an increase in crashes, specifically happens when I click on vendors after having been playing for a while, phasing to a new phase (Thangar seems to crash a lot) and occasionally you'll just crash mid sprint.

Most people I play with I think it would be safe to say crash at least once a day if not more.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

i play on PC steam and PC normal client...sometimes at the same time on different devices. I also have PS4. Neither PC client crashes although on occasion my laptop starts lagging due to it NOT being a gaming rig, but in those cases I shut down the software....it doesn't crash.

The PS4 is way more prone to crashing, doing so if I flee or sometimes teleporting or just walking in or out of an area. PC? Not to my memory.
  19. Kaistyle2 New Player

The only crash I ever experienced for DCUO was earlier today. I started it in Steam, loaded a character and waited for it to finish. I click out to check something online (since I have it in windowed mode) and then the game died. I went back and booted it up again and everything worked just fine. I'll chalk it up to a random hiccup in the system unless I experience any more crashes real soon, but I doubt that will happen.
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

Thank you for your reply, I wish I had something to share, but I get no error reports, no error messages, the game closes itself as if by magic and nothing unusual happens on the PC at that time...