We need alternative options to stats clamping...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by STsource, Jan 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batladin3217 New Player

STAT CLAMPING SUCKS!
    • Like x 6
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

Large chucks of the community? The forum i bet isnt even 10% of the total community, we are simply the loudest voices on this game.
    • Like x 5
  3. the solowing Steadfast Player

Mind saying what you dont like about it? Saying it sucks isn't very descriptive.
    • Like x 2
  4. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

I mean sometimes the most succinct take is the best.
    • Like x 4
  5. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I largely agree, it's why I said that I don't think there's really good place to land, balance-wise. It just seems like it's divisive, while not achieving any stated goals. Doesn't make me happy to see it or say it, but that's what I see, so it's what I say. As I believe we both have stated many times, I sincerely think the core issue is poor/lacking in-game tutorials.

Where we may disagree is that I believe many players do want to put in effort and be a valued contributor, but don't know how to best contribute. So they resort to button-smash = numbers, and numbers seem helpful.

Better implemented.
    * Clamp-specific Bonuses and focused events, like the original Amazon Fury iteration of Save the Universe (not the DLC 41 version)
    * Clamp-exclusive rewards, styles, titles, base items and other cool cosmetics.
    * Game-wide Time Balance. If it's a raid, it shouldn't be longer than X. Solo content should take about Y minutes. Alerts should all be roughly Z long.
    * Re-worked in-game mechanic instruction. Make it all match! Have all instructions on the right side in white, in the chat box, and use the same type of "oh no!" banner in all instances, new and old.
    * Add or remove small features in content to smooth out pacing and level times, examples; put an X to mark your destination in 'New Gen. Now' raid. Add a header in Brainiac's Ship instruction that you need to synchronize, or add that after one mistake.
    * More random results in the solo omnibus queue, how often does Deep Desires come up for you all? Like it's weird, really. People say the same about Phantom Zone on the 4-player, I'm pretty sure there are others.

That's just what I thought might actually happen. I could go on all day with things I hoped for, but knew were total pipedreams.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

We can run COUE/HQE right now, minimum CR 310, +49 or 50 CR. In a month or 2, that gets cut down to +15. Maybe those people running COUE/HQE right now need to improve too? When people were running FGSE right before LOD came out, they were like +42CR or whatever 'top' was at the time over the 300 CR entry...guess they suck too?

Personally I don't find +15 to be 'too weak'....I generally find my random running mates to be that instead. However, there IS a 40-50 CR differential right before the clamp goes into a DLC. Why is that not maintained? Not everyone has the ability to run stuff when current and can be OP right now (you know....cause they haven't started playing the game yet or just started)....so why shouldn't that be maintained, the same as it is today? Mepps is right....if I go in to COUE or HQE right now...I 'feel powerful' because I'm 45+ CR higher than the first time I walked in. That same feeling should keep 'as is', not go down, when the clamp is applied....it's not. If that was true, you might see less complaints.

And if doing COUE/HQE today at 45+ CR makes the content 'trivial' as you (and so many others seem to believe), why is it still allowed to be run that way?
    • Like x 5
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I earned feats in omnibus without even trying. Get over it! You guys just want everything easy, fast and without any effort.
    • Like x 4
  8. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Exactly correct.
    • Like x 1
  9. Enemy Ace Well-Known Player

Sorta. I want the ability to make hard things easy over time. I want my grind and character building to mean SOMETHING.

The clamp renders it all pointless.
    • Like x 5
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Doesn't mean it's actually informative, though. Cathartic for sure, but pretty vague too.
    • Like x 3
  11. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That’s called learning the mechanics and being skillful. Both things that are lacking in this community. Simple things as not knowing how to block is why players need stat clamp instead of being overgeared. Put it simply like someone else in this thread said “it won’t be enough” even if they increase the cr yet again it won’t be enough.
    • Like x 4
  12. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Yup. Having long-term progression trivialized is the worst part of this failed experiment.
    • Like x 3
  13. the solowing Steadfast Player

If my feats were wiped tomorrow i could care less, the entire feat system being attached to progression was a mistake. If they ever corrected it and decoupled feats from stat gains. Id be here jumping for joy.
    • Like x 3
  14. the solowing Steadfast Player

The issue is you guys see progression as the ability to trivialize older content with ease. Rather then see your progression relative to your fellow players.
    • Like x 4
  15. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

This is definitely one of the more bizarre aspects of this failed experiment - - that once something moves out of endgame, the CR differential snaps to an extreme overnight. Really bad design choice imo.
    • Like x 6
  16. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Have you tried "Working on your character" and "Learning the mechanics"?

Because I've found that doing those two things vastly reduces any 'difficulty' in the stat clamped content.

And anyone can do those things.

And they're not even on your list.
    • Like x 6
  17. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

I solo'd Ares, Athena, and Steppenwolf/Kalibak in Patchwork this week. Using a Might-build Fire DPS in Tank Role for extra HP. That's the only specialization I did for that task. And I got receipts (I always get receipts).

That wasn't happening two months ago when it was still relevant content. And yeah, I know they changed those Bosses somewhat, but it was indicative of my experience in the content as a whole.

I've run the solo again - it's still a 3 minute solo. And the alert and the raid. Both of those seem fairly consistent too. Nothing seems to be any more difficult than it was recently, but it does still seem more manageable than the content was when it was brand new.

So I'm going to say our experience definitely varies in that particular example.
    • Like x 5
  18. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Good for you, that is amazing!
    • Like x 3
  19. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I pointed this utter bizarreness out as soon as the clamp hit test. I was shut down by Charon because I wasn’t actually testing. But sometimes, you don’t need to test something to know what’s gonna happen. Hands up who knows not to stick their head in a lion’s mouth and has never tried it! But nobody listens to big nooby 9001BPM. There’s a reason I post much less frequently these days. :(
    • Like x 6
  20. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

Well for what it's worth, I appreciate your posts and consider you an important part of the community :)
    • Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.