cr 310 skip

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by parp, Jan 11, 2022.

1. parp New Player

one of anniversary gifts is cr 310 skip.
    my main toon is cr 90, with 42 feat points.
    i have red years ago tho that using cr skip is not good idea because you lose on feat points, something like this i don not remember correctly but my main toon has done all the mission up to level 30 and some more and it is currently cr 90.
    i want to know is it a good idea to use the cr 310 skip on my main toon or not ? am i gonna lose on feats if i do it or not?
    thanks for help.
  2. Medoki New Player

you dont lose any feats, you can always go back and do them whenever you please
    • Like x 4
  3. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Who told you or where did you read that you lose feat points? I just had to LOL at that comment. First of all, if you’re a new player and still are trying to learn all there is to mechanics, your powerset, etc… then it’s best not to cr skip because it places you close to end game content. We don’t need newbies joining in not knowing what to do because of the jump. If you are at a low cr and barely did any feats then cr skip will give you feats thus granting you some skill points. Cr skip isn’t intended for new players it’s intended for alts.
    • Like x 2
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

yeah you wont lose Feats. Instead youll have a lot of the General Feats and other things auto completed giving you rough 70ish Skill Points and youll start from there to get more Skill Points on your own. Its either 70 or 90. Cant remember and not looking at my notes currently.
    • Like x 1
  5. parp New Player

2-3 years ago on this forums actually, it was about how important feat points are and skipping is bad idea.
    however i am playing as tank i already did tank some raids and 4 man dungeons and i know my power sets and how to tank but obviously did not tank elite version,
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the point THEN was that if you progress to 310 naturally, you'd have to go through much of the content to continually get more gear to move up. Along the way you'd get several easy SP like speed feats, some styles, exploration feats and a few feats that would have been a freebie if running with higher level players.

This is not as accurate now, although all the feats are still there and you'll need to get into the content to get them(even the freebie/easy ones)...you can get the gear anywhere now, so there would be no NEED to go through the content to get the gear to reach 310....you can run the same T1 run repeatedly and get the gear, even starting at CR 30. In the end, the SP you will get from the skip won't be enough to really function in endgame content, so one way or the other you'll need to go back and get some of those earlier feats....you'll just have to double back vs getting them along the way naturally now.

However, the overall point is still true. If you use a CR skip, you will get minimal SP to function....you will NOT be ready for endgame in most instances. You will need to get some more SP...(most you can get easily)...as well as a few artifacts...base gear like orbital/supply drop/tac mods to really do well in the newer content. You CAN get in....but don't expect to be a major player in the run. You should still use the skip if you want...just go in informed you'll be lacking in some way. If you take that into account, the skips are fine.

You'll be like a well conditioned weight lifter who wants to get into wrestling or MMA. You'll look the part and be able to get into the fight....but you will get your butt handed to you without the fighting experience/training.
    • Like x 1
  7. Catastroflare Well-Known Player

If someone wants to use their CR skip as a brand new player that's their prerogative.

Why you always poo pooing on how other people may want to play and enjoy this game? Yeesh.
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

If you want to interpret it like that’s that’s your prerogative.
  9. kingmonkey Active Player

Is the amount of SP given by a CR skip set? Or is it relative to the amount of CR levels you skip? I see that most players are saying it's "about 70 SP, or so" but do we know exactly how many? And will it give that many, for example, if I CR skipped a 309 to 310?
    • Like x 1
  10. Berza Committed Player

It's not SP what you get, it's feats. You get all exploration, base game instances, a few from R&D... So you will get any feats included in the skip that you don't have already done. The first time I used a skip I got around 10 SP, because I already had a lot of the feats included. So it doesn't matter if you are cr 309 or cr 50, you get the same feats.

Edit: I am pretty sure the number of SP granted to a fresh toon is 87, including the removed R&D feats.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I haven't used one in a while, but I think out of the box it's 77. Then you need to run the Artifacts mission which will grant another SP (I believe) and as soon as you get +1 CR (very easy, should take 1 or 2 pieces of gear) and you will get another 2 or 3 from old feats that auto grant...so I BELIEVE without doing much at all, you should end up at 81 SP within 10-15 min after getting going. That's enough for your crits + movement + WM (if you use it) and a point or 2 into your stat of your choice. So bare minimum, but something.

Let the grind begin!!
    • Like x 1
  12. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I'm considering it. I've been playing 1 year but don't do many alerts and raids unless I know people to run with so there's a lot of content I've not gotten to yet. I've been working through the episodes, doing all the solo grinds mostly. Last time I CR skipped it was a new character which I only used to do the natural movement feats then mothballed. Now my main is 286 (next highest is 140) but only 152 SP because I didn't realise they were a thing for about 6 months! This would add about 15-20 SP I think - mostly from missed raids and alerts. Not a lot, but helpful.
    It would be nice to go to the 31st century again.
  13. Noble One Committed Player

feats wasnt the problem as like many stated you can go back and get them (granted some may be harder to get then others). what was bad about skipping was the loss of knowledge many lose out on. most that are CR skipping are new so youre literally going from rookie content to endgame with a stick and paper plate for gear. this is why its been said SP should be given with skips since a lot of new people dont know you need those points for endgame content.
    • Like x 1