Further Account Actions Taken Today

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcySoda New Player

so all their artifacts are gonna be removed even the ones they leveled up legit or only the ones with the exploit?
  2. Green Action Well-Known Player

No gifts for you.
    meeps.
    did you just do a Seinfeld reference, I Love it
    happy new year,
    lets get back to saving the world,
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I like this. I found out that some friends of mine did this and I was, I admit, selfishly worried about never seeing them again. I didn’t say anything until now because I didn’t want to be an apologist. What they did was unbelievably stupid, at best. I’m glad you found a good way to teach them a lesson without removing them from my life. :D
    • Like x 6
  4. HooLeeCow Well-Known Player

You know what they say you cant choose parents( im sure yours gr8 ) but with friends i would be more careful in selection proces .
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I can't say it more clearly than this:

We will remove all experience on items that received exploited experience in excess of 10% of their total - for the currently suspended accounts, if those suspensions are not converted into permanent bans. That means those items will be reset to 0 experience and all progress will be lost. For most players/items, this is a tremendous loss of experience that far outweighs the attempted illegitimate gains.
    • Like x 7
  6. ObviouslyPepe New Player

Anything that the exploited XP touched will be reset to 0 is what Im getting from this.
    • Like x 1
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Sometimes people can surprise you, and not always in ways that you’d like. I’m very disappointed in them, I assure you.
    • Like x 3
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Thanks guys, great moves
  9. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

While I totally understand the decisions, and the choice to let these people pay you going forward (smert!), your dragnet happened to catch a few of the worst racists and trolls, and it was nice to have them gone from public channels. Alas.

I wonder, and don't expect a public response, but DO hope it's considered internally, if your response is different when someone seems to have told others, spread the exploit around their league etc. Even if they didn't engage themselves, or only did so on a lesser level, I worry those people will only seek further cheats or exploits.

Anyway, I sincerely appreciate the openness and clarity throughout the process, as I think you've done a stellar job there. And of course gifts!!!

(Gifts, gifts, gifts, even more gifts! I do the Mepps-osian dance of joy! Seriously this anniversary has been amazing. The Bleed chroma, omg, love. LOVE.)
    • Like x 2
  10. ObviouslyPepe New Player

What about the accounts where people did the glitch then deleted the character with the glitched artifacts in hope of just restoring the deleted character will all the exploited XP artifacts. Have you guys checked for this? This is a very common thing people do.
    • Like x 1
  11. Lowest New Player

I actually know a few people who deleted there character and are still playing no suspension.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Not our first rodeo.

Deleting or not deleting your character has had no impact on being suspended or not.
    • Like x 8
  13. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

Mepps Said:
    “And Also Gifts!

Finally, the team wants to thank everyone who did not take part in this exploit and everyone who helped us track it down.

Exploiters were a small fraction of the community, but everyone had to deal with the disabled systems and confusion. We understand how frustrating those days after launch were and how frustrating it is the exploit made it to live in the first place.

So, everyone (not suspended) can log in to claim another free gift to help with fortification:
    • 6500 Ally Favor
    • 1 Reinforced Nth Metal
    • 1 Perfected Exobyte Mega Pack
    • 1 Seal of Completion
    • 2 Seal of Preservation Packs
    • 35 Source Marks
    Thank you again for your patience and support. Let's get back to saving the world.

Players must log in and claim this thank-you gift by January 19, 2022. Accounts currently suspended will remain suspended until January 20, 2022. No gifts for you.”

For those of us NOT suspended this is what applies to us :D

Thank you Mepps
    • Like x 6
  14. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Now can we take action against spammers?
  15. metro2k Well-Known Player

16. ObviouslyPepe New Player

Ok, just making sure cowboy!
  17. Apollonia Dedicated Player

Seems like a really good and more equitable approach to the issue. Hard to find anything to argue about here if you're operating in good faith on the issue. Glad you guys took some extra time to consider your direction on this.
    • Like x 4
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you have specific examples of someone you know exploited xp and did not have it removed, please send me the info in a private message. Inspecting someone and seeing a lot of xp doesn't mean anything.
    • Like x 9
  19. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Thanks, Mepps!

Great start to a mew year! :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Jumi New Player

What is your definition of "egregious" (like how many artifacts 200)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.