Respectful Complaint from the US Nintendo Switch Server

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DocElysian, Jan 3, 2022.

1. BumblingB I got better.

I own a switch lite, which has no dock and has to run purely on wifi connection. I don't think the problems that we are experiencing is related to the internet specifically. Based on my experience with PC version and internet troubles, it would basically only account for very poor load times on areas (like zoning into and trying to load bosses and all players). Most of the problems that the OP pointed out hardly existed before a recent patch that would imply more of an issue with platform optimization than connectivity. Though, I suppose the poor optimization could be compounded by the wifi/network issues you mention. In the end, it is definitely something after an update that made it have these problems. The most problems I've ever experienced was crashing trying to zone into Atlantis area and world bosses taking forever to load when a lot of players were attacking it.
    • Like x 2
  2. the solowing Steadfast Player

hmm..
  3. Arctic Blades New Player

Not exactly that, but yes. If I knew how to upload a picture on the forums from my phone, I would. The brand is Insignia, but it looks exactly like that.
  4. Arctic Blades New Player

Yes, it does the same thing with Ethernet cable. I just ran 3 connection tests and came out around the same each time - 72ish up and 13ish down.

Bro, you’re high or something. This is completely false. I stay docked and run with OP, with the same issues. It is not an internet connection issue.
  5. the solowing Steadfast Player

Would you be able to share gameplay of it docked on the SWITCH?
  6. DocElysian Active Player

Video in my op was taken docked and internet connection was not an issue.
  7. DubiousOP Active Player

Has there been updates?
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The game is identical on Switch. We are still working on this - and a big thanks to the people suffering through our testing on there.
    • Like x 6
  9. Vadritch New Player

Hi everyone, I am very new to DCUO but not MMOs entirely. I stumbled across the game and it’s free to play features on eshop. I do have a PC and capable of running any game to the full extent. With that being said, having a switch and DCUO has been a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I can take my switch and play an MMO virtually anywhere with a good connection and or ethernet. But as of late I have been getting massive lag over WiFi which no other game does including warframe. I cast an ability and it my game freezes for a solid 7-10 seconds.

If this lag that’s occurring gets fixed this would seriously be a top notch switch port.

I guess I’m having a good time despite the lag but it is hindering when your trying to perform your best combos.

I’m trying to get my brother to play as well but I can’t fathom him logging in with this lag going on.

Just hope it gets fixed sooner than later :).
  10. Vadritch New Player

Still getting major lag in open world and disconnects. Seems like this has been an on going issue for quiet sometime on the switch platform. Doesn’t seem like it’s possible to fix . Such a shame. Really low hopes :/.
    • Like x 1
  11. Morrigam Level 30

Is there any updates on this? I know devs started to look into it very recently, but this has been an ongoing issue for over 2 years for switch players. One would have expected that before releasing the game in a platform devs would make sure that it can run it without too many issues. At this point the lag is unbearable @devs.
  12. Dior New Player

The switch does have huge problems with 'lag'-like gameplay issues. But this problem probably won't be fixed. It's very likely a hardware / memory issue. The same sorts of issues can be seen in more recent open world zones: mobs / textures / etc. don't load in, then the game kind of bottlenecks. There are also huge delays when opening the in-game menus, especially the new on-duty menu. The developers could try to compress or reduce the quality of the textures as an experiment, but this may not work, and they probably will never try this (since the texture quality is already reduced).

By the way, I don't agree that skill isn't an explanation for why SOME end-game content hasn't been completed on the switch.
  13. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Nintendo Switch ain't a hand held game. This is a handheld game: [IMG]
    or one of these beauties: [IMG] [IMG]
    Dear Diary: the last handheld i had was GameBoy, nothing but Tetris. ...well, i do play solitaire on my phone when waiting in the airport parking lot on rare occasion.
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't believe this is the case for the lag problem we are tracking now.
    • Like x 3
  15. Dior New Player

That's good news. I hope you can improve the gameplay. Good luck
  16. Godtr0n Active Player

Free VIP memberships or something would be nice while this isue continues. Just sayin. ;)

Bad hardware giving 1fps is one thing. Low population because no merge yet is another. But lagging and desyncing our way blindly through every weekly boss fight and raid is a complete other thing.
  17. DubiousOP Active Player

Any news on this issue?