Tanks that fight until death in raids

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cyclonic, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Yes, I am talking to you. You automatically suck for wasting for everyone's time. Nobody is interested in watching you do 200 dps to the boss for 183862 minutes. Stop being an egomaniacal douchewad. Die.
    • Like x 5
  2. Proxystar #Perception

You're welcome.
    • Like x 15
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Why so much hate? As rude as it sounds, maybe don’t die next time?

In all seriousness, I’ve been in groups where players couldn’t stay alive at all and kept wiping over and over. So I started saying scr** it and did the bosses solo. Either spend 20 minutes soloing a boss or spend 20 minutes wiping. I’ll take the one where it gets finished. A lot of dps these days just smash buttons and ignore mechanics then die and blame the healers or tanks. Just today I went into USe and players kept dying to the skull of gentleman ghost. The tank survived (I was dpsing). Players kept attacking and ignoring the skull even the healer. So tank started soloing. He was asked to wipe so he did. Went in again and players kept dying. Healer died again so I did too. We wipe. Again tank asked to wipe. And 3rd time players die again. This time tank takes ghost to 1% purposely dies then leaves. I don’t blame him. One of the dps switched to tank and he has issues pulling so players died to both adds and one shots so this time I switch to healer. At which point half the group was dead including tank. And we finished it without them. Someone sends me tell to wipe and I ignored.

During the US fight tank kept struggling with adds. I spent a whole run with 2 adds on me for the full duration after asking him to pull. They die to strafe and we give it 2 more tries before I have enough and leave. Dps, tanks, healers. Doesn’t matter the role. Follow mechanics. If you die than that’s on you and if the tank can solo it than so be it. Don’t die next time.
    • Like x 21
  4. Dry Cleaning Well-Known Player

the kick option is perfect here
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

..... No.
    • Like x 4
  6. BYSIS Well-Known Player

XD this is funny. There has been times where I had to do this, and not Once did anyone complain.
    Last time I succeeded was in the FGS raid against zeus. Everyone Got KO'd when the boss was around 15% health, so I kited and kited for over 1/2hr and got it done.
    Next time just don't die, try to study the mechanics, and stay away from the tank. I've had to revive multiple folks cuz they wanna be like me even tho they are DPS.
    And if a situation calls for me to wipe, I will. But if the boss is at around a small bit of health, and I'm soloing it cuz y'all all got KOd... Jus sit back, relax, and cherish this Carry. And don't kick a tank for doing this, cuz at Least that tank is capable of holding his own even without y'all help. That's a gooooood tank
    • Like x 13
  7. Jaden Law Well-Known Player

Actually it's you suck and wasting time when dying after EVERY skull attack. And nobody is interested in your 200 damage per wipe in 1 min. So... Stop being an egomaniacal douchewad and stop dying. Get good.
    Yes... Perfect option for good Tank to kick 7 anchors... But unfortunately it's not possible.
    • Like x 6
  8. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I have had to solo clock tower last boss more times then I can count. I have soloed batman who laughs, beaten multiple bosses in Darkseid warfactory, all after the group has wiped on multiple tries. How many times this week has a dps died to world fogers vortex or broke out of anti- monitors corruption beam and kill people next to them cause they can't be bothered to do mechanics or even just move? I have ran 24 characters through the 6th dimension raid this week and every time a dps has died for these two reason. If I waited on you to learn not to die I'd probably never finish the raid. As my buddy tigress would say it sucks to suck and get good so you have no reason to complain.
    • Like x 5
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]

"Grandpa says every time a DPS dies a Tank gets to Deathmike."
    • Like x 9
  10. zNot Loyal Player

Another proof how toxic other rolls are towards tanks but beg for any tank to join them in LFG.
    • Like x 14
  11. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]

When I see Tanks like this I do sit back with anticipation that they can pull the group through. Sometimes they do.

I've had a couple do that for me in the elite duo. Big thank you to them.

If they can't BUT can stay alive long enough to whittle that boss down? They're a keeper, to me at least.
    • Like x 5
  12. Kaegrin Well-Known Player

When this happens, I turn on epic battle music and enjoy the show.
    • Like x 9
  13. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Stop dying and other people won't have to carry you.

Toxic!
    • Like x 8
  14. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I agree with the OP to a certain extent. There have been times that there has been a group wipe (except for the tank ofc) when the boss is like 50% health and the tank decides to try and just solo the boss. This is not really a productive use of time. We all know that sometimes stupid s**t happens and people wipe. This can be down to any number of factors, be it just poor placement on the players' part, a healer that doesn't know how to heal properly or any other number of things. If the boss is low on health, like 10% or less, then have at it. But if the boss has quite a sizeable chunk of health left and you know that it would be faster to just die and let the whole group back in then that does annoy me.

I don't think saying "don't die" is really productive either. We all know you can die through no fault of your own. There are mechanics that place an arrow on somebody's head and when the damage comes it does an AoE. If the person with that arrow runs towards you just as the AoE damage is about to hit then there ain't really a whole lot you can do about that.
    • Like x 3
  15. Solarbound Committed Player

I often get caught into this situation as the tank. Here's my question. If I'm with a group that keeps repeatedly dying, what else am I supposed to do being a tank that's strong enough to solo that very boss the rest of the way? The way I see it, you should be thanking me. And, telling us tanks that do such to "Die???" My lord, Cyclonic. I hope that anger doesn't stem from the fallout with Soldiers Of Light. From what I hear, a tank was behind that, too. Which, would make sense;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's the beginning of the bossfight and somehow everybody has wiped, but the tank keeps trying to survive for however long he can? Yes, wipe and let the group back in so the fight can end in the foreseeable future. The boss is pretty low on health and everybody else has wiped but the tank can survive and end the fight? Please, continue.

It depends on the situation. Nobody wants to sit out of an entire fight, and nobody wants to keep wiping over and over if they can can get it done and over with, either.
    • Like x 11
  17. Frankzilla Committed Player

Oh no your gonna bear witness to my opness and your gonna love it lol
    • Like x 3
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so your mad that a tank does what it supposed to do and being tankish. I know when I was tanking especially with atomic if everyone kept dying and the boss was low I was just going to finish it so we could all move on.

its really a judgement call dependent on the situation
    if its been several wipes or you know the boss is low I say kill it Tank
    and if the fight just started then go ahead and wipe and try again as a group

but I get for some its hard to die for no reason when you can easily stay alive but everyone else is dead
    heck there has been so many times in the last 11 years that in new content a tank and a healer have saved a long run by doing their jobs

so we all just need good judgement and support the group this is a team effort game
    • Like x 7
  19. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

This, just about everything everyone else said. You don't want a tank to "finish him" then stop getting knocked out: accidents happen, but when you die more than a couple times in a boss fight, ask to be dismissed so you'll stop wasting everyone else's time.

Sometimes something happens that the team (except tank) goes down, that's a good chance to figure out what you did wrong, not an opportunity for a pug tank to try to finish the whole boss fight and utterly fail after 30 minutes.
    • Like x 3
  20. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Usually im keeping the tank company when everyone else gets killed for standing somewhere they shouldn’t. So i dont mind us finishing it for the group
    • Like x 7