Air/Wind power for DCUO?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Hero_for_fun, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Hero_for_fun New Player

I didn't know where else to post this thread on the forums. My question is would you want an air or wind power for DCUO? This would be for the control roll, and would utilize strong gusts of wind to damage enemies (tornados, hurricanes, sand storms, ext). I've thought of this being added for a while, and I want to see what others think.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's been suggested. The devs have said very recently there are no plans for new powersets.
    • Like x 1
  3. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

While not quite an air/wind powerset, there's several air/wind effects in the tree for the Flight movement mode that you could look at building a wind-based loadout from, even if you do have less choice than you'd have with a full powerset. Coupled with a staff weapon and you've virtually got yourself an Airbender...

Just taken a Controller character who uses Flight (actually Skimming but same difference) out for a spin in open world Thanagar with only those wind-based abilities from the Flight movement tree in the loadout, and it worked fine on the Thanagar goons. YMMV with bosses though.

I wouldn't expect any new powersets, air/wind or otherwise, anytime soon.
  4. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Would like new powers but they have said they aren't making plans to add new powersets.

Wind/Air has been wanted for a long while.
  5. AV Loyal Player

Earth is basically already a mix of Earth/Air/Wind, really, without even factoring in iconics & movement powers. Lots of twisters/tornadoes (eg. Upheaval, Sandblast, Debris Field). The tank and melee DPS side of the power leans more Earth and the ranged DPS side leans more wind and feels a lot like how you'd imagine Red Tornado would look & feel.
    • Like x 1
  6. L T Devoted Player

Earth, Ice, or Electric (depending on the particular flavor that you like) with Flight movement abilities thrown in.

I'd suggest checking out the test server. You can try out all three combinations and see which flavor you like.
    • Like x 1
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

right if we get wind, then we need heart...how can we summon Captain Planet? We have 3 out 5 powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Chia Death Well-Known Player

We're not getting playable Star Sapphires, give it a rest asking for more lantern powers!

(That's a joke if it doesn't come across in the text.)
  9. Hero_for_fun New Player

Thank you for the advice! It's very appreciated (same goes for everyone else that replied).

I think I'll try out Earth, as I have used the power in the past and it's actually where I got the idea of them adding in this power.
  10. Original Empress Well-Known Player

I have suggested a Weather powerset but I think a few creative consumables could do the trick.
  11. Star King Active Player

I think this would be an awesome. Making a Red Tornado themed character would be fun.
  12. Beastmaster Well-Known Player

To be honest im surprised it isn't seperate power already im sorry but Ice Earth Flight abilities don't count in my opinion it needs to be own thing they aren't proper wind power despite peoples stubborn views on it.
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

They missed the boat with this IMO. We have Earth and Fire but not Wind. Would make for a great league name, Earth, Wind, & Fire. We even have 2 water based powers in Water and Ice.