Bounty Hunting in the Age of Legends

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Kimone, Oct 10, 2021.

1. Trykz Dedicated Player

Gonna have solo play tank speed runs become a thing lol, so can get “x” solo’s with the fastest time lmao. Was there anything that gave you trouble? Any moment when you thought you might lose it?
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Uhm. As long as you ignore the Shield Generator mechanic while you're fighting the Sub-bosses and make sure you focus on the Healer Drones when you're fighting Brainiac himself? You'll be fine. I didn't do this on my first run; which is why there's an extra 25 minutes of time in there.

I wiped intentionally and started over, because it became effectively impossible to deal damage - that's how effective the Drones are in the sub-boss phase.

That said, the Avatar of Magic's overlapping damage zones can add up so keep an eye on your feet and stay mobile, it and the energy tentacles from the Meta Avatar are probably the most dangerous individual attack mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

After a week and change away from trying it solo, I came back to it - this is my final vote. This is a complete hassle on Elite. Not impossible, the first two fights are even kinda fun solo, Lex is roooough though. I'm not usually on the "is Hammer Throw the key?" train these days, but lo and behold...
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Lol. Yes lex was the biggest pain when I was soloing it. The first boss is simple but can be messed up. I normally just use a 2 shield rotation. Since the contract mechanic is on a rotation is pretty simple to time it. I pop HLS right before the stun occurs. The dot will break the shield but power shields are usable while controlled so I pop my power shield when HLS breaks. If I mess up than I have my cola but normally it’s like clockwork so no issued. I don’t do anything special on lex. Pretty simple and I can do it with no prep work.

Lex has been the issue with trying to solo it. As a healer power or tank power it’s easy since they have tools to do it just fine. On troll powers I’ve had to get creative haha. I first tried to just burn through it all and the adds just pilled up and nuked me. I switched to rotating between adds and lex which worked on some powers with tools to self sustain or redirect damage. But as HL I was able to do it for to long. So what I ended up doing is taking advantage of the environment. A lot of the walls on the sides have sections that stick out which can be used to ignore the furry next to it all together. And there are tiny platforms on the walls which can be used to drive lex away from the adds to better deal with him. This has worked the best. But this has less wiggle room to move around so his melee attacks can hurt. And if you mistime his attack with his bunker buster it hurts lol. He can also knock you off the sides to a swarm of adds if you werent able to deal with them.

I’ve also used Diana taunt for me and slow down my burn as needed to make sure Diana is up when the adds spawn. Without adds I can self sustain just fine. If you get the hang of the health threshold than you can time your double shields with Diana. I also use the sidekick trinket so that when Diana goes away I have a split second more to kill the adds. Combine Diana with an orbital to bring the adds health down to a manageable range.

So Diana > orbital > sidekick/HLS > shield > supply
    This is the rotation that’s given me the most success. Especially since I don’t like using the ledges since it feels cheesy.
    • Like x 1
  5. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

i managed it with no perching on the ledge, so I do feel good about that. Mostly, I think it was stopping to do Prime that made it "click" - sometimes you really do just gotta kill the adds first, clear the chaff and make a path.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Yup. Gotta kill those pesky adds. When I do it as HL I do it in control role since HL has barely any CC while in dps role. That’s what I get for loving the power set with the least survivability lol. Oh how I miss the old shielding ability it used to have. But seriously. I only used the ledge 3x since it cheesy. The rest of the time I’ve just been timing my cooldowns around the adds spawning. First 2 waves are easy to deal with. It’s when the 3rd and last wave spawns that I have to pay attention to where all the rocks are lol
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

CHOWTIME.

Metropolis Roaches Gone Wild.
    • Like x 2
  8. Trykz Dedicated Player

Hey way to go!!
    Beeeaaaassst mooooode
    • Like x 1
  9. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Elemental - this fight is a slog.
    • Like x 1
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Trigon's Prison Solo - from the way-back machine
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

And Calculator - this would have been up a while ago but you'd be shocked how few people will just leave you alone to solo this.

I still have another ... pile of stuff in the process; still doing mechanics write-ups for the other two Paradox Demons in Time-Torm Area 51 and I have a variety of Shadow Archon Solo methods to contribute, and I think I'll go ahead and post Giganta since I haven't heard from anyone about it yet. More soon.

In the meantime, what's YOUR vote for the hardest Bounty to Solo? Or the hardest to beat, period? Excluding things like Validus (timers kinda force the issue).
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Well, it was recorded last month but I was waiting on Developer feedback. Received none so here we go. In the meantime I've also filled out a few more spots on the big list up there. If anyone in broadcast distance is running a Villain and is familiar with the Metropolis Battlezone Bounties, I do have a couple of questions. In the meantime - that's all the current Doomed D.C. Bounties, in a bow.
  13. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Added Fire Shogg, Shadow Batman Demon, Superman, Shadow Golem, and a bunch of incoming from the Jankiest Quantum in the West.

Also up next - Stryker's, for grins - check back soon!
    • Like x 1
  14. Trykz Dedicated Player

Woot woot can’t wait!!
  15. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Something new. I got a Clarion for my Ice Tank, Galatea, and Galea liked it so much she put in an order for one as well. This is what happened when I took it for a test run using my standard Bounty Hunter Controller build.

This was the test that Galatea ran which convinced Galea to get a second one:

It cut the uptime on the Calculator fight *in half* compared to Gallica's run.

And Galatea killed the Shadow Golem with it:

Shadow Golem, no lie, probably my vote for the hardest single-target Bounty in the game, due simply to the fact that it shrugs off Everything and Heals itself constantly.

Also starting to like the Precision Ice Tank now that there's a bit more support for gaps provided by Shield-penetration mechanics.
    • Like x 1
  16. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Hey interesting thread, I've always had bounties in my mind for both the feats and a sense of accomplishment. I remember getting wrecked by the Minotaur in open world and once my CR increased defeating it felt great, but felt frustrated when I first encountered clamped worlds and couldn't defeat any bosses on my own. Getting groups to complete bounties were also a rare occurrence as well, so I had to rely on ''bounty hunting times'' for everything before Tier 6 which would be during the first few days of a weekly reset and earlier in the day. Even then, most worlds Tier 5 and before tend to be ghost towns.

Aside from perhaps the episode bonus weeks or during a random day when word spreads around, you don't really see people spamming the older bounties. I decided to take that to my own hands recently.

Have had mostly no issues with my ice toon aside from FP Aqualad due to his self healing. Trying a might battle tank build for the most part but switch to regular tank with clarion and more shields for more dangerous bounties. The might battle tank build still has some frustrating deaths due to ice's lack of healing (I still need to level my EOG and Mystic 7 up to 160), also some battles have taken a painfully long time like how you mentioned the Shadow Golem.

For my celestial toon I've dabbled with just the older Tier 2-4 bounties, using a might battle healer build with shields, pets, and EOG/Scrap/Quislet. Nothing's been an issue so far aside from Orion...I just keep killing the adds until I get Lightray to get my weekly bounty count. Might make a serious attempt to try out Tier 5 and 6 down the line, so far struggled with the 4 Starros when my pets were on cooldown.
    • Like x 1
  17. Trykz Dedicated Player

Very very cool!!! Great job! That art is a freaking game changer eh?
    • Like x 1
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Yeah, I put it and a 200 Lazarus on Galatea and yeah... If you want that old school "can't die" Ice Tank feel back, definitely the ticket.

Plus, Clarion's an actual Heal heal, so it Crits, so it procs Strategist too. Wonderful stuff.
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Chaos Gotham usually (still) has people running Bounties, at least on USPS; so for finding a group in Tier 5, that's a good place to go.
    Might-build Battle Tanks are tricky with some Powersets: I'm surprised you got a working Ice recipe, but good show all the same. I've had decent results with a Might Fire Tank-DPS (instead of a Battle Tank with full or mixed Tank Gear and Might or Precision stats, it's literally just a full-service DPS operating out of the Tank Role). Mystic Symbol is another excellent Ice Tank Artifact; it makes up a lot mitigation space that Ice simply has no answers for. Fire still has Immolation and Hard Light Shield, but Ice's self-healing is limited purely to Supercharges and Iconics.
    Orion is rough - definitely the hardest New Genesis Bounty. I managed to complete that fight mostly by keeping a distance and non-stop Precision attacks; that being said, I've seen a couple instances where people were using Celestial (dunno if it was Prec or Might) to solo some truly beefy stuff, so keep barking up that tree.

Also, the four Starros is surprisingly rough for a Bounty that's ostensibly just small creatures. It'll test your Mitigation and your output flexibility, for sure.
    • Like x 1
  20. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

Yep Chaos Gotham still has people, was able to complete all the feats that way. Overall not difficult to solo aside from Shadow Golem who should be fought close range.

My ice battle tank loadout is 3 attacks, 2 shields, and ice elemental, my deaths tend to be when both shields are on cooldown so thinking of swapping an attack for another shield. Arctic Gust works fine on the loadout due to no cooldown.

May have to make loadout changes with more heals and fight Orion at long range to have a chance, otherwise my current loadout has been pretty effective with building supercharge and spamming Consume Soul for both damage and healing pets. Do want to try a prec battle heal build once I get clarion up.

It was rough, had to make sure I could summon all my pets, fight from a decent range, and had to swap in my priority heal so I could spam it when the going got tough.
    • Like x 1