Survival Mode Season 3

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stag, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Imjussaiyan New Player

6 man sm sounds fun, you know everyone will be wanting more content with new player amounts 3,6,9,12 ect
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Interesting for sure to me the more players the better what would your idea be behind 6 man interms of rolls? How many Tanks,healer/troll/DPS would u expect in a 6 man SM?

And have you thought about 10 or 12 man Raids? Would be nice since more people could join a group and wouldnt be left out.
    • Like x 1
  3. zNot Loyal Player

Interesting that you say that i get you but what makes SM actually difficult?

1. Tanking difficulty is high the bosses hit very hard.

2, The fights usually take long other then that elite raids.

elite raids are mechanic wise more challenging overall. So this just shows to me how much tanking difficulty and basic support roll difficulty effects difficulty for everybody. This type of design could be done in Elite raid + stages aswell just making every add and boss be like survival mode level interms of stats plus the basic mechanics the elite raid already has.
  4. Miserable Dedicated Player

I think an 8-man is the best choice.

Personally, I find the 8-man a lot more fun than the 4-man. The last 2 SMs have also been 4-mans and we haven't had an 8-man in years.

I can see potential issues with the 6 man.

The crucial question is whether a 6-man would have 1 boss per round like the 4-mans or 2 bosses per round like the 8-mans? I think 1 boss per round would not be exciting enough and would make it too easy. Imagine the recent 4-man SMs but with 2 extra players. That said, I think 2 bosses would be the way to go for a 6-man, but then we'd be a lot more limited in the variety of group compositions.
  5. Charon Lead Content Designer

TBD what the boss set up would be if it were 6 man. However, one thing I'd like to do differently as well if we do 6 (or any group size, really) is to have more "affixes" occur as you climb the higher tiers. So one tier has acid pools, the second tier has sharks with laser beams, the third tier has poison gas white damage that's always going off. Stuff ilke that. where it layers on and your team composition needs to be able to support that plus deal with a boss (or two) and adds.

It also allows us to do things like in the Deathstroke fight, he could summon the role suppression devices and you need some off role support to deal with it. We couldn't do that in a 4 man but could get away with more of that in 6 man.

This is all just spitballing but they are thoughts a few of us have had when talking about evolving SM.
    • Like x 7
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Would the sharks’ laser beams be fricking? :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

i'm excited by the idea of a six man version, we could use a shakeup to what we're used to. would love to see some diff sized instanced content too-- trios or six person missions...
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Actually sounds good, would also be more enjoyable at least in my opinion if you somehow limited or restricted bosses from just becoming focus blast type one shot spams (looking at King Shark and Minotaur) because all it really does is encourage, gray range tanking and lunge spamming - it's not really fun.

Thanks.
    • Like x 3
  9. Ryazan Dedicated Player

So much this. My biggest gripe about SM was how the counter system was made so useless in it. Doesn't matter if I countered perfectly, I received full damage anyway.
    • Like x 2
  10. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Fights like Zeus are very mechanic base. The thing is whenever they set Elite Raids to difficulty of SM people lose their minds and gripe see ZooE and DWFe.
  11. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Yeah you must not troll. Once you got to round 20 it was 2 tanks 1 dps and 1 heal. 8 man SM definately let power trolls thrive. Altough that was a different and better time to troll. Please make every boss suck power like no tomorrow that it brings back power trolling. Loved 8 man SM.
  12. Achikah All About That Base

You're right. I'm a healer main, but I also didn't go past round 20- I really only wanted the base pets for an unlock, and the Abyssal horn drop(s.) Didn't know the strat/meta for rounds beyond that.

However, if 8 man was in rotation again, I'd really love to see a more multi-faceted approach to it, really highlighting a 2-2-2-2 meta. I know it's easier said than done- everyone tries their best to skirt around the idea regardless of intent- but honestly, as a role player, the most fun I've had with DCUO gameplay is pairing up with a partner support role and coordinating properly. It'd be really nice to see a dual troll- one power, one buff- dynamic in action, if the battle called for it.
    • Like x 1
  13. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

That literally would be awesome and I agree totally with you but pew pew pew. With 8 player typically the strategy would be 1 tank and heal goes to one boss and the other 6 would go and kill a boss then rotate to that other boss. The only excwption really would be the New Genesis Round 10 as some groups not all would run 3 tanks.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

I don't care what set up you use as long as we're seeing sharks with laser beams.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Can there be sharks with frickin laser beams on their heads?
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

We're going to need a bigger boat.

Or a mid-sized one. It'll depend.
  17. zNot Loyal Player

DWfE didnt have random one shots on tank like zooE out of those dwfe was way better design
  18. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I mean I wouldnt say random but if your group wasnt in chat and you didnt realize the burn on Granny sucked you really had a hard time with that beam in the middle of the room. Kalibak definately suprised my tank at times. The other bosses were easy to see their script.
  19. zNot Loyal Player

Yea dwfe was intense for tanks and dps if you broke free next to someone on lastboss anyone around u would be 1 shot.. all bossfights were so well designed in that raid probably hardest elite raid ever.
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I prefer 4 man easier to keep the same group