Something is off with precision..

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ThisGuy89, Jan 24, 2022.

1. ThisGuy89 New Player

Has anyone else noticed the lack of damage coming from precision damage lately or did might get a buff? I mean i have notice alot more of late that the same people i used to put millions on (being might st users) in raids on st are now neck and neck with me. The problem with this is that these people are not tweeking their loadouts. They are not trying new things. They still run the same thing they always have but for some reason they are right there with me if not edging me on st. My toon is rage precision and yes i am a sparring target junkie and have been precision since way before the first sm 4 man. So as far as loadouts i don't follow the youtube guys. Their loadouts are meh but thats another story for another day. My main concern is the lack of pop precision seems to be having here lately. I also seemed to notice this around ealry december when the whole artifact disappear and reappear nonsense was happening so i don't no if there is a connection to be had. All in all i don't know just kind of scratching my head with frustration at the moment. Has anyone else seen this? I know the other prec users in my league has. Also my arts are the base meta for prec, 200 trans, strat, grim.
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

not sure what your seeing but Prec is still stupid strong for a super power game

A good gadget Prec DPS comes into the run

your pushing hard to stay with them
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

EOG is kinda dominating right now, people not using it right now are falling behind I'm afraid. Preferably as much as possible with 25% or other low CD ones. Perhaps they spam it?

The current raid, SDe, also involves more AOE damage, while FFe for example was pure single target, DPS'ing FFe with prec is a lot easier to pull off than any might power due to animations.
    If Brainiac charges across the map, as prec I barely lost uptime, while as might you would have to pre position yourself or get ready to move.

Prec and especially gadgets can still parse 100k single target smoothly, not many might powers can get over 100k in their basic rotation.
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Id say Mental and Celestial come the closest with staying on par with them single target with might spec but with celestial its way more complicated of a rotation and easier to drop damage with a missed cast.
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

you can do 100k/s ST with might and any power <3

But ye. It's current raid design. AoE + EoG is win. And might powers are often better on MT than on ST. That fact + Spamming EoG... Saw a Fire DPS on ST once with 3 SCs :D
    • Like x 1
  6. ThisGuy89 New Player

Well yeah i mean i have a 200 eog but just don't get into the crutch game when it comes to dps. Idk my dps is honestly usually always top of the (fake scoreboard) as you would say lol. That being pre made or pug group. I have beat many gadgets precision with my rage but not really trying to get into i did this i can do that conversation. I honestly just feel something is off with it that or might has got some love. I have noticed not seeing as many white numbers lately so idk whats up with that. I guess i just have to remember we are playing dcuo... not exactly known for stability in their game.
  7. Tilz Loyal Player

Prec has not changed. It's still where it is.

Maybe clipping to fast? :D

But seriously. EoG just reigns. These days ppl don't run Grim usually (or they swap midfight for eog)
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Something is off with trans and Strat according to a few posts on here. So if you’re going up against people not using them and you are, that may be the explanation. Tho not everyone seems to be having the issues so maybe you are and they aren’t? I’d scroll the bugs forum. I’m seeing my might/ pet build crushing prec in st but anyone I usually run with is always below my st. Does seem like it’s a bigger beating in that column lately tho.
    • Like x 1
  9. ThisGuy89 New Player

Yeah idk its is what it is. We will just have to agree to disagree on there not being something going on with it. As a og player i hate to say it im right there with all the rest who have left the game just on the feeling of boredom and also tired of the changes for the worse. I mean stats clamp is terrible anyway you look at it, there isnt a point in more sp, membership isn't worth it but which is a good thing they allow you to go free because who wants a peacemaker helmet?!? Lol idk i just feel like im burnt out on the whole mmo thing
    Maybe just start spending more time on warzone lol. Hey that have the new dying light coming out that should be fun
  10. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Check your stats too. I have stated in a couple different places, that some artifacts are not giving stats in the new content. Transformation being the biggest one that I noticed was not providing stats, another player mentioned to me that one of their artifacts didn't seem to be working right as well.
  11. Siramez Well-Known Player

except ice unless you're using frostblast :(
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It’s all about that EoG and that’s working at least. I’ve started tac swapping it in but still think the rat artifact is the better choice for a few powersets for a tac swapper. But anyway, at least EoG works. Now all we need in life is for the preccers to stop typing in “ha got you overall” so I don’t have to keep writing “next time I’ll move out of your circle so I don’t beat myself”
    • Like x 3
  13. thedemonocus Loyal Player

What the hell is EOG? nvm i found it on google it looks to be a crutch to me since you gravy train other people's damage so even though you might get top dps you really only got it off other people's damage so its a hollow victory imo.
    • Like x 1
  14. ThisGuy89 New Player

See thats the issue though. I believe in building a strong loadout myself and doing damage myself that way at the end of a run i can say "I" did that. Not drop eog on someone and take there damage or even the tac swapping technique which is shameless to me. Your running 4 arts at that point... Pc is easy to get away with the tac swap whereas console takes a little longer to get away with but it still doesnt change the fact that if you have to exploit to be on top then you were never worth being in the contest per say of a dps comp or even in my eyes you have no right to say you are the strongest dps by no means. I wish they would have left the game how it was right after the stats revamp when all we had was our powers. No arts or allies. Pretty much no crutch there for people to hide behind.
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

It’s not stealing, it’s closer to sharing. It doesn’t take anything away from another player, it just adds to users end while also giving the other player a stats boost. It is one of the best team artifacts out there. If we’re in a group and everyone is using or swapping it in, then we plan ahead a bit. One player drops it and everyone unloads. Then repeat the process over and over. Everyone wins except whatever y’all just melted. If you’re dps comping then yeah you may want to move out of that circle. But it is a PVE game so that’s not good for actual completion.

As far as tac swapping being a crutch, meh. If anything, it’s far harder to do well and not die than it is to not do it at all. Plus it can easily drop your output if done wrong. Believe me, there is nothing easy about swapping 6 artis in one or two rotations. For speed feats or burn checks, it’s great. Even when doing certain roles like healing. EoG is a useless healing artifact most of the time so why keep it in all the time? Easy enough to swap out if you’re only doing 1 supercharge. If you’re doing 3 then yeah, just keep it in.
    • Like x 2
  16. Tilz Loyal Player

Tac S

Tac Swaping on PS is way faster than on PC.
    Its kind of a risk reward thingy. I saw so many inventory-dps dying because of being in inventory.

That attitude towards EOG is kind of really egoistic. Just use eog and drop it yourself. More damage overall on the board.. fast clearing of instances. Especially in clumped up fights.
    • Like x 1
  17. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Could you be playing with more Muni or mental? I ask because. I heard everyone talking prec and then my main dps is pet dmg and I very rarely saw a prec get me. When I get topped everytime its Muni or Mental. This dates back to the last SM had a group kick me because I wasnt prec and I thought that was funny as I just didnt get topped by prec. It is when I noticed Mental was kicking pretty hard as I met a guy who topped me everytime.
  18. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

with Quantum Might ST, my parsers are up there (10secs or 60 secs) with precision ST, nothing crazy just 2-3 million or just on par with prec ST, you can always invite me if you want to try something out. I'm sure your damage is very good, could be those might guys just got a little sharper hitting their rotations, taps, canceling. My leaguemates always use me in instances to test their damage because I've been consistent. We got a couple of prec DPS in my league, so they're always testing stuff out. I think EOG is pretty strong for both prec and might.

Brawling Prec AOE damage is insane tho, Not many might loadouts can keep up with a strong prec aoe. I don't know why theres like 3 threads asking for buffs on prec. It's already very strong. I think Prec ST is fair, it's high execution but definitely not weak since 95% of those in LFG always asking for a prec DPS for elite. You can still be a beast playing amongst other beast lol
  19. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

A lot of those brawling aoe parses are standard because they’re usually relying on dervish and other clips for dmg, (even though there are better options sometimes) but when you include eog the dmg gets crazy, but again the base dmg without supers is usually nothing to rave about
  20. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

There are so many cry babies so prec got nerf several times now might is OP and most damage hungry players switching to might then cry babies gona start one thing they realy got at and devs gona nerf might ( becouse everytime people switching artifacts devs got $$$$$$ ) Theory of conspiracy says those cry babies are devs becouse when you dont know what is all about its always about $$$$$ .
    People already missing those days when to be top dps you need to buy respec token once for a month now you need to buy seals,catalyst and XP :)