Bases in other Open Worlds

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OneWhoLaughed, Jan 19, 2022.

1. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I’m not sure if this has been requested before, or if it’s too much of a back-end task, but will we ever be able to locate our bases in other open worlds other than metropolis or Gotham?

With all episodes being free to play now might make this more feasible, when in the past you would needed have downloaded that episode and paid for it or membership etc.

It might be cool for players that take their character identity more seriously.

I’m not talking about reskin areas either like flashpoint Gotham or doomed metropolis, for example. I mean places like Atlantis, titans tower, thanagar etc.

Personally, I would love to have a base in war-torn village.

Curious to hear other peoples thoughts, or if this has been addressed before maybe it’s time to bring up the conversation again, as episodes are totally free and all areas accessible to everyone
    • Like x 16
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

well, given that all the episodes are now open to everyone & you don't need to purchase them, anymore, I don't see any real reason why not. I mean, I'd be happy with them in the reskinned areas, too. why not? sure. upvote from me.
    • Like x 5
  3. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

That was my logic.

I see a lot of threads talking about every aspect except their location in game, too
    • Like x 3
  4. Achikah All About That Base

As someone who cases out exterior locale before consuming a deed, I am so all for this. I've always dreamed of having a base in Thanagar. Also, it'd be really nice to actually chose an Atlantean doorway/home for an Atlantis base than a sewer grate or water run off.

+1 from me, all the way!
    • Like x 6
  5. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I'm totally here for it, if it's possible it must be a reason why it hasn't been done yet.
    • Like x 3
  6. Eve YouTuber

Would love that. Especially in Atlantis :(
    • Like x 5
  7. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I’m guessing it’s a pretty substantial undertaking as there are a lot of different worlds.

I dream of a game where I can see Gotham wastelands from the doorway of my Manor base
    • Like x 6
  8. Dene Devoted Player

I never thought of this until just now - imagine how cool it would be to have a base in Atlantis, Themyscira, any of the alt versions of gotham or metro or right near the Hall of Justice!
    • Like x 1
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I asked for Atlantis lair locations in you know, Atlantis at the time but they said no. :(
    • Like x 2
  10. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I’m hoping maybe because of the episode change it might be reconsidered.

Good to know though! Thank you
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have definitely talked about this before. And now it shall be talked about again.
    • Like x 20
  12. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Base in Themyscira is a very attractive proposition. Or on Oa if you're a lantern etc.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

There's no rule saying they'd have to make this possible in all open worlds at once. There's no reason they couldn't install the base location function in small batches of worlds, or one, at a time.
    • Like x 5
  14. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

If I have a space lair base and I exit through the door, I expect to be outside in space not in Metropolis. >_>
    • Like x 1
  15. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Very true. Had not thought about that tbh

Same feeling I get when I exit my volcano to find it raining in Gotham
    • Like x 3
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Lol that’s tough buddy
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't remember seeing an umbrella stand in the base furniture, but I could have missed it.

We certainly have enough umbrella weapons in the game now.
    • Like x 1
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

The way that one is designed (especially the window view), it should be considered a personal living quarters on Watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  19. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

The base lair is in the moon if I’m not mistaken and the Watchtower is just floating in space. You can clearly see through the window of the space lair rocks whereas in the watchtower you don’t. It’s whatever though, nothing important for them to do.
  20. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ah - I just misremembered. But they do have a moon map if they ever turned that into an open world
    • Like x 2