So is there no purple gear in LOD daily/weekly boxes or am I just unlucky?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So I held off opening a bunch of boxes till yesterday when I finally got both Adaptives over 20 for the loot 'bonus' chances. I opened 51 loot boxes (6 large weeklies, 45 small dailies) and got 0 choices of purple gear. Very little Blue either, but at least a few. Only netted 1 Still force as well, so very underwhelming, but the 0 purple seems off, even for 'bad luck'.

I'm assuming SOMEONE has gotten purple off the boxes, but was just wondering as I now can't recall seeing any ever pop up on alts either who generally only run the outdoor stuff.
    • Like x 1
  2. Yass Queen Hyppolyta Dedicated Player

It totally does. It's just RNG. On my main, I struggled to get any purples to drop. On my least used alt? Got an almost full set of purple gear between one round of weeklies/ dailies and the raid. It's ridiculous sometimes :p
    • Like x 2
  3. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Bad luck. I have barely done anything but I got one purple and I only have done open world (a couple times) thus DLC. Sorry bro. RNG gonna RNG.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...I figured it was just RNGsus hating on me again....just wanted verification.

Gotta go say 3 'Hail Mepps' and 'Our Charons' as penance to get back in his good graces maybe.
    • Like x 2
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I had a few purples drop back when Ep. 42 first came out but I haven’t really seen any lately myself. Mostly everything is green. Oh well, fodder for league prestige.
  6. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

Sorry, buddy. RNG be a fickle master. :p
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

What a waste of good salvage :p
  8. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Salvage only helps me. Donating to my league’s prestige bank helps my league mates. As a league leader (on the hero side) I put my league first. I love them and I try to always show them that I appreciate them for choosing to be a member in my league.
  9. Plowed In Loyal Player

Yeah, it feels like they usually come in waves and then droughts…
    • Like x 1
  10. BumblingB I got better.

RNGesus has abandoned you.
    • Like x 1
  11. L T Devoted Player

You're a little more likely to get purples to drop from the weekly boxes in my experience. Only thing I can advise is get your augments up for extra gear picks. That definitely helps.
    I've had almost the exact same thing happen.

I've also succeeded on the first try for the level 160 artifact break through 3 times in a row. I've also failed artifact level 60 break through twice in a row.

RNG is just so... random sometimes.
    • Like x 1
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I hear you - sometimes, you just have to check - otherwise, it feels a bit crazy. I hope your luck changes this week!
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Depends on the size of the league and how active, I suppose. I wouldn't know since every league I've been in hits the prestige cap within 3 days of reset
  14. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I think it's great that you're prioritizing your league. I take a two-pronged approach. Any gear that's only worth a few prestige gets salvaged (sometimes I send the exos to leaguemates in need), and then I run an extra AF3 or Halls of Power instance to get a piece or two of 100 or 102 gear, which give a few hundred prestige each, which goes to the league.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I literally said in the first line I held off opening them till I had my augments up. So yes....good idea, thanks for the tip.
    • Like x 1
  16. Jcal Dedicated Player

RNG strikes again!

I started the DLC with 75 boxes saved up on my main characters; pretty much got full sets of blue 304 gear and maybe 3-4 pieces of 308 purple each. Since then, I've gotten quite a few more purple pieces from the dailies/weeklies, maybe 1-2 pieces a week. Although, it's very often rings and neck... the junk, basically, as far as CR calculation goes. Doubly so for rings since the new Speed Force ring is a 308 OP item.
    • Like x 1
  17. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Pray at the Cathedral in Gotham.
  18. L T Devoted Player

Didn't mean to infuriate you. I've experienced wide ranges of good and bad luck. Maybe yours will turn around.
    • Like x 2
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not infuriated...just saying, I was already trying that vs just opening. No....it did not change my luck unfortunately. Going to DCUO church today to light some candles....fingers crossed.