So what aspect of DCUO do you enjoy the most?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Catastroflare, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I really miss the separate factions. There used to be heroes and villains in DCUO. Back in the separate server days, it was so much fun. The football games with the moon rock. The Safehouse battles. Star Labs Fight Club. Now it's only fun levelling up a new toon. After they finish all the missions it's a grind and the fun is all gone.
    • Like x 1
  2. DAnomalous Level 30

I'm curious which other MMOs you have played and why you decided that you liked DCUO's combat most. What makes it better than the other ones you tried?
  3. Ergotth Committed Player

I roleplay the hell outta my characters, imagine their origins, customize so they look like they would fit in the comics, heck I'm even shipping two of my heroes as a couple xD
    • Like x 3
  4. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Its competant.
    For me its a time thing, i dont do prec because i do t have the time to invest into learning a ton of combos and sequential button presses to make dif things happen.
    Its beauty is in its simplicity. You dont need to complicate it even w/jump cancels etc. i like that the option is there but you can also just relax and use the powers, see the animations etc and still do more than your fair share.
    Thats why i personally like the combat in DCUO.
    My fav by a mile and i have tried a TON of rpg’s etc.
  5. DAnomalous Level 30

So for you its the simplicity and accessibility (if you choose to play a certain way) where you can just chill and not really engage your brain, maybe you can watch something whilst playing etc?
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Lol not that simple but yes.
    I guess balance is the better word.
    U can squeeze more if u really dive in but w/a competent loadout, you can absolutely go through a rotation allowing all animations (and njoy them w/out clipping or jump canceling etc) and still ut up more damage than most.
    To me its well balanced and i like that. The more effort you put in the more you get out but at the same time, its not required.
    No ones gonna boot me from an elite raid for example because i let my ani ations run if i so feel like it that day. Im not bottom dps even in that situation. Not even close so the system is forgiving enough that we can all play how we want and enjoy ot and still compete and be helpful.
    I actually have an armory saved specifically for my chill moments. Its my “goof around” loadout and i relax an do solo stuff an let animations run w/no extra effort and one time i had my AOE loadout on and got ninja’d into FGSe. I swapped armory to my ST grimm loadout and whoops, swapped accidentally to my good around loadout.
    Well, i was ninja’d and loot locked anyway but dont mind helpin so i told em sorry but this is the best i can do due to the cooldown becore i could re-swap (i swapped when they started the fight before i could type “hold up”) and just ran it the whole raid in “relax mode” xcept some strategic jump cancels and still got close to top dps but finished 2nd dps by a healthy margin so yea, i like the balance in the combat system they use
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

The only other MMO I play is Final Fantasy 14. To me, the combat in DCUO is just absolutely better. The AoE with DCUO puts to shame the AoE in FF14. Plus I don't have to target specific baddies. On FF14 I have to target who I want to attack. Once that baddie is down, I have to them choose another which means I may have to cycle through some before I get to the one I want. Not so with DCUO.

Like I said earlier, DCUO is the first MMO I ever played so I am biased towards it lol.
    • Like x 2
  8. DAnomalous Level 30

Do you play on console? I just click the target I want in FF14 with my mouse. And I'm not sure what you mean about the aoe?

Although it has one thing I would change, being able to step into attacks that are visually still going on the screen because you were outside the target box when the check happened, I much prefer having as many abilities as I have on my monk and different systems going at the same time to manage so my rotation changes. Even when I'm not doing it as well as I would hope, its fun to try and get good at something with depth.

I'd personally love if for example my Sorc Prec with pet had more layers to its combat than pressing 3 or 4 buttons and doing a 5 mouse click combo. Plus the mechanics in this game are usually very straight forward and simple so theres a layer missing there too.

Obviously people have different preferences, one guy replied that he likes it being more simple and now you're saying you like this combat over FF14 for your own reasons. For what I like from combat in a game DCUO's sadly feels underwhelming.
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Yes I play on console. AoE = Area of Effect
  10. DAnomalous Level 30

Haha no I know what you meant by the term, I just dont understand why DCUO's aoe is better than FF's.
  11. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

For me, I would have to say it is because I just unleash an attack and all nearby enemies receive damage instead of just 3 enemies like on FF14. It maybe limited to only 4, I don’t remember but I do know not all enemies will take damage in FF14 like they will in DCUO.
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

DDO
    LotRO
    Neverwinter
    Marvel Heroes
    Terra
    SWTOR
    RIFT
    FF14
    .... and more ;) I probably forget a few ;)

What are those games missing??

Combat.... Love the Combat in DCUO. No other game comes close.

Character Customization... not many other game offers the option to customize your character like DCUO

Flying... not many other game offers flying as an option... and those that do the Flying is clunky.... probably an attempt at being more realistic. In DCUO the Flying is smooth and relaxing. Love it.

Super-Speed... not sure if any other game allows you to be the Fastest Man Alive. ;)

Acrobat... not a lot of games allow you to crawl on walls the way DCUO does. Heck in the Avengers game even playing Spider-man does not allow you to climb walls as smoothly as DCUO does.

Probably could go on and on... but that will do.... for now. ;)
  13. Trykz Dedicated Player

It’s the combat.
    RPG meets fighting game with a great IP.
    • Like x 2
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of dere loved ones.

Also, flying.
    • Like x 2
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

do you know that I have an entire 75 issue Irvynnge comic run mapped out in my head, divided into 6 issue arcs, that features all of the 16 characters that I have created for this game? I know the origins & personalities & motivations of each & every one of them. I know who lives. & who dies. Irvynnge dies, by the way. kinda sorta. that's not a spoiler. I'm never going to write it, & Dave Gibbons is never going to draw it.

but that's what I love about this game, what I have always loved about this game. the crazy creative aspects of it all. finding a look. getting a base just right. dreaming up new ways to explain why I've got Batman's stuff in me basement. the overwrought back stories. making up that entire 75 issue comic run. I get to play around in the DC multiverse. what's not to love?
    • Like x 2
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

being put into a pug group....
    Waiting for the lag to allow me to inspect others.
    Waiting to see if the one character queued as tank actually switched into tank role.
    Wait for one or 2 of the 2 or 3 healers to use an armory to change roles.
    Then inspecting the tank.... 0o and Map/Warp to lair/leave instance.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I used to like ganking lowbies. Mind you, I wouldn't fudge with any lowbie doing their leveling missions but if I was flying around town and some poor lowbie was farming or what have you I'd pounce on them like a dog on a bone.
  18. Saami Loyal Player

Combat system. It is simple still somewhat complicated. Especially in PvP which is unfortunately almost non existent today.
  19. Star King Active Player

For me, it will always be about the story and lore, while playing as a hero. Can't stand being a villian. Hurting innocents is not my idea of fun, even if they are pixilated. lol
  20. fm0987 Committed Player

I kinda wish they would bring back (re balance?) pvp, be nice to stir up the monotony of pve from time to time. Still have a pvp set wondering if I should just scrap at this point, wasted bank space