Troll debuffs are upsetting some tanks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Leonite, Feb 1, 2022.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't do that. Less vit will hurt the group if you're buff trolling.

If the tank is trying to group all the adds from one end of the hall to the other, let him and then go in with your debuffs. As a tank personally I don't care what the troll does, if an add or two gets stuck I'll move on and bring the rest of the mobs together.
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Ice tanks still can encase enemies in ice because of the PI... So...

As for the limitations, it's not that they couldn't introduce something, it's that they would have to build new tech to introduce it. At the time when they switch the SC Generator, they were busy with the stats revamp and, aside from Nature, they really haven't touched any of the powers since.

I don't know if it's because they feel they are balanced enough right now, that they are still training new devs, or they will tackle it when they go through the powers again to add more, that I think Pandorus mentioned when he introduced himself. (Not sure if that is still on the table, tbh.) Who knows, as it is, it is what it is. Keep an encasement breaker on your loadout if you want to use Stasis Field.
  3. Chewsy Well-Known Player

I hope the devs look at adjusting the interactions between CC immunity from troller CC and tank aggro. My main is a quantum controller, and there is basically no way to debuff enemies without stunning or moving enemies. This is totally fine for normal content, but for elite, sometimes it makes the tank's life harder. Like someone mentioned, when running stuff like FGSE and TSDE first boss, I need to be very careful using any stuns in add groups, since it will mess up the tank's add grouping and chain CCing. I basically can't play my role in many situations, since I can't debuff without stunning something away from the tank. I've got the 360 CR troller gear with dom augs, so maybe I'll try adding in some more DPS gear and just level DPS augs next time.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

You are talking about CC immunity. Tanks can't pull if the NPC has the white flashing immunity on them, which happens when the enemy breaks out of a stun.

In this regard, it's the old way of the game, really. Controllers and tanks work well together now and there is no worry about the tank losing hate from the NPCs, he just can't gather them all up until the immunity breaks.

To avoid this problem, you can just merely wait until after the enemies are gathered to stun them. Which will help the tank and take pressure off the healer.
    • Like x 2
  5. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Troller debuffs in the past might have been a problem for tanks when they would stun stuff but now it shouldn't be an issue.
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Its quite annoying to have a player start bashing the tank saying to pull the enemies but they don’t realize the tank (I) can’t because they are immune. Seen this happen in The Six Dimension raid.
    • Like x 1
  7. Leonite Well-Known Player

This I can avoid doing (and I already do). I do not start debuffing until adds are together with the tank (just like dps'es, right? >.< ) so I do not think this is what the tanks are complaining about. But next time, I'll ask the tank so I can be certain. Thanks for this additional info.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

6Dr (haven't tanked E and probably wont be.) adds are very easy to juggle. It's the statues from the DILF superman fight that tends to give some trouble. They have so many scripted run around and do anything they want design. lol Hawkgirl being the most annoying in that regard. The only time I've ever had problems trying to pull an enemy is when they block. Which makes the immobile (green footprint under their health bar.)

Really, there isn't a whole lot of issues with juggling adds, but to be honest, there is not a whole lot of need for a classic controller either. For the most part, debuff and buff trolls seem to be preferred.

*heh* It's funny that I random queued on B the 6Dr raid one day. I got yelled at for not feeding power to the healer (which was I would assume facerolling his keyboard and probably using Orb) and not doing my job. After we wiped one time, I ended up 3 manning the DILF Superman fight with the 2 tanks (who were very inexperienced) because the team couldn't figure out that they needed to focus Cyborg and lunge on kneel. There is only so much one controller can do, when 2 Cyborgs on opposite ends, because the tanks didn't know how to gather. lol It was a fun battle. /s I'll not random queue troll any end game raid. Strictly DPS.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

There was a time when tanks really needed to be the only ones crowd controlling adds, because of how immunity worked and what kind of damage they are capable of doing. Things have changed since then. Immunity still works similar, but tanks don't have to worry a whole lot about juggling. Their tank buff and their powerset specialty has gotten it covered. Coupled with all the OP tank artifacts in the game. (Have you read manacles? That thing is gold.)

So in the end, the tanks that yell at controllers are still thinking of the old way or they are worried you will get stun happy when they try to gather. Which, btw, they CAN still pull while stunned. It's only the immunity they cannot.
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yeah I always random que. It is what it is lol I don’t have problems doing end game such as The Six Dimension Raid. I’m assuming you’re a villain because I don’t remember fighting Hawkgirl or Cyborg. My complaint was when we were fighting I believe The World Forger or Anti-Monitor. I was spamming Ragebringer and noticed they were not being pulled, I’m sure other players can see my animation. It led me to believe those adds were immune, at that point I just said whatever and went to focus on other adds or the boss. I never had an issue with Superman. Since I brought it up lol does the red light beam from summoning your red lantern henchman trigger Anti-Monitor? I was very confused what triggered it. I don’t have my orbital equipped so I was taken by surprised. I guess logically it would have been someone else that did it.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

I don't have problems either, it's the people that annoy me. The ones that blame others instead of rationally figuring out what went wrong to fix the problem. The healer was blaming me for the wipe because he was the only one w/o power. I can spam power healing all I want, but I can't keep up with a spamming healer that is probably using Orb of Orion.

To my knowledge, 6D is the same hero or villain. In the DILF Superman fight, there are statues of the iconics you fight. Cyborg, Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, etc. Hawkgirl has a scripted run around and bother the team. You can pull her, but she doesn't move because she's in a middle of her scripted attacks.

As for the World Forger or Anti-Monitor fights, when I've tanked it, I've only ever had problems pulling an add when they are on the other side of the boss. Like he blocks the pulls for some reason. Probably a hit box thing or something.

As for the trigger for the Anti-Monitor retaliation, to my knowledge, it should only be an orbital. I would assume that a teammate dropped the orbital and didn't say it was them.
  12. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That’s very true I’m wondering if that healer was electric as well. Oh those!!!!! Lol now I remember. That’s funny you mention it because while Superman was in the air at times, yes there are statues you’re right such as the ones you mention. When I ran that raid and are fighting in that boss fight, I noticed the dps players attacking Superman just because he’s about 25% of his health thus leaving the rest of the statues out. That raid does have a lot of scripted attacks that I seen yet it doesn’t feel as difficult as DWF or New Genesis….

Is the block from pulls have to do to his size? That can get pretty annoying, I gotten used to it though. Even though you’re be right about someone else had to use an orbital I still felt guilty lmao
    • Like x 1
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Ok first thing I ever learned as a troll was nvr incase adds going back to good old A&B raid days and that was the only raid a troll was allowed to ball up adds. Now if your gadget i will give you a pass since it is your sc generator even though I don't use it on my gadgets. Every debuff has 2 powers in the troll tree that will do the same debuff without incasing adds. I will add I just ran the new raid on my earth dps and left cause the hard light troll was using the ball incasing power alot and was constantly sending adds everywhere but also out of my damage alot. Just saying if your trolling and adds are fly everywhere your a problem 4 the group. Yes your balling them up but your also shielding them from damage and sending them in all directions. This is counter productive 4 the tank that just grouped the adds to be burned!
  14. Leonite Well-Known Player

uhm, if you back read, this is not about encasement. I don't have stasis field in my loadout. Someone commented that this is about encasement but I am the OP - this is not about encasement.
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

In raid level content, the most common breakout profile you will encounter is the "3 second" profile. With this profile, any effect that inflicts a "STUN" that lasts more than 3 seconds will trigger an automatic breakout after 3 seconds have elapsed. This will be followed by a 8 second immunity period. If the stun lasts exactly 3 seconds, it is up to the whims of the server on whether a breakout will occur.

Given that, knockdowns are what you want to be using in Raid content to avoid triggering CC immunity. For Gadgets players, that means using Sticky Bomb and Napalm Grenade. If you can get your timing down correctly, you can keep a NPC indefinitely knocked down without giving the target(s) CC immunity. You can also use Stasis Field if you immediately detonate the encasement with Sticky Bomb or Napalm Grenade.

I did a write-up a couple of years ago on the mechanics of CC immunity:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...dge-gadgets-guide.288758/page-25#post-4254275

Knockdowns can annoy some tanks, but I find well-timed knockdowns to be very helpful in Elite content.
    • Like x 5
  16. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

Do not trade troll gears for DPS. The troll needs to give power in addition to buffs and debuffs.
  17. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

I miss being rage tank long time ago and making the ads bounce like popcorn while I spammed without mercy. It was funny and hilarious.
  18. Yaiba Committed Player

The purpose is to lower your dominance so you dont stun the adds or give those immunity, imagine if flash statue has immunity, he will teleports everywhere and wipe the group. Also OP is talking about elite contents, and i find it's fine swapping few troll gear for dps gear.
    • Like x 1
  19. Max Maximus Well-Known Player

It makes sense what you said, but I don't know if it will be enough. I'm not playing troll anymore but when I played troll even with full DPS armor I had a lot of dominance.
  20. Plowed In Loyal Player

But why not understand how it actually works and work around the issue rather than leaving your troll ineffective?
    • Like x 1