Further Account Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You don't seem to get that your opinion is completely irrelevant.

Go on holding it. Shout it wherever you want.

For all the good it will do you. Nobody cares.
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That's why in the very first sentence I said, "doesn't necessarily apply to you" ;)

As for the payment, transaction etc. etc. the money is with Daybreak correct, the money will NOT be going back to the player, correct.

The reason for this is explicitly outlined within the terms and conditions, I'm not going to provide them to you, you can look them up :)
    • Like x 5
  3. Ryll Committed Player

If I were in a situation where my artifacts were zeroed out after spending money on them my first phone call would be to my credit card company to report a suspicious transaction on that the goods and/or services were being rescinded.
  4. Ryll Committed Player

Have you not read the posts where I said that DB owns our accounts? They are essentially rescinding a transaction by way of resetting the artifact to zero. Something that was bought above board and because of the difference in going from a ******** arbitrary 10% vs 9%. Up to 9% glitch experience and your previous experience on the artifact is safe. They remove the glitched experience but everything else you put into that artifact is fine. 1% more, lose all xp, seals, whatever amount of money the player put into that artifact. Not fair by any stretch of the imagination. For a 160 level artifact......1% exp is about 6800 exp. That's the ******** threshold between losing glitched xp vs all xp, all seals, all money put into the marketplace to level that artifact.
  5. Ryll Committed Player

I know what your post said. It still doesn't mean I can't reiterate my actions within this debacle.

The money is with daybreak. I would love to see the section of the ToS where DB can essentially void a transaction from the marketplace and keep the money.

Like I mentioned previously, my first phone call would be to my credit card company to report a suspicious transaction on the grounds of goods and/or services being rescinded.
  6. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Reporting the transaction as fraudulent and requesting a refund would just result in a perm ban to your DC account for sure lol so if anyone feels like losing their account forever then I would recommend this course of action.
    • Like x 4
  7. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

An example of:
    A player spent, lets say two grand, on leveling up however many artifacts can be leveled up for that amount... six months to year ago.
    Forward to this debacle. Same player abuses the glitch to level up several artifacts on some alts. Same player does what you would do and call the credit card company for suspicious activity circling back to the time where the same player willingly spent two grand to level up "x" number of artifacts. Investigation is launched, questions asked, judgement determined. Lets say same player is in the wrong and pissed off because of the "more one spends on a game on digital goods and greater the entitlement" didnt hold up and partook in the glitch of leveling up some alts and received the action doled out by DI.
    Which way to the copium den then? Same player could have cut the losses, accepts the punishment and have arts set to zero or a permaban. Seems like cutting losses would be better in the long run. Now after the judgement on the sus activity credit card ruling, DI has said to hell with it and permaban/deletes that player account. Again which way to copium den?

On the flip side of all that, lets say the player gets a full refund and the "claim" of suspicious activity is in favor of the same player. Would/could DI terminate the account if had to dole out a full refund to same player, or be just let that player resume and play on?

and all this copium and justfications on exploiting and abusing the artifact glitch the alledged money spent etc etc reminds of some of the Big Fazeek dcuo lore. lol
  8. Proxystar #Perception

And then you'll end up perma-banned.
    • Like x 3
  9. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

the resetting of the glitched artifacts to zero is restitution. common legal practice. and not theft.
    • Like x 4
  10. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I genuinely believe you don't mean it this way, but what you describe is credit card fraud. The transaction was completed at some previous date. I'm not saying this to jump into an argument with you. It's really more of a public service announcement. An individual should not claim a suspicious transaction under these circumstances.
    • Like x 3
  11. KneelBeforeZodd Dedicated Player

They are not. There are state and federal legislation on consumer protection agaisnt abusive practices, discrimination and fake advertesing. The TOS is built based on that and is a 2 way deal, as long as you follow it, daybreak must give you what you paid for or a refund. Plus, anything that changes in the TOS is valid only after that has been promoted to the community, if you are not six feet tall but the rule wasnt in place when you bought a membership, they own you a refund.

And on DCUO not everything is owned by daybreak, every iconic location and iconic character is a WB property.

I know some of it was a joke, but players do also have rights dont matter if they are paying or not.
  12. Mr.W Committed Player

Personally, I'm in agreement with you that this punishment both set a strong precedent & taught a hard lesson to play fair or you get nowhere (quite literally in this case lol).

This situation also got me thinking if its possible to also start start sending emails to players of major updates or MAJOR things under construction in the game for players who may not keep up with the forums or social media? Or a mass letter to players in game mail? That way nobody can say they didn't know something was wrong.
    • Like x 1
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What's your point?
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Sure.

HTH.
    • Like x 4
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's not a "2 way deal." If it is, quote the relevant language from the TOS.

No, they don't. They explicitly and entirely do not. You can't just make up your own laws from your preferences.

Thanks for making it clear that you have zero idea as to what you're talking about.

No, they don't. There is no right to digital assets or right to use a game. None whatsoever.

But, by all means, go to court. Go to consumer protection agencies. Have fun storming the castle and seeing how far your pronouncements take you in a court. I have popcorn.
  16. Trykz Dedicated Player

You’re so sassy and I love it lmfao.
    • Like x 4
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Good for you.

Be sure to tell them that the goods are being rescinded after you committed a theft from the same company.
    • Like x 1
  18. DAnomalous Level 30

At best you're going to pay a lot more in legal fees than it takes to p2w your artifacts back up again
    • Like x 1
  19. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s not a stretch to imagine a game with the population size of DCUO possibly can’t afford to lose hundreds of endgame players in one hit. You’ve seen all the posts about the endgame being quieter since the initial suspensions in December. People are aware of the commercial needs of the game to be profitable to continue. If you want to characterise that as cynicism you’re welcome to do so of course, but barring one or two posts, it largely isn’t.

You are the one who set the expectation that there was a high likelihood the temporary bans would be converted into permanent bans and it hasn’t happened. Now, you’re telling us the solution you have come up with is the fairest, and of course people will have different opinions on that, but you set that expectation and are now reacting in a somewhat haughty fashion when the players who were supportive of the mooted permanent bans are presented with this new outcome and are - reasonably for the most part - speculating about the reasons for the change.

I appreciate the transparency over what has happened and that this has been a major headache for Dimensional Ink (and I imagine, you in particular), but you have to take into consideration the broad support permanent bans received (I didn’t see you post to say ‘thanks for your support as we take this step’ - you only posted to disagree with those contesting permanent bans, which is somewhat ironic with the benefit of hindsight), but the above post reads a bit like you’re sticking the boot in to the players who expected permanent bans and are wondering why what was expected to happen hasn’t.
    • Like x 2
  20. MentalsMistress01 New Player

Curious- Is there a reason why Xbox doesnt have any of the gold spammers while PSN/PC does? Definitely happy to hear they being banned on the daily since I just added 2 to my ignore list this morning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.