Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Feb 1, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

Hmmm... For those complaining about not wanting to sub, you get a free Destiny Token a month and they will wait 3 months before they start putting the special day 21 legendary reward on the Fate Vendor... So... Just wait if you want it, just make sure to login for at least 21 days.

You just need 2 DTs for a non member. That leaves 1 for purchasing a seal of preservation. :)

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  2. Random Mind Dedicated Player

It isn't terrible, just underwhelming. I wish the Monthly Reward would be a bit more iconic, which I don't think Mera's hair is. Her hairstyle should've accompanied Aquaman's hairstyle in the Valentine's Day seasonal vendor. As for the armor set, I get that they can't come up with new armor styles every month but if you are going to rehash old armor styles, maybe make more enhanced versions of older armor styles that don't have enhanced versions already.
    • Like x 4
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

mine has to be.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's your personal restriction, it doesn't apply to the rest of us.
    • Like x 9
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I don't have anything against the hair style but the monthly enchanted gear I'm not a fan of.Why do we get so much of the enchanted gear that many peoples allready got long time ago as a daily reward instead of something new?
    • Like x 4
  6. Random Mind Dedicated Player

To be fair, some female hairstyles can look pretty funny on male toons, especially if they have a large body. Hairstyles adopted from female characters aren't designed with male toons in mind. They didn't design Mera's hairstyle to look good on Aquaman and vice versa.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

What someone finds funny or unattractive is subjective. I personally use a lot of female hairstyles on my male toons to achieve a 80's metal or modern-day look.
    • Like x 2
  8. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Exactly, so what you find ok style wise, may not suit someone else. So if that player doesn't want wear female hairstyles on male characters, that should be just as acceptable as people who do wear female hairstyles on male toons. Right?
    • Like x 1
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Right but Dark Soldier's original statement implied that only female toons can wear female hairstyles. That implication would be incorrect, right?
    • Like x 1
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

It's probably because it takes time and resources to create something new, even if it just a enhanced version of a older style that hasn't been enhanced yet. And most of that stuff is likely reserved for Time Capsules and future DLC's, Seasonals, etc.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ebon Pegasus Master of the Speed Source

Sorry this is off-topic but TheLorax what is that gif in your sig from?
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Mortal Kombat I think.
    • Like x 1
  13. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Obviously, because some female hairstyles can work well in creating different types of male characters. For example, I have used the half-up ponytail to create a gladiator-type character and I have seen plenty of male characters using the wondrous locks style that look pretty good. The wondrous locks almost feels like an updated version of the long hairstyle in character creation, so I kinda hate that it was put in a time capsule even though I generally don't use a lot of longer hairstyles because there tends to be a lot of clipping.

Regardless, if Dark Soldier feels female hairstyles only belong on females, that is for him to decide. His opinion has no effect on how I decide to create a toon and I won't tell him how to play DCUO, because who the heck am I?
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Someone that answers rhetorical questions.
    • Like x 2
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Oh diddums.

not everyone plays males either, let that sink in for a moment.

Absolute rubbish, define "male" hair. Hair is gender fluid, it cares not for your gender, any gender can wear any type of hair they absolutely want, females can even wear the Jolly Beard (lol)

You mean there hasn't been a style you subjectively find pleasing in a while, because realistically there's actually more stereotypical male hair options in this game than female, even in the very base game this is true.

There are numerous new 'short' type hair styles on recent episode vendors if you're after a stereotypical male look, there's even new Aquaman hair in the valentines vendor which is the companion to this log in reward.

The fact you think a "haircut" is specific to a certain sex is somewhat interesting, the reality is, these log in gifts are subjective, they can still be worn by everyone, whether you choose to wear them however is entirely subjective, the daily log in reward potentials can't be limited to the premise that "absolutely" everyone must like them under every circumstance, the system cannot reasonably function under that pretense because you can't please everyone, every time. I hated all the previous 21 day rewards once I got them by the way, I've never used a single one of them. I will use this one however.

So you know what, perhaps it's time for you to take a turn at letting other people get something they want ;)
    • Like x 6
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

We need an ombre Magician and ombre Botanical hair style.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Winter Soldier would like to speak to the manager of gender bias.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  19. Random Mind Dedicated Player

Sometimes.
  20. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Imagine that a female with short hair - the horror :D
    • Like x 3