Anti-Monitor fight - 6th Dimension question

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by 9001BPM, Jan 13, 2022.

1. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So you herd us into tiny little zones, but then punish us for standing next to each other with this “Corruption Beam”. Am I missing something, because that seems very unfair? Is there something else I’m supposed to be doing in this situation?
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Not breakout. It is similar to the second boss of pzr or that mechanic in DWF.
    • Like x 1
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If you look carefully (I don't know how people are missing this...maybe zoom out all the way) you'll see that there are 3 Blue safe zones. The tank takes the middle one and everyone else takes a spot between the two remaining zones instead of bunching up in one spot. It's Super easy, barely an inconvenience.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

So fundamentally, it’s down to other players and I have zero control over this. Wonderful. :( Thanks for the heads-up though.
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What usually happens is the tank is in one zone, and everyone else is in the second one because the third (I do see it, you know. The snark isn’t warranted) is way too far away from the fight.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

It "looks" too far. If the tank takes the middle one, you can easily range attack from either safe zone easily.* As an FYI to anyone reading this, you do not need to be dead center of the blue safe zone...just being on the edge is enough to protect you, thereby extending your range.

*Apologies are owed, I did not intend to throw snark at you...it's just the frustration of seeing almost every pug run with everyone bunching up into one safe zone has driven me bananas (combined with the insane obsession for some idiot pathologically firing off an orbital strike in the middle of a bunched up group...UGGHH). So again, my apologies to you.
    • Like x 1
  7. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

I play on console (PS). I don't think we can really zoom out as far as some of us would like. It's one (no zoom) or the other (zoom out) and not much else if I'm remembering correctly.
  8. BumblingB I got better.

I don't think the cleanse pools prevent the attack that OP is mentioning. There is a mechanic that hits a player and if they breakout, does a lot of damage to teammates. I've been killed several times by leaguemates. It even tells you who did it too.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

The solution is pretty simple. Do it like any normal player would do: die and blame the healer.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

That’s okay. I understand. I’ve preemptively given up on trying to get the tank to stand in the middle zone going forward. Nobody ever listens to me. :( I would chalk it up to the autism, but seems I’m not the only one.
    • Like x 1
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

To be fair, the damage has a very limited range, so discussion of zone placement is still very relevant. I just resented the implication that I missed something as obvious as the existence of multiple zones. But it wasn’t really aimed at me, so it’s all good.

The same thing happens every time. I find an empty zone, and I’m thrilled… until I realise said zone is much too far away from any NPC for me to contribute to the group. So I have to make a decision… and I hate making it. I wanted to check if there was some more palatable third option. Seems there isn’t. :(
    • Like x 1
  12. fm0987 Committed Player

Hold L1, press up or down on the d pad
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

There's at least one two more levels to the zoom out. I started on the PS3 and have been playing on the PS4 to this day. If you Zoom out all the way you can see where all three blue safe zones are, and the remaining 7 players can flank from both sides. Huddling in the one safe zone is begging for a wipe.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Thank you for pointing that out, I forgot about that. I suspect (but haven't gotten a chance to prove it), that a Tank's group breakout ability which will break you out safely and grant a short burst of immunity. Sadly, because that ability is so situational, most tanks don't use theirs (although I do see Atomic tanks use theirs more often). The other option would be a healer popping a shield (which requires good timing/planning).

What I mentioned about people not huddling together does help against that mechanic a little by reducing the number of people taken out at the same time.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Here's an option: If people insist on huddling in the wrong safe zones, throw on some Personal Dampening Fields and clip some abilities with it (pop it every time it's off cooldown) until the fight is over.
  16. BumblingB I got better.

The design of the encounter is kind of punishing, to be honest. Not in the way of like it being hard or difficult to control, but how they place the 3 purifying pools. Giant map, tank lures Anti-monitor to the middle one. Divide groups on either side, but that isn't always the case. Sometimes the tank has to pick a pool that may end up being the end one because of how quickly you have to get to it so you don't lose power and strain the group.

I've tanked this raid quite a number of times, it actually is the least interesting fight in the whole instance. I don't know what elite is like yet, but I understand there are more added mechanics to it.
    • Like x 1
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I don't know about least interesting...but most annoying...100%. And it's only because of those two things....people all pooling together in the same safe zone or idiots firing off their orbital strikes...even after being told not to. Everything else is ok in my opinion, but this is just the regular version. I haven't stepped foot in elite, and won't do so until my crew gets it together more consistently (I hear them on mic cursing each other out because someone thought it would be funny to fire off an orbital when they are THIS close to victory).
    • Like x 1