How do I develop my character well?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Kraldo8181, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Kraldo8181 New Player

Hello all. I am a beginner in DCUO and I am just getting to know the game and this world. I created the hero I liked the most after a few attempts at character creation. Main hmm .. "components" of the characters: acrobatics, gadgets, dual wield. Maybe some of you DCUO veterans can advise you on how to develop this character so that it is pleasant to play and not irritating other players in the next stage of the game :) But first I will play solo. It will be safer for other players :) Thank you very much in advance for all the prompts.
  2. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Gadgets is a top dps done right, OP if you put in the time and work. I'm content to just hold my own, it's a very handy power set.

Edit: focus on reaching end game (easily done with minor leg work and/or money for tc gear) get a feel for how it plays
    • Like x 1
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

just pick whatever you like and find fun all the powers can get content done play through the story and learn your powers and dont let the scoreboard chasers ruin the game for you who is top damage does not matter. finding a good league and making friends are what will hold you to the game long term

side note when choosing a power keep an idea what role you might want to play later as some are tanks some are healers and some are controllers
    • Like x 5
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Okay so this is really important. Since you are Gadgets it all depends what “fun” means to you. If you made a gadgets because you want to role play the then you’ll have many options when it comes to styles. For combat, Gadgets is a top tier powerset. In time you’ll get experience on your powerset that you’ll know the ins and outs. Lair bases, henchman, styles, auras pretty much cosmetic stuff can be really fun without even doing action. I suggest watching some YouTube videos on gadgets until you’re an expert. Then only then if you still want to be gadgets you would have already know what “fun” is to you and you’ll have a better picture. Who knows you might even have more fun with a different powerset.
    • Like x 2
  5. Kraldo8181 New Player

Thanks to everyone for the good advice.